September 2019 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Or just take a photo of the recipes/ideas you want to save. Would make a nice little scrapbook.
I have done this in the past. Taken a photo of the recipe and transferred it to a folder on my computer. No clutter and the magazine stays intact and able to be sold or donated.

I have a few magazines to go through but not many.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I had stacks and stacks of crafting books, cross stitch, quilting, general crafts. Got rid of them a few years back. Now I just google what I want and te pattern for the most part is there.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I took 2 bags of clothes to the thrift shop yesterday! Sadly I went into the thrift shop and came out with 2 bags of stuff. It’s all stuff I’ll use for sewing and crafting. :rolleyes:

ROFLOL! Oh, I can relate...

From where I sit in the living room, I look over on my collection of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade magazines. They aren't published any longer. I wonder how many recipes I will ever truly make and wonder if I shouldn't just go through them and tear out the relevant pages to put in a binder. I think that was a suggestion in the organization book I read. Anyone else have a magazine stash?

Yes, I have a bunch of American History magazines from 2015 to 2018 that I still have to read through. <sigh> I cancelled my subscription in January.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So this afternoon we cleaned the breezeway. (between house and garage) It was a MESS but more so how things were put in there. We loaded the trailer with over 3/4th of stuff to burn. Alot of boxes. Hoping Allen will burn it tonight. Several of the totes in there is craft stuff from the craft room. Looks pretty darn nice now.

I was hoping to keep moving on stuff like loading metal up to take in but Allen was getting out of air alittle.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You would think with this move I would have lots of declutter items. I think I decluttered really well when Dh had his last garage sale because I'm not finding all that much stuff to go. Dh took a small box today to GoodWill and that's all I had.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, you must have worked really hard last time you decluttered. I did not find anything to toss when I did the dining room on Saturday. I was impressed.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Dh took 2 wood trestles to ds with a big ladder. The file cabinet is now at his house too and I added some file folders and some pens and highlighters to the package. Also sent him my old kettle (got a new one a few weeks ago). DD took 1 binder and 1 bathroom organizer to her house.
Unfortunately, as I declutter, dh is bringing stuff from the job sites through the garage (so I don't see him!).

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Furniture - all gone! Chest of drawers, desk with hutch, china cabinet, three bookcases, lawn mower, two TVs, three totes full of binders, folios, blankets, a travel pillow, cloth bags, a tool bucket wrap-around storage thing, a baseball mitt, bike helmet, double cup holder, and a putting green executive toy, two drawer/shelf combo units, mobile scrapbook cart, two rolling drawer units, hall tree, footlocker, vanity table, and a partridge in a pear tree - a little giggle for you for reading the whole list to the end!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I organized and decluttered the craft shelves. Recylced quite a few items.

Reactions: Myron's Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did the kitchen pantry and fridge yesterday. Was pleased that I did not have to throw out a lot. A few sauces from McDonalds and some items in the fridge.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We got 3 boxes of paper to shred to the shredder company today. And they gave me several empty banker boxes for free. Thinking DS may need them for moving. If he doesn't want them I can surely use them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH bought home 9 garbage bags full of cans from FIL house. Will take them to the recycling depot today.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thru the dining room and Allen cleaned off the buffet that he loves to put stuff on. So from table and there got about 1/2 bag of trash. Old papers and magazines. Looks so much better!

I did catch him putting a few things in a drawer on the buffet and told him this winter it will be cleaned out.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Way to go Pam!!!
I managed to fill our trash can over the top while cleaning the back hall closets and laundry room. A few things to the thrift shop and a few things set aside for my son. I didn’t “clean “ my kitchen yet but did go through most all the cabinets, more trash and another box for thrift shop.
I spent yesterday afternoon going through all the clothes mom had saved, pulling stuff out for another quilt. Have a small pile to pitch after I make some patterns. Lots of cute aprons but they are all stained and worn. I think a couple might have been grandmas. There’s a pile for the thrift shop too. I managed to get all that’s left in the under bed totes ( a twin bed! But yes there is still that much). My mom had saved a bunch of my shoes,( baby and toddler). I’m 62 you would think I would be able to pitch that stuff but I had a crisis, I think from going through all of moms stuff ( party dresses and gowns from the 40’s). After talking to my cousins I pitched all but 4 pair. I looked pretty silly sitting on the floor crying over old shoes lol.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Myrons Mom, you are doing so good going thru stuff. It is so hard when you have the stuff from so long ago. I have one of Jaymees baby shoes and I saw where you make a pin cushion out of them. Haven't did it tho.

Last edited: