Ready for Fall

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Today I had lunch with a friend at a farm called Richardson Farm. It's a small farmer's market (sort of reminds me of Cracker Barrel). It's a quaint little store. Not to mention the food is awesome. You can get anything from fresh meats and produce to homemade preserves. It's always busy with customers. Not only can you get groceries they have an area where you can buy beautiful flowers and plants. I just love going there.

After having lunch in the garden area, as we were leaving what should my eyes gaze upon? Pumpkins and mums and other fall plants. The pumpkins were big and looked as if they were just harvest from the field.

I tell you, fall just can't get here soon enough. I'm so over summer. lol

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience. It gives us all hope! LOL

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The farm sounds wonderful and I too, am so over summer.

Bring on Fall!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
And here in Australia today it is a gorgeous nearly spring day. spring starts on September 1st. DD and I are wearing t-shirts and jeans, and have just been to the mall. The mall is full of happy chatter and lively music. The stores are filled with spring/summer clothing and it seems like the fashions will be nice this year.

We ordered a salad for lunch and will eat it out on the back deck in the early afternoon sunshine.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
And here in Australia today it is a gorgeous nearly spring day. Spring starts on September 1st. DD and I are wearing t-shirts and jeans, and have just been to the mall. The mall is full of happy chatter and lively music. The stores are filled with spring/summer clothing and it seems like the fashions will be nice this year.

We ordered a salad for lunch and will eat it out on the back deck in the early afternoon sunshine.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Bri ng on fall. Am ready for the cooler Temps & the fall coloring.. Wooooooo hoooooo.. ...
As time gives me. I am spreading the cheer of fall...

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
that sounds nice, cant wait for fall want to see cooler weather pumpkins spice drinks, tfs

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I am so jealous of you guys located in areas that actually have fall colors. I have it on my bucket list to travel this fall to see the fall splendor. I've only seen it in postcards and on calendars. Our seasons go from lush green 100º heat index to dead brown, cold and wet here along the coast. There's no beautiful yellows, oranges and reds except on the ornamental pepper plants around here. LOL

I did break out my Autumn Wreath Yankee Candle and have it burning at my desk while I work on my papers. :)

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Fall is just beautiful up north Ellen. Hope to see you up here enjoying it soon

And spring is beautiful after a long, cold winter Katrina! Enjoy it.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
It is lovely here all the trees are in such color,as i have been waxing many,and we have large pumpkins for sale just about everywhere here,theres so many things for fall.We even have pumpkin donuts,pumpkin pie spice creamers,many ,many things,as i have had many donuts are so good,oh and the pumpkin coffee is just wonderful,i have got pumpkin spice candles,also bought a cider candle,and i'll be starting my fall baking,lots of pumpkin,apple and cider baked goodies.Hope you all have a lovely day.:pumpkin::)

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Angelpugs I'm jealous. It's super hot here. Yesterday is was 91 degrees and very humid. Not a good day for hair let me tell you. As far as the the leaves, the ones that are turning are turning a yucky brown.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am ready for fall too. All those wonderful colors and nice crisp cool air. We had pretty mild summer this year but I think this past week made up for that. Its been too hot and humid.

A few more weeks and we will be decorating for fall and halloween!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Ellen-You've got to come to western NC, we have mountains and beautiful color-I lived on the coast for many years, I understand exactly what you are saying..I grew up close to where Jess lives, so I really missed it..
Saw pumpkins at the local produce stand yesterday, and the girls I work with are all up to their eyeballs in spice pumpkin lattes-I don't drink coffee, but they smell good...still very hot here this week though..

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
It is beautiful here as i collected more leaves and waxed them,the colors are just lovely as i've been checking out pumpkins,the one farm stand has many but,he wants 55 cents a pound for them and a few other places i found them about 12.00-25.00 for one which made me happy doesn't matter the size either,as this one farm stand charges so much and everything is by the pound,his apples,just one peach is 35 cents a pound,a tomato and his watermelon's their 65 cents a pound,this is one place i tell friends not to go.Getting ready to decorate the outside of my house for fall,my wreath is about done as are my other fall decor,now i'm stocking up on my fall baking items.Hope you all have a lovely day.:thanksgiving4::pumpkin:

rjsmum

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
North Carolina
I cannot wait to see the fall decorations! The mums are making their way out in the stores. Bring on the cooler weather! I just got my Spiced Pumpkin Creamer at the store last night for my coffee:)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I got 3 mums at walmart today they had pumpkins but ill wait at least another week its so hot out but can wait to get them

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland