Reading Log 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've read two books so far this summer. :) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a reread for me. It still is as funny as I remember. The other one is The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. It wasn't one of my favorites. I will say that but it did inspire me to make sure that I do not to spend 20 yrs. of my life blaming others and losing sight of this one beautiful life that I have to live.

I'm currently reading A Man Called Ove. I'm just into Ch. 3 and not sure what I think of it at this point.

I ordered the first two to read. tfs

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lisa Kleypas's book is not available at our library. I did however order Christmas Eve at Friday Cove.
I will read anything Christmassy so it will be good.

There is a movie based on this book titled "Christmas with Holly" I have a streaming app called Feel.n that it is on. The app is like a Hallmark Channel and not expensive.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Currently reading The Gatehouse by Nelson DeMille. It's the sequel to The Gold Coast which I read last month. I read The Rumor in between.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have nothing here at the moment to read!! I think it is time I do another order from the library.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i need to order some books on my nook ive gotton away from it and i love to read

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Pachinko is almost finished. Then I have The Gold Coast and Harry Fry to read really fast since I ordered from the library and they are both in now.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Pachinko is almost finished. Then I have The Gold Coast and Harry Fry to read really fast since I ordered from the library and they are both in now.
The Gold Coast is fairly long ... don't know about Harry Fry ... start reading!

Don't do what I did and decide to order the sequel to The Gold Coast before you finish it ... then read the synopsis to be sure you've got the right book ... which, as the one I read did, may give away the ending of The Gold Coast!

I'm currently reading the sequel (The Gatehouse). If you want my opinion, I'll let you know what I think of it when I finish reading it.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I've been using the Goodreads app, it has really helped me keep better track of what I have read and finding some new books this year. I am finishing the last Outlander book, "Written In My Own Heart's Blood".
On my night stand is the second and third book in the series "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency".

www.goodreads.com/House3lf -- if anyone wants to share Goodreads book lists

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I've been using the Goodreads app, it has really helped me keep better track of what I have read and finding some new books this year. I am finishing the last Outlander book, "Written In My Own Heart's Blood".
On my night stand is the second and third book in the series "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency".

www.goodreads.com/House3lf -- if anyone wants to share Goodreads book lists
I have added you. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I can't believe that I'm saying this. I couldn't finish A Man Called Ove. It was just a bit too heavy for me at this time in my life. (This was the second book in a row that had a suicide/attempted suicide in it and I wasn't aware of it when I picked up the book. We've had a family friend commit suicide in January.) I think I am in need of some lighter reading from now on.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Holiday_Mom. Sorry to hear of your recent loss.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I happened to download a Debbie Macomber book called "Changing habits" ,,, I didn't find it was her usual romance novel, this one was about 3 young girls who became nuns and their story. I really enjoyed this book.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too just finished a Debbie Macomber. "Any Dream will do" Very good, I read it in two nights.
I know have The Lopsided Christmas Cake to read, looking forward to that.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Since the last time I posted I have read:

Dark Witch by Nora Roberts
Escape from Asylum, Asylum, The Scarlets, Sanctum, and The Bone Artists by Madeleine Roux
The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan (still working on)
The Lake Effect by Erin McCahan
Something Borrowed, Something Bleu, Wined and Died, and Deadly Row to Hoe by Cricket Mcrae
Everyone We've Been by Sarah Everett (working on now)