September 2019 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Decluttered fall. Four totes came into the house, three went out to Sophia or Goodwill, the items in the remaining one will be my fall decorations. I'm just not feeling a lot of my decorations this year and doubt that the feeling will return in future years. Yikes, has the minimalist bug really taken hold? I think so!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
The purging of my brothers storage shed continues. We were able to sell a few things and I dropped off 2 boxes for donation yesterday.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Decluttering starts for me big time in September. I am following the cleaning plans for the first time I am hoping to get it done all the way through. I know that I will miss 2 weeks in October.
I will be clearing out my drawers and wardrobe on Wednesday so it will be interesting to see what I can purge. I will also add to the planner anything that I may need for next Winter, I think I may need sweat pants.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I did the kitchen cabinet with the glasses in it. Gave ds 1 small cup (his), and put in a box 4 parfait glasses, 6 dessert glasses, 1 big cup and 2 disney glasses. Either ds or dd can have their pick then it goes out the door.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am going to declutter one room a week. This week I'm focusing on the office. I went through our 3 book cases. I have two small boxes of books to donate.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 pair of OLD jeans in the recycling bin… my favorite but I had patches on everywhere and they still had holes.

Dnephew will come and pick up ds's desk sometimes this month. His boys will use it for their Homework.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got through another section of the office. One bag of trash is out and a huge pile of papers got put into recycling.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was able to let go of several items from the curio cabinet and buffet. I also pre-packed items that I know I won;t need. Mostly sentimental dishes from Grandma, Mom, and Great Aunt. I packed what I knew I didn't need for Christmas. Took more time than I thought DH was not in a helping mood after yesterday.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Got rid of 12 weeks of grocery store advertisements that have been accumulating.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
tidied dresser drawers. Got rid of a pair of pajamas that are too tight around the legs.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
From where I sit in the living room, I look over on my collection of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade magazines. They aren't published any longer. I wonder how many recipes I will ever truly make and wonder if I shouldn't just go through them and tear out the relevant pages to put in a binder. I think that was a suggestion in the organization book I read. Anyone else have a magazine stash?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Look for a few recipes in the book and then see if you can find them online. That way you will not tear up the magazines. Someone might like to buy them. Or just take a photo of the recipes/ideas you want to save. Would make a nice little scrapbook.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have my TOH from the time they have started early 90's and the other ones I subscribed to also! I can feel Diedra shaking her head...... LOL! In tote in garage but I look thru them time to time.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
B603F922-2227-4B98-B9D0-EEFEFACDDEE7.jpeg Don’t worry I’ve have my collections. Still have my ceramic barns (17 here in the bedroom and many more in the kitchen), scrapbooking crap and genealogy paperwork which is all over the house. My Barn Bird Houses went to a lady at our last garage sale. My Nun collection is my smallest collection. But the magazines and cookbook collections have been blessed to others. With the internet I find I do not miss them.

Reactions: Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I love the barns!!!!
Pam, I had several stashes of different kinds of magazines. I finally one day went through them picked out a few and let the rest go. I had tons of craft and counted cross stitch. Honestly that I never used and they were taking up space. With the internet I look up recipes so I got rid of the cooking ones too. I haven’t missed them at all.
I took 2 bags of clothes to the thrift shop yesterday! Sadly I went into the thrift shop and came out with 2 bags of stuff. It’s all stuff I’ll use for sewing and crafting. :rolleyes: