Saturday, July 25, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have Lisa's Zucchini Snicker Doodle Bread in the oven. Smelled good when mixing it.

Teigan wants to stay over tonight. Gpa Kees had her this a.m. when he brought our Kubota back from working on it. She showed him how she could drive it. Then Allen worked on Jaymee's swim pool pump and took it there and she asked him if she could come and then she wanted pizza for supper.

I have the dishes all put away.

Lisa, around here Jaymee has been scoring the Lysol laundry sanitizer at Dollar General at different times.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
I wanted to make the bread and my zucchini was bad so I had to throw it out. I forgot to have DH get another one last night when he went to the store. DD and I got everything put away on the front porch except the iron furniture. If DH thinks it needs to be put away he can put it into the utility closet out there, i'm not straining my neck to do it and risking a migraine. I had DD poop scoop and will have her keep on top of it before the rain starts. There are still a few things in the backyard that need put away but just small things like the sprinkler and charcoal. When DH gets home he'll need to get out the 5 gallon military jug so we can fill it up.

I felt a raindrop earlier but nothing has started yet. The wind is picking up some and the 11 a.m. update says it is still set to hit us directly as a hurricane before downgrading to a tropical storm. Things are closing left and right.

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Afternoon/Evening all MHHers

Nothing on the schedule for day. Neighbors were married this morning so now they have friends and family in their backyard. Only one kid who needs a sock in their mouth. Very squealy kid. Must be related to the bride. lol Will be interesting to see how long the party lasts. There is a storm coming in a few hours which might drive them inside. Funny how with Covid here we are not use to people outside. The house here is well insulated so they are not bothering us at all..

DD is watching TV on her Kindle while working on her needlepoint plastic canvas. Dh just got up from an extra long nap. I've been working with genealogy on Ancestry. Working on LC3's family. Funny how all of a sudden someone name starts popping up who hasn't been in the searches before today. I'm trying to trace some relatives that showed up with her DNA test. If you did not live around family trying to figure out all the cousins gets confusing when there are big families.

LC1 is throwing herself a Surprise Birthday party. We were talking one day about how women always get left out. She said she wished someone would throw her a party. I said she was the someone. So she has done it and friends are telling her she will not have to do anything. Well, she is cleaning her house and yard since it'll be at her house. Her gardens are looking really nice.

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I've been working with genealogy on Ancestry.
I've been thinking about checking out Ancestry. Does it trace family all over the world? My Mum's family is all in England and I need to look up births, marriages, and deaths. I have some information but not much.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning,
Happy Rudy Day
Sunday here and I have to finish off my chores for the week. I feel a bit behind and now it means I need to play catch up if I don't want to carry over the chores to the new week.
Just need to fold some clothes and mop the floors. DSIL is meant to be coming over to talk about some stuff to do with DH father and I need to make lunches for work tomorrow and Tuesday. Would love to continue some knitting this afternoon and that is it. Sad how quickly the weekends go past.
Hoping for a quieter week at work, I will need to chat to panicking physio and tell her to take her concerns to the boss, not lay them all on me. I cannot make decisions and I find her constant complaints about covid and work too much. Will see if tha makes life a little easier.

Hoping that you are all having a wonderful day
XOXO

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been thinking about checking out Ancestry. Does it trace family all over the world? My Mum's family is all in England and I need to look up births, marriages, and deaths. I have some information but not much.
Yes it does. You can check it out. Also familysearch Has good info.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I didn't try the bread but Allen and Ryan really really liked it. They thought maybe the top didn't need so much on it with the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Maybe I should of put more in the middle. It smelled so so so GOOD! I had a serving of pasta for supper (1 cup cheese tortellini with sauce and alittle more cheese on top) and a english muffin garlic bread with a tomato on it and then cauliflower and broccoli. Thought I would pass on the bread.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Very productive day here. Ordered gifts, Christmas cards and stamps, and some craft supplies. Feeling a little more confident about Christmas now.

My husband picked Mrs Miracle to watch tonight. I pretty sure he’s done with Christmas in July now. Don’t think I’ll be able to stretch it till the end of the month.

Reminds me of typhoon prep on Saipan. First thing was always to fill up the 55 gallon plastic trash can we stored in the shower. I can live without electricity but I CANNOT live without flushing the toilet. :eek:
Lol! We did that (well I did that, husband was on a bomber crew and was gone) in Guam. Water, gas and tie everything down. I’m feeling like my typhoon closet was prepping me for my COVID closet lol.

Jess, Mostly I’ve been picking away at these Christmas quilts. They are all pieced just need sandwiched and quilted. I did get the sewing room cleaned up. I’m very messy.

Have a wonderful, restful, peaceful nights sleep everyone.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DSIL has been and gone, I am working on some felt work. Really should be sewing the baby cardigan together so I can finish the band. Don't really feel like it today.
It us rainy and cold here, the pefect day for snuggling under a blanket and just watching T.V. DH has bbq beef in the multi cooker and it is smelling great. We will have that with mashed potato and some corn on the cob.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
I guess Douglas had downgraded to a Category 1 and is now back up to a Category 2. DD and I went on a walk and saw lots of people with trampolines still in their backyards and all sorts of stuff still on their porches and in their yards. We put the recycling bin away of a house across the alley and down one from us that is empty. They moved out over a week ago and left the bin out to be picked up and maintenance never put it back even though they've been working over there a few times since it's been empty. :rolleyes:

We got sprinkled on a bit on our walk but nothing major. DH is hoping they will cancel class tomorrow but no word yet. He'll drive the truck instead of ride the bike because it should start while he's there. I just hope he can get home okay if it really starts raining and the end of our road floods.

Goodnight friends.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Another weekend over. The DW is running and I have made work lunches. Had a lovely warm bath and I am ready for bed.
I hope that you are all sleeping soundly,
Night.