Saturday~What's Cooking?~December 5th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good morning!

What's cooking at your house?

It's cold and snowy here today. The guys will be in the woods all day, so I'm going to put some Beef Tips and Gravy in the crockpot with some peppers, mushrooms and onions. I'll serve it over noodles with carrots on the side.

Have a great day!

Lisa

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
That sounds perfect for a cold, snowy day, teachermomof2! I will copy your inspiration! I will put the cut-up turkey in the turkey gravy (both vegetarian). Over noodles! With lots of comforting vegetables on the side! Doesn't your body tell you that you need cooked vegetables at this time of year?

For dessert, we found that the "Greek style" youghurt is really high in protein. It is pretty tart, so it goes great with canned fruit (throw in cut-up fresh fruit too!)

Thank Goodness that teachermomof2 started us planning! I HAVE all these things - but who knows if I would have put them together for to nights' dinner.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks Sparklenena! Your turkey dish sounds great!

I need to get a dessert together, but am not sure of what! I'll have to check the cabinets.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm getting ready to throw together a vegetable soup. What we don't eat i'll freeze for another meal.