Saturday, July 25, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Good morning, MHH friends!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Okay...so I totally just put the wrong date on the heading! :oops:

We're about to head out to Dnience's house. Her dad, brother and step-mom are supposed to be there after lunch to help us. A neighbor is supposed to be there this morning to help. We thought all of them would be there this morning, but we'll do what we can.

Jess, sorry about the neck whip. Glad it didn't cause him to lose control of the motorcycle.
Pam, way to go!
Katrina, my neck and shoulders were so tired from painting. Hope it doesn't do the same to you!

Have a great day, everyone!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
HAPPY RUDY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mornin! I slept in till 7:50! Could of had some stuff done-oh well.

Ryan got up and was to meet a friend and go fishing at 4:30.

Suppose to be down right HOT high 90s.

I have to shower and then CLEAN everywhere!!!!!

With Ryan cleaning in yard last night he moved some wood and a snake came out. Saw it twice and I was trying to video it to send to Jaymee and Teigan. We probably took his home away. It was a garter snake so they are the helpful ones,

When eating supper last night Pretty Woman was on. I always liked that movie.

I better move along.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day Jane, Lana and all who follow. My legs are bothering me today. Haven't been up long and still tired so don't have much planned.

Happy CIJ day everyone.

Jane hope y'all get all the help you need with the house.
Lana a snake yuck I am afraid of all kinds of them.

Think I'll get off here and go outside a few mins before it gets too warm.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Hello everyone!

I slept like a rock last night. Went to John's for an Arby's Reuben sandwich and two episodes of Fringe last night. I was so tired that when I came home, I sat in my chair and it wasn't too long before I was sound asleep! Woke up about 11:30 and stayed up for about an hour or so. Then took my meds and slept thru the rest of the night till 8:30 this morning! It was wonderful.

Today is cleaning to prepare for carpet cleaning tomorrow. I am excited to see Stephen and Melanie. And hopefully Lindsay will send Brysen with them. I will do it in spurts with plenty of resting in between. If I get REAL energetic, I might make some muffins. Of course, my first thought was pumpkin chocolate chip, but I also have blueberry muffin mix. My mouth is watering already!

I had better get up and dressed. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay hydrated. Be sure you keep your animals

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Morning! Have not read the last few days yet. out of time!
Was fun 3 days with family and on the way back home stopped by my cousin's house, my ex-cw Sylvie's house and dh's cousin's house. got home Thursday at 10:30 pm. Mom is forgetting more and more though :(

Yesterday we ran errands (costco's, then buy a blind for bathroom, cable company to return mil's modem, winners), dropped off some costco errands at ds' house and he came here with xavier (ddil was in town). Xavier slept over. Ds, ddil & dd should all be arriving around 11:30. they want to go for a picnic and all will stay over for supper and probably the night too.

Feeling so-so this morning, stomach and back are hurting and taking tylenol for headache a few times. ah well...

Not going to be doing anything Rudy today but maybe when everyone leaves tomorrow or Monday.
DH is mowing at mil's this morning.

Gonna a HOT AND HUMID one.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Pam & Lucie enjoy your time with your family when they arrive. I pray you both have lots of energy.

Forgot to add our DD &DS stop by last night for a few mins. They were enjoying some sibling time. DD brought us a couple of Hallmark ornaments she'd got for us.

Hi Minta.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning and Happy July Rudolph Day!

NIce lie-in this morning and now it's time to get ready for business. Off to Verizon to see if I can get my phone fixed or find a new one, then Bed, Bath & Beyond for a few things, Old Navy and Ulta for gift cards to put in Sophia's Congratulations on your New Job card (actually, it says Who's Going to have So Much Fun at Preschool?), then I think a salad at Chipotle to bring home to enjoy with a Hallmark movie and my chocolate cupcake. I have my box of Christmas magazines handy, my planner, and the updated inventory to read over and I need to review minted.com to see what Christmas card designs are up - it's going to be a great day!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I was down with another migraine last night and it was a doozy. I think it was a combination of being in the sun all day, not enough water, and the whipping of my neck from hitting that bump. My meds took forever to kick in and it wasn't until DH came to bed and rubbed my head and neck a bit that I was finally able to get sleep and get some relief. I feel good this morning (knock on wood) and i'm hoping i'm past it. I'll be prepping for Hurricane Douglas today. DH and DD went to the store last night and got gas in my car. I'll bring in the porch cushions, take down the windchimes and anything else outside and store it. Tonight or in the morning i'll back my car up all the way to the back gate to get it as far away from the alley as possible. I know that not all of our neighbors are going to put their outside stuff away and when things start flying around, I want my car as protected as possible. We'll tie our trashcan/recycle can to the fence as well. Looks like it's going to be a direct impact on our island now as a category 1, whereas before it was going to hit the Big Island first. Now it's missing them altogether and going around and coming to Maui and us. We're in a crater so will be fine.

I'll be watching Hallmark all day and doing some reading. I'm drinking Cinnamon Snowflake coffee this morning. I need to do some laundry and keep things on the charger in case we lose power tomorrow.

Jane- Don't hurt yourself trying to unload big stuff.
Lana- Sometimes it's just nice to sleep in a little.
Tricia- Hope your legs feel better.
Pam- You found a lot of stuff yesterday at the sales. Glad the kids will come up tomorrow.
Lucie- I was going to ask how you've been feeling. You've been very busy!
Pamela- Good luck with the phone and the errands!

Enjoy your day!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Okay, getting a few things done but seems I am dropping stuff. Water from pans I dropped. Made tea and knocked pitcher off so came to get towels to clean that up!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything to get farther behind!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! It is sunny again - hot and getting hotter.

Had my first trip to Michaels in months! I saw a Happy Planner that actually seemed to have been created for photos to be added. But I didn't have the right coupon. Hope I can find it and go back and pick it up.

Also finally spoke to the man about my Dad's desk. He will start the work as soon as DH and I can deliver it to him. He's not too far away and we have a truck. Finally, one thing is getting done!

Last night did some "creating" of titles for my scrapbooking. I have some fine photos of the corona virus.

Since today is my day of doing just what I want I've been reading the paper, had lunch and am working on recovering some boxes that I will use for memorabilia. Maybe dinner out.

DS may drop by tomorrow:)

Pam - glad you're enjoying Fringe
Jess - hope the hurricane doesn't cause too much harm
Pamela - nice day or running errand
Lucie - sounds like a nice mini-vacation
Lana - if you've got the dropsies maybe it's better to sit and relax for a while
Tricia - feel better

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Mess cleaned up.

Just wanted to remind those that are in the CIJ swap please don't share pictures or comments until we know all are received and opened please. Thank you!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Afternoon all,
Only a minute to stop in. They said on the radio it was six months until Christmas! I thought.....umm...no.....it's five months! Anyone on this forum would know that!
Have a great day all - enjoy your weekend!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Happy Rudy Day!
Another hot one here. Was supposed to be nice day. It’s not raining so I guess thats nice.

Working on gifts today, listening to my new (new to me) cd’s, and drinking my left over Christmas coffees. My week didn’t go as planned so some gifts are half done but atleast they are started. Tonight will be ordering gifts and Christmas cards online. No amazing deals out there but we will have gifts Christmas morning.

Have a blessed and safe day everyone.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon lovely ladies!

Happy Rudy Day! It's hot and sunny here today. I was up early to take M to soccer and then headed out grocery shopping with J. We got all of our shopping done in an hour and a half and I didn't forget anything. lol I still had zero luck finding Clorox wipes and Lysol laundry sanitizer. Our Walmart hasn't had the laundry sanitizer for 8 weeks now. The local grocery chains don't sell it, so Walmart is my only hope.

Once groceries were away, I did some dishes, watched an episode of Outer Banks, then watched some Christmas in July on QVC and a bit of a Hallmark movie. Then I puttered around with some garden stuff.

Not much planned for today....we're going to make mountain pies (hobo pies) over the fire this evening and probably hang out for a bit playing yard games with the kids.

Sending much love and blessings to you all....
~peace~

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Happy Rudy Day!

I read that Taco Bell is going to discontinue their 7-layer burritos (my favorite) in August, so I stopped to buy some for lunch on my way home from dropping off dgd at gymnastics. I told dh he can have lunch after he gets a shower. I guess it's the right motivation - he got right in the shower.

Ds has been sending me pictures non-stop of his baby. He's a proud papa. Funny, he was a grandpa before having this baby. It happens.

Have a great day!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Hi again!

I had to run DH his computer and accompanying cords because there was no laptop in the classroom that he is teaching in. I came home and watched the last half of an older Christmas movie that was even too cheesy for me. A better one is on now. ;) I need to warm up my Cinnamon Snowflake coffee because I didn't drink it fast enough. I just had to throw out a centipede in the dining/living area, Perry alerted me to its presence by messing with it. Nasty things. I think the poison was doing its job from the last time we had Ecolab out to spray because it wasn't actively crawling around and it didn't put up too much of a fight when I put it on my flyswatter to go throw it in the alley.

I decided to check out my Christmas boards on Pinterest since I haven't looked at them in a very long time. I saw some ideas that I want to remember so might get out my notepad and make a list. I might get out some of my Gooseberry Patch books and look through those later too.

Lana- Oh no! I hope the rest of the day goes smoothly! No more dropped stuff!
Debbie- That sounds like a cool HP! Glad you can get the desk repaired, I love old desks.
FS- Haha, definitely 5 months!
Amelia- What gifts are you working on? Do share!
Lisa- Sounds like a great evening!
Deb- Food is usually a great motivator for men. lol

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Aloha!

I was down with another migraine last night and it was a doozy. I think it was a combination of being in the sun all day, not enough water, and the whipping of my neck from hitting that bump. My meds took forever to kick in and it wasn't until DH came to bed and rubbed my head and neck a bit that I was finally able to get sleep and get some relief. I feel good this morning (knock on wood) and i'm hoping i'm past it. I'll be prepping for Hurricane Douglas today. DH and DD went to the store last night and got gas in my car. I'll bring in the porch cushions, take down the windchimes and anything else outside and store it. Tonight or in the morning i'll back my car up all the way to the back gate to get it as far away from the alley as possible. I know that not all of our neighbors are going to put their outside stuff away and when things start flying around, I want my car as protected as possible. We'll tie our trashcan/recycle can to the fence as well. Looks like it's going to be a direct impact on our island now as a category 1, whereas before it was going to hit the Big Island first. Now it's missing them altogether and going around and coming to Maui and us. We're in a crater so will be fine.

I'll be watching Hallmark all day and doing some reading. I'm drinking Cinnamon Snowflake coffee this morning. I need to do some laundry and keep things on the charger in case we lose power tomorrow.

Jane- Don't hurt yourself trying to unload big stuff.
Lana- Sometimes it's just nice to sleep in a little.
Tricia- Hope your legs feel better.
Pam- You found a lot of stuff yesterday at the sales. Glad the kids will come up tomorrow.
Lucie- I was going to ask how you've been feeling. You've been very busy!
Pamela- Good luck with the phone and the errands!

Enjoy your day!
Reminds me of typhoon prep on Saipan. First thing was always to fill up the 55 gallon plastic trash can we stored in the shower. I can live without electricity but I CANNOT live without flushing the toilet. :eek:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, everyone.

We finished loading the moving truck around noon. DN was waiting on one piece that her dad was bringing, but we didn't need to be there to help load it, so DH and I came back to the hotel and have been resting. I slept while he was watching television. Now, he's sleeping with the television still on.

I plan to do some looking around on Pinterest today since I have nothing to do...no house to clean, dishes to wash, or clothes to wash, dry, fold, and put away. Maybe I need to spend every Rudy Day at a hotel. ;)