September 18th-24th 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
September continues with typical Spring weather, windy and rainy here this week. The say we are entering the 3rd year of La Nina so another wet Summer ahead. I am not too fussed as I don't like hot weather. Will continue HGP this week and am doing well so far, sticking to the plan!

Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time.

Weekly:
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal plan dinners plus work lunches ( ) Look at pantry freezers for inspiration/ideas.
*clean fridge (X)
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*tidy stockpile ( )
*general tidy up ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)
*make work lunches for Friday ( )

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10, I have read 22
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet ( )
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies ( ) A year round project..I have a lot to buy this year so will need to be savvy.

This week:

*Exercise at least 3 days (X)( )( )
*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Clean oven (X)
*Put valance on bed (X)
*Queen's funeral Monday (X)
*Continue HGP loungeroom(X)
*House inspection Tuesday (X)
*Work extra for boss (X)
*Netball Wednesday ( )
*Shopping trip with Mum Thursday (X) Depends on public holiday.
*Public holiday to honour the Queen Thursday (X)
*Check with family re get together ( ) started, need to confirm a date
*Day trip to farm Saturday ( )not this week

5 small chores:
Working on HGP this week. Loungeroom....aim to declutter 5 items (X)

Project for Winter......Tidy Family History information and complete 1 jigsaw puzzle
Word of the Year: Prepare

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm quite behind in everything on the home front. All my time for the last five days has gone to the music festival. This week looks to be calmer.

• Pay bills:
  • Correspondence:
  • Appts: Monday: 1 pm, Afterschool Pick Up; Tues. - School; Afterschool Pick Up; Wed. 8 am Meeting- Afterschool Pick Up; Thursday 8:15 am Meeting ; Afternoon Meetings;
  • Weekly Cleaning: Vacuum, Dust, Mop, Empty trash cans, Bathrooms
  • Monthly Cleaning: Master Bedroom
    • Dust.
    • Vacuum.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Declutter room.
    • Shred papers.
  • Yard work: Weeds
  • Write up festival report
  • Laundry
  • MMH Recipes
  • Menu Plan
  • HHP

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm quite behind in everything on the home front. All my time for the last five days has gone to the music festival. This week looks to be calmer.
I find that it does not take too much for me to fall behind. A simple change to my routine and I am playing catch up for a while.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I find that it does not take too much for me to fall behind. A simple change to my routine and I am playing catch up for a while.
While I love doing things like that, the catch up part is rough. I'm finding that I love September through December for holiday prep work. I do not like over scheduling myself during those 4 months. I am sooooo glad I took those classes in the spring and summer when things are calmer for me.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
While I love doing things like that, the catch up part is rough. I'm finding that I love September through December for holiday prep work. I do not like over scheduling myself during those 4 months. I am sooooo glad I took those classes in the spring and summer when things are calmer for me.
Totally agree. I have been looking at the work schedule for the next few months as people take holidays. One week the bosses want me to work 4 days. I am glad that I am looking now and will schedule events around work days. If I don't look at it I will become so overwhelmed and will not enjoy the best part of the year.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom