Santa's Cookie Plate?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Hi,

I checked all the boards & decided this *might* be the best place to post this question. How many cookie plates do you have? Do you have one for each child?

I have three children. Years ago I told my DD (who is now 10) that one day when she was all grown up she could have the plate we leave Santa's cookies on. She mentioned it this year (as a bit of a brag to her two younger brothers :sad: ). I have a second plate that came with a cook book and found a beautiful Pfaltzgraff plate yesterday ($16.00 plate clearanced to $3.99 at Belk :grin: !). I showed them all to my kids & DD IS the oldest, so she got first choice, DS#1 picked next & the little guy loved the leftover plate (Whew :bigsnow: !). I feel better now that they can all have their own special plate to take with them & (hopefully) use with their own families one day. DH gave me an amused eye roll. Was it an odd thing to do?

Bren :happynewyear:

scn

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Northeast PA
I had one but haven't used it . my husbands grandaughter came over and was telling us how the table was ready by the tree for santa cookies She just had a green plate so I gave her mine that says right on it santa cookies. It is in the shape of santas face

pjadams49417

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
My girls are grown, and we never did do the Santa thing with them. But I love having friends for coffee and putting cookies out on special plates. I've found several really cute Christmas-sy ones at garage sales or antique stores...never very expensive, because I know I'll break them. LOL!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I never even thought about having a plate for each child. We have a plate and a mug that says milk for Santa that I bought from Avon many years ago. For them each to have a plate is a nice idea.

Lisa
:heartsNY:

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Maybe I did deserve an eye roll from my hubby :rotflol: . I guess it won't be a problem storing three small plates and we will make sure Santa only gets one or two cookies on each :skate: .

Bren :heartsNY:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
We have a Santa's cookies plate, but just one for all three. We have a cup, but I found an antique milk bottle at a yard sale for a nickel (actually, I think it was my BFF's sale and she gave it to me for nothing!) and now we use that instead of the cup. I might look around for a couple of more plates, but honestly, my kids are all boys, and they really could care less about having their own plates! LOL! That may change when they have kids of their own, though, so it would be nice to be prepared for grandkiddies...we'll be so old that I might not remember where I put them when we finally do become grandparents!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Great idea to have a plate for all kids. Never thought about it. My kids already have decided what pieces of the christmas village that they will take with them. Including my boys.

My mom has the plate that we used to leave cookies for Santa on. She still uses it everyyear for the grandkids. One of my brothers asked on Christmas eve who she was going to pass it on too. She didn't think none of us would want it but guess what it started a fight between the 5 of us. We all want it. It was something that she had made one year. I guess I will have to be on the lookout now.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
We never had a special plate until this year - we just used one from the cupboard. This year I did buy a special one to use because it featured Santa drinking a bottle of Coke and that's what the girls always leave for him to drink.

The plate's just from the Dollar Tree, though, so I doubt there'll be any feud over it! :haha:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I hear that Santa realllllly likes cookies, so three plates are probably okay! Wouldn't it be neat to use the same cookie plate that your Mom or Dad used when they were little?

We don't use a special plate. Santa has even been known to eat his cookies right off a napkin!