Scapbook Calendars?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
I have noticed a lot of you mentioned that you were working on Calendars that you were going to give as gifts; I think it was Wadeallie said she had taken a pre-made one and was scaping over it. If anyone can elaborate on how or has pictures posted I would love to know more. Sounds like a wonderful gift, but not sure I'm headed in the right direction. Or if you have a link to a good site please share.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm doing one this year but it is not scrapbooking. I'm doing it with a 'word' calendar on the computer. Just copy & paste pictures where you want and you can add special dates or occasions too.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Hi Belles:
I buy preprinted calendar books from Walmart. They run between $3-$5 the ones I get and they are about 6 inches x 8.5 inches. They are sometimes called DATED PLANNERS and have spaces on some of the pages for writing daily messages and there are pages of a full month on one page. Most of these also have an address section in the back.

First, I cover the outside of the books with a scrapbook paper. I try to match the paper with the interests of the person I am making the book for.
Second, I have a computer program for photo 'play' and I print pictures of family out at a setting for CONTACT SHEET size. They print out very small. I trim these photos and glue them on to the dates of their birthdays, etc. and add a written reminder: "Today is Matt's 28th birthday!" I also mark other dates for the gift recipient to remember. The first year I made one for my dad, was the year DD graduated from high school. On the date for graduation, I placed a picture of her first day in kindergarten.
Also, I make sure to leave space on the day block for the gift recipient to write things of their own, because my dad is diabetic and writes his glucose levels each day.
I also include a nice pen with this calendar book so they always have their book and pen handy.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Belles,

I use Word to create blank monthly calendar pages and then trim seasonal scrapbook pages for each month (the facing page). I glue on pictures or drawings that my son made and then photocopy the whole thing in color and bind it. It looks like a real scrapbook page, but it's not nearly as time consuming. I don't frame the pics or embellish the pages in any other way, but it still looks really nice.

HTH!
Colleen

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Here's a link to the calendar I made last year....
http://catholicmomof2.blogspot.com/2008/12/2009-scrapbook-calendar.html

I bought the kit for that one at Michael's with a 40% off coupon, so it was around 8 dollars. I really loved it because it had monthly layouts to follow, which is helpful for a busy scrapper.

This year I bought kits from Books are Fun. They were 10 dollars each, I think. I have to start them soon. It includes a calendar, embellishments and stickers.

Lisa

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks Lucie and Belles!

I did get your comment on my blog, Belles. Thanks! :0)