Rudolph Day Book & Movie Picks 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
FrostyShimmer is going to organize this for 2008 but she is having computer problems....she hopes Santa is going to help her with this....but in the meantime I am putting up January's picks. January pick's are ones selected at OC for 2008. I'm not sure if Frosty will change any of the later ones but we wanted to get January up...in case you are out and about and see them.

JANUARY 2008
Book: Rover Saves Christmas by Roddy Doyle (ages 8-12 but enjoyable by all ages)
Movie: All I Want For Christmas (1991) starring Harley Jane Kozak and Jamey Sheridan

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
This is a new book to me, as well as a movie I've never seen. I'll start looking for them! Thanks for posting the information. I hope Santa came through for FrostyShimmer!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I just heard from Frosty....and Santa was VERY good....so you will hear more from her shortly about the rest of the selections for 2008.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Just found out about this movie that tells the story of Santa as a boy simply titled Christmas Story.

It was previewed here in US (here in Minneapolis- I couldn't go!) this past week. It is getting rave reviews and looks charming. My understanding is that it will be released in the states here in 2008.

Watch for it next year and then hopefully in DVD the in 2009!

Here is the link I found with a trailer etc...

http://www.snapperfilms.com/en/tuotannot/joulutarina/

Just thought I would share!

pixiestick

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Sounds good.....looking forward to its release....

I need to check the library and the video store for this months selections...

I think I'm gonna create a tiny notebook to carry with me....with all the months picks...then when I'm out and about I can check for them.....lol

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone. Yes! I have a shiny new laptop now which allows me to access this site! It's strange because both computers are running the same security programs and the same firewall. Oh well, it works, why question it!

What does everyone want to do about the book/movie picks for 2008? Would you all like to carry over the choices from OC or would you like to make new selections?

:heartsNY:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
How about using the old list and making changes if needed.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I'll be happy with whatever you choose to do. Last year, I started January's and that is as far as I got. :sad:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I know what you mean....I have never had good follow through on this either.

Maybe if you just pick one....either the book OR the movie....you might be able to accomplish it....thats what I'm thinking about doing.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks, that's a good idea ... I just checked Netflix for the movie ... didn't see it there. :frown: I'll check library next. :grin:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
:bigsnow:

Oh, my library has it! YEAH!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yay FrostyShimmer! Sounds like Santa deserves a big ol' kiss for the new laptop!
I think I got all the way to February last year. . . but it was still fun to read what others thought about books/movies!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The purpose of the book and movie list....you jest!!! LOL

1. Develop a nice list of resources for good books and movies
2. Enjoy books and movies monthly as part of Rudolph Day
3. A fun way to celebrate Rudolph Day
4. Share ideas and thoughts about books and movies for FUN

I'm sure there are more.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes can you please post what you had picked for Feb? I want to put them up on the home page...so people know ahead of time for February.