Sept. 6th: Calendar and Creativity Week 2009

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I looked over at organizedchristmas and this week is Calendar and Creativity Week for those following the Houseworks Holiday Plan...so post your progress here and let's inspire each other!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi Gingerbug! This is SUCH an important week! Keeping an eye on the calendars in our Christmas notebook -- that keeps our focus on the things we have decided are MOST important to us!!! And having a "place" to work is so helpful too!

I'll be back to talk about progress for the week!

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Morning! Whew, the creativity part has me running around this week. I'm trying to set up my scrapbooking area in our new house. That means unpacking boxes of supplies, and trying to arrange them in the most efficient way. I've got two small scrapbooks on my list of Christmas gifts this year ( to give to step mom and mother in law), so I've got to get that area ready.

Thankfully, I'm already using a calendar system that works for us. So, no taking time to redo what already works.

Oh - and I made reservations for the Christmas candlelight processional at Epcot for Dec. 5th. We're so excited to be close enough to Disney to take part in holiday activities without having to go on "vacation".

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
It has been a busy week for me with the HHP. The renovations are almost done and this weekend we finished our rec room downstairs. Part of that room is a work space for me. It has a desk/table that is 5 1/2 feet long. Lots of space for me to scrapbook, wrap presents and work in my notebooks. DH built a set of shelves that are awesome. I have all of my supplies all in one place. I also have the coolest bulletin board. I am so happy with this. It is the best part of the house!! I wish I knew how to post pictures on here, so I could show you.

As far as the "Calendar" part of the week, I am doing well. We are scheduling a furnace cleaning this month and I need to decide when to take the kids in for their yearly pictures.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Melanie

VeronicaM

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
Hi everyone! I'm jumping in here :) This will be my first year doing the plan, I tried to do it last year but got sidetracked (as usual) so I'm here, I'm already a week behind but I'm going to get that week caught up and I'm working on this week now...
My craft area is a nightmare, so I've got a bunch to get accomplished--our christmas this year is going to be a little different because we're out of town the first 12 days of December so I'm going to have to be super organized and efficient to pull this holiday off--so I came here hoping to get some support and help along the way!

VeronicaM

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
Morning! Whew, the creativity part has me running around this week. I'm trying to set up my scrapbooking area in our new house. That means unpacking boxes of supplies, and trying to arrange them in the most efficient way. I've got two small scrapbooks on my list of Christmas gifts this year ( to give to step mom and mother in law), so I've got to get that area ready.

Thankfully, I'm already using a calendar system that works for us. So, no taking time to redo what already works.

Oh - and I made reservations for the Christmas candlelight processional at Epcot for Dec. 5th. We're so excited to be close enough to Disney to take part in holiday activities without having to go on "vacation".

OMgosh we're going to be at Disney the same time! We're leaving on Dec 1st :) but you are soooo lucky to live so close to the World!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Nursemomtothree and VeronicaM --- how magical to be at Disney during the Christmas season. Nursemomtothree --- this is definitely the place for support and encouragement to keep up with the plan! I am very happy about having a little corner set up as my "creativity center". Very good idea -- but one I would not have thought about without the HHP.

Swan

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2009
North Lincs, UK
I am glad the boards are back - it helps keep me accountable.

My activities for this week

() Continue going through catalogues for present ideas - STARTED
() Create a seasonal calendar - work out what days to book as holiday from work, visits to relatives, seasonal events etc
() Budget (left over from last week) - agree what DB, DSIS and Dparents are contributing - STARTED
() Check what is in gift basket and update gift list
() Made Steeped Alcoholic Fruits

Work has been a little heavy this week so progress is not very good, maybe better over the weekend.

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
Nursemomto3, the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT sounds amazing! We live in Bradenton, just south of Tampa, so this is something we could conceivably attend as well. For the last few years, I have been trying to move the emphasis at Christmas away from BUYing and towards DOing - this might be right up our alley. Going to go check their website right now - thanks for the inspiration!