Saturday August 1st 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It's gonna be a hot one here.
Got up at 6:30, took a walk and had breakfast outside on the patio.

My grandson should be here around 9:00, we will babysit for the weekend. DDIL is working 12:00 to 8:00 Saturday and Sunday and ds is going on a fishing trip with friends.

Hope you have a great day

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day Lucie and all who follow. Thank you for another beautiful pic.

It's 71 right now and not supposed to get out of the 70's with a little lower humidity. I might wash bedding later. First think I'll go outside while it's cooler first tho.

Lucie have fun with Xavier.
Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Mornin!

Been up since about 5:30. Cleaning on the kitchen table.

Last night I went to Dollar Tree and did get fall flowers for the cemetery. My grandparents and inlaws.
Allen got a new light for kitchen and items to help trail the grape vines up.

Home and watched a Christmas movie. So unproductive!

Cooler and raining now.

Allen will go to a memorial service for a guy who was murdered awhile back.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good morning!

It's in the mid 70s here, but a bit humid and cloudy. Looks like storms will move in this afternoon.

Not too much going on today. I set the alarm for 7, woke up M for soccer, then fell back asleep because J said he'd run her to practice. I got up when they left, ate breakfast and did my 2 mile walk. I met my 5 day exercise goal. Woo hoo! Then I wrote out the things that had to be in today's mail, threw in some laundry and straightened up the house. Now what?! Not too sure what I'll do today.

I tried out my new doughnut pan and the donuts were good. Not fabulous, but good. Maybe I'll try another flavor today.

I noticed that a lot of people are talking about decorating for fall this month. I was surprised. Is anyone else decorating for fall already?

Lucie...enjoy Xavier!
Hi Tricia!
Hi Lana! Glad you found your flowers.

Have a blessed day!

Reactions: PamelaG

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

Today will be adulting for me and trying to play catch up. I'm going to have to start leaving a note of things for the kids to do during the day while i'm at work since they will be home so i'm not coming home to a total disaster. Today will be grocery shopping and i'm taking DD to Old Navy to look for a few items. My mom said they are allowing you to try on clothes, at least in Missouri, so i'm hoping for the same here. DD is very different in size from brand to brand and store to store. I might look for a few things for myself as well for teaching.

I need to work on my meal plan and grocery list. I am going to stop at Sam's Club and see what I can get there and then go to the Commissary after. I plan on taking my lunch so need to think about that and what kinds of things I want to bring. We don't have a teachers lounge, but we do have access to a microwave. We also can't use the water fountains this year so I need to think about how I want to go about refilling my water bottle if/when I need to during the day. Maybe a gallon jug of water that I just leave there and bring home to refill as needed. Just lots of little details to think about.

Lucie- Enjoy time with Xavier!
Tricia- That sounds like perfect weather!
Lana- Watching a Christmas movie isn't unproductive, it's helping with your mental well-being.
Lisa- Great job on the exercise! I need to figure out something besides just walking every night. I don't usually decorate for fall, so not here.

Enjoy your day!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Hello. I took advantage of the opportunity to sleep in since dsil said he would be up early to clean the kitchen. When I staggered out he already had the stove top and microwave clean, and the fridge was empty, clean, and bottles of this & that washed off, returned to the fridge, and organized. He found colored Easter eggs and lots of "science experiments" - bowls of unidentifiable leftovers.

It turns out that dd #2 & family will be here tomorrow instead of today. That gives dsil more time to clean. I need to remove everything from the bathroom, because her 3-year-old gets into everything, and I don't want or need him in my shampoos, soaps, toothpaste, etc. This is a kid who knows how to get whatever he wants and has no concept of "No." I already feel a headache coming on.

I think after my shower and breakfast I'm going to hide somewhere with my new book and pkg of m&ms. Have a great day!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning, 61 right now with a high of 74 for today, I'll take it! Nice to have a little lie-in this morning. Heading out shortly to drop my phone to get the part replaced that they broke last week when the camera was removed, then to the gourmet cupcake bakery for a treat, and then off for a salon manicure, my first in ages. Just a nice buff on my nails, no polish, and I think I'm going to have to have them cut short because one is breaking quite far down. Oh well, never mind, they grow pretty quickly.

Ordered fall decor for my two-tier server. I wanted to post the patriotic look for summer, so you could imagine fall colors instead of red, white, and blue but every time I go to add a photo, it says the file is too large. How do you make a file smaller without cropping? @Minta, do you know?

Not much else on the agenda today, have a great day everyone!

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Good morning, 61 right now with a high of 74 for today, I'll take it! Nice to have a little lie-in this morning. Heading out shortly to drop my phone to get the part replaced that they broke last week when the camera was removed, then to the gourmet cupcake bakery for a treat, and then off for a salon manicure, my first in ages. Just a nice buff on my nails, no polish, and I think I'm going to have to have them cut short because one is breaking quite far down. Oh well, never mind, they grow pretty quickly.

Ordered fall decor for my two-tier server. I wanted to post the patriotic look for summer, so you could imagine fall colors instead of red, white, and blue but every time I go to add a photo, it says the file is too large. How do you make a file smaller without cropping? @Minta, do you know?

Not much else on the agenda today, have a great day everyone!
I just open it on my laptop and resize to the size for emails and messages, mine defaults to 2MP and that is okay to post on here.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Pamela I use irfanview... free download to resize pictures... I just opt for 'resize/resample' and half and then save that picture and it usually fits everywhere. It's not complicated or I wouldn't do it ;)

Xavier is asleep right now. He is starting to try to stand up on everything... lots of falls coming as he is not solid yet. he will leave when his dad comes back from his fishing trip tomorrow afternoon.

DH was on the roof this morning and is now mowing the lawn. I am crocheting.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hello, everyone.

I'm in a great mood because this is the first Saturday I've had in ages that I didn't have to be somewhere besides home. I got up at 5:30 and did some cleaning in the kitchen...rearranging and fed the sour dough starter. I won't be making bread today, though. Will have to throw out the one cup instead of using it. DH got up about 7:00 and I let Esmeralda loose in the house. We ate breakfast and talked about the fact that we're ready for fall! I've been looking for ways to decorate the front porch for fall. I stained some boards I want to do some projects with. I stripped our bed to wash everything. Just need to put it all back on. Kitchen towels are in the dryer. DH went to Ruston to DD24's house to do some repairs in her kitchen, so I'm here alone right now.

DDIL text to ask if I could go to Winnsboro and pick up her mom's medicine from the pharmacy, so I took a bathe, got dressed and did that. Just sat down to eat some lunch. DDs are both supposed to be coming to look at the rummage stuff I've put aside. DD24 still has things she needs to take to her house. I'm going to send what will fit in her car if she comes. Otherwise, DH and I are going over after church tomorrow to take stuff.

It's cloudy here today. The high is supposed to be around 90 with lower humidity. The cloudiness makes me long even more for fall!

Lisa, I would start decorating now for fall if I had my way, but DH prefers I wait until the beginning of October. lol I need to see what I have and make a trip to Hobby Lobby if I need anything else. When DH and I were talking this morning, I told him that since school has been out since March, it makes it feel much later in the year than what it is. Maybe that's what is making everyone eager to decorate this year...or maybe it's the wish that with the change of seasons there will also be a change in the overall dynamics of life.
Lana, our DT is awful! There's one about 35 miles from us that I go to sometimes because the selection is so much better. I was thinking recently that I need to get flowers for the cemetery, too.
Pamela, congratulations to Sophia! I have wondered the same thing about some brick houses with varied bricks. Sometimes, it's as if they got stuck on one color and there's a big blob of all alike. I would definitely get them to lick their calf over if I were you.
GrammaDeb, I suspect 3yo would get a spat or two on the bottom if I had to deal with him!
Jess, I hope you can try on at Old Navy today. DH looked at some things Thursday, but couldn't try them on. He never returns things if they don't fit. I end up dealing with it. I'm so glad you're liking the teaching.
Tricia, 70s are fabulous. Did y'all get the "cold" front that was supposed to come through? I'm hoping for an early fall!
Lucie, enjoy the weekend with Xavier. I loved the picture this morning. It makes me think of "amber waves of grain".

Hope you all enjoy your afternoon!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I just open it on my laptop and resize to the size for emails and messages, mine defaults to 2MP and that is okay to post on here.
Where's the "I'm clueless" emoji? If I open up the photo, I don't see a resize option. I did, however, remember that I have Photoshop Elements so let's see what I can do with that.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Yay, I did it!! Everything that is red, white and blue imagine in shades of orange and rust colors for fall. Patriotic Santa will be replaced with a scarecrow and the book stack will say Autumn Leaves and Pumpkins please and the Rae Dunn mug will say Pumpkin Spice.

My Lacy Belles Patriotic Resized.jpg

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! Sunny and the mid-80's today although a few drops of rain fell earlier. We are scheduled to be hit by Hurricane I sometime next week but will prep for that when it gets closer.

Yesterday I found some cardboard boxes of various sizes and covered them with wrapping paper and got them in my Airstream "closet" as shelves. They are not great looking but if they work on this trip then I will try to make a better set to use permanently.

Paid bills, made eggplant parm for dinner and am looking for two pictures that I finally bought frames for. Isn't that the life;). Also ordered some collapsible nylon packing cubes that were on sale to use as gifts.

Went to the commissary just now. Good selection of meat and chicken, no paper towels, no flour or sugar and barely any eggs. Very few potato chips! I did manage to get some things on my list. Just can't get used to finding partially empty shelves.

Deb - hope the 3 yr old is not the holy terror you expect him to be. Perhaps he has learned manners
Jess - glad to hear that your school has prepared so well
Pamela - lovely creative display
Lucie - glad that you are getting to see lots of Xavier
Lisa - I usually decorate around Labor Day.
Jane - sounds like you have a free Saturday with much to do.
Lana - $Tree really has some super stuff - and seems to have more crafty things lately
Tricia - enjoy the pleasant change in the weather

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Taking a break! My back is beginning to "talk" to me and saying some not so nice things! lol

I have brought over another car load of boxes and unloaded them from my car. I'm about to be finished getting them all! I think one more trip, and I will be finished. The only remaining furniture is two end tables and two bookshelves. There are four of them that I bought for $10 each at a thrift store years ago. I stacked them two together and fastened them with brackets on the back. I may leave this set stacked. I unstacked the others and put them in the living room. Now, I feel like the real unpacking can begin and be finished. I'm ready to have it all finished and just live! Once we get finished helping DD24 with her painting and minor repairs, I can spend my free time unpacking and decorating here. Yay! Sometimes, I wish it were winter and we had an ice storm to shut everything down so I could just stay at home for about a week with no where to go and nothing to do!

Pamela, I love the tiered decorations. Cannot wait for fall!
Debbie, I've been thinking about you when I watch information about the hurricane. I've been thinking about covering boxes for storage, too. They're really expensive to buy relative to what they are. What are you using to attach the paper? Yes...that is exactly how it is! Wait forever to get just the right "something" to finish a project, then can't find what you've been hanging onto until you found the right "something!" So frustrating!!!!

Take care, everyone.

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Where's the "I'm clueless" emoji? If I open up the photo, I don't see a resize option. I did, however, remember that I have Photoshop Elements so let's see what I can do with that.
I just email myself the photo i want to post and then save it to my desktop.

Reactions: PamelaG

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon!

DD and I went to Old Navy and were able to try things on. There an annoying lady and her daughter, I think, that kept getting in our bubble and not social distancing. Everytime they came close we moved away. I found two cute dresses and DD got 3 pairs of jeggings and a hoodie. I tried on a pair of pixie pants that fit in the waist and were just a bit baggie everywhere else but would have worked for school but when we got to the register they were not on sale and were priced at $39.99 so I told them no thanks. I didn't want to spend that much. I have several pairs of pants, just not in gray. I'll find some eventually. The dresses were $19.99. After that we were going to go to Sam's Club but there was a line to get into the parking garage so I could only imagine how the store would have been. We went to Starbucks instead and then just headed to Hickam to the Commissary. I couldn't find worcestershire sauce or sesame oil but got pretty much everything else on my list. I noticed that the Pinesol had leaked somehow after the bagger had bagged it. I turned and got a big whiff of it and saw that the bag was wet. I alerted him and he took it out and rebagged the rest of the items. Unfortunately, there were two things of taco seasoning in there that I don't think we'll be able to use and I didn't think to ask about replacing them. We did replace the Pinesol. Silly me.

We came home and unloaded and now i'm relaxing. I may take a nap. I'll try to go to Sam's on my way home one day this week.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
What a day! Dropped off my phone, stopped at the gourmet bakery (s'mores cupcake - it was delicious), went for my manicure (couldn't believe my manicurist still remembered me, it's been 3 1/2 years - she made a move to hug me but then remembered COVID-19). Her English still isn't the greatest (she's Vietnamese) and with masks it's really difficult to understand but we make it work. She's the sweetest girl and goes a great job. Drove through town (this is the little Norwegian town we lived in when we were here before), beautiful day but not many people around which is a good thing. Bad for the downtown economy but good for COVID-19. Drove through our old neighborhood and then stopped at the gourmet market. Oh, the fruits and vegetables but oh, the prices! Just grabbed a few things, headed back to pick up my phone, then to Verizon to get a case, and then bad, bad, bad, through Starbucks because S'Mores Frappuccinos are back. So yummy. Will have to ration those - one a month maybe until it's Pumpkin Spice season.

Got home to find a 5000 BTU air conditioner on my doorstep. Called WalMart.com since that's who was listed as the shipper, no record of that order number with my name and address (the label was addressed to me). While I was on the phone with WalMart customer service, Fed Ex showed up with a box for me but when they tried to scan it, it said already delivered. We looked at the two boxes - both had exactly the same label, same shipper, same tracking, same order number. More mystery. I told them to take the air conditioner and return to sender. Went to my Incoming Orders inbox, found that my package (through Amazon) was from a secondary source, must have been WalMart, so I shot off an e-mail to tell them the story and they replied thank you very much for letting them know, they would track down who ordered the air conditioner and get it to them.

Sophia called, Vic called, it's now 7:00pm and time to bake the gourmet market's flatbread and relax for the evening. Nighty-night everyone.