really quiet on here.....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

hope everyone is ok. this board seems really quiet compaired to previous years at this time. but then again the uk boards are quite slow as well. x

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I think everyone is just busy....actually finishing up and getting ready for Christmas....I always think the week right before Christmas...crunch week is slow...

MERRY CHRISTMAS to YOU!!

:tree:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I've just been so busy and then so exhausted in the evening that it's hard to get here. I think it's the Christmas crunch!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We are trying to just enjoyi the evenings when not working on renovations. DH would like to reach a certain level of completion by this Friday, so that Christmas Eve to Boxing Day is spent doing nothing :gingerbread:

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I am also very busy with christmas preparations and very tired in the evening (have a look in Chit Chat forum, then you know why ;-)) so I didn't find a lot of time for Internet at all. Furthermore DD is sick most of the time - at the moment she catches everything around her: diarrhea, bronchitis (with 10 days of antibiotica) and a common cold. So last week I jumped between my sick daughter and my job (I could also work from home - but this sounds easier than it is ;-))

Weekends we are busy with celebrations - eg today we invited some of our friends with their children for a little advent/christmas afternoon. Furthermore our families with siblings, parents, grand-parents, etc...

Sorry, I know I haven't been here for a while - I am also sad about this. But at the moment it really goes round :)

Chilli

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
as longas everyones ok thats the main thing. as i put above both here and uk boards seem quieter than they did this time last year.

hope everyone is (nearly) ready for christmas. just got last of food to get (neighbour has a home delivery booked for wednesday which she has said i can add to) then its just fruit n veg etc on friday (not going anywhere near a shop on saturday - i get trooley rage at the best of times LOL!!!)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Yep, just busy. I haven't even been blogging.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Busy trying to get stuff done. Again have not done cards and still haven't done photo book. Got the overseas packages out Friday with a gasp of relief. Can't get excited about the cards and photo book though (partly because I already did the photo book but the website had issues and the book rearranged itself. Took the oomph out me to do it again.) Touching base on a couple other topics then off to wrap. There's a guy in my kitchen finishing up the new tile. That kinda has me thrown off too. Excited the tile is getting done. Not excited it is being done this week.

ScoutingSquirrel

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2011
Hope to get to know you all better next year then!
I too have been a little surprised at how quiet it has been here, and I couldn't even find anything on visiting magical elves on the UK site.

Never mind! You guys really inspired me and I've had a lot of fun, just as much as the boys if not more! with the elves and I'm sure the elves will be back next year.

I kept my journal of the elves' activities in a UK parenting forum, www.totz2teens.co.uk which I find invaluable all year around for support and advice and the sharing of good and bad times. Especially as I am a Brit living in Southern Sweden.

Best wishes to you all for a Merry Christmas, we leave for England tomorrow so I'm sending the elves packing after breakfast!

Helen

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
The facebook page Christmas Elves is busy. I do not have time for anything.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
My dd9 is always reading over my shoulder so I can't get on much or she sees everything. She is questioning things about the elves. I usually get on at work, but since school is out, I am home until after the new year. I really need to update my blog with this years antics. I haven't been into the elf mischeif like I have previous years. I think because she hasn't enjoyed it as much. Ds loves it though. Merry Christmas to everyone!