recycling an old country window

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
A friend of mine purchased a window at a craft fair. It was white-washed frame, had dried pink roses behind the glass. Then backing was those tin ceiling tiles painted white. Very beautiful but something easy to do. So keep your eyes open for those old windows.

It would really be nice if you dried your own flowers.

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
My work colleague bought an old leaded window from a car boot sale for £1, she stripped it down and had incorporated into the interior of her barn conversion, it looked lovely with the sunlight blazing through it. That made me realise how something now unused can look so lovely

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
On one of the decorating shows they used old windows and cup hooks and eyes and hung them to make a room divider. Very cool. It was effective to separate a large room, but see-through so it didn't close off the room.

I like the one in luludou's first link. Very elegant and Frenchy looking...I'm thinking something like that might work in my bathroom on the two blank walls over the tub...I might have to hit the flea markets and find some. Great! A new excuse to go junking!! Love it!!