September 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was trying to play a game of cards and realized that we have four decks of cards but none of them are full or match. I tossed them and made a note to purchase a new deck.

Reactions: Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 grammar book, 1 dictionnary and another book added to dniece's bag. Also bringing my dd 3 binders this weekend.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I still haven't cleared the items that I decluttered earlier in the year as there are no places to take it to.
I am sure that there is much more that needs getting rid of.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Dh went through some things this weekend and put out 2 trash cans filled with broken or unusable items.

Reactions: Lana

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Have been going through boxes from the move. Not much trash, but have sorted four boxes if items to go in the rummage sale...first Saturday of October!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I visited my friend and took a bag of stuff to donate for her as she kept carting it around and never stopped in somewhere!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Stopped by the consignment shop Thursday. They're taking drop offs, so will look at boxed rummage from a different angle with an eye for things to go there...will make more money from the consignment shop. Will still have enough for a decent rummage sale.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
PamelaG what do you mean by ;converted to the amzon library?

1 bag of teen books ready to be given to dniece when I see her. 5 more books in the donation bag. DH reorganized his garage... most things went under the patio (not much got rid of), but at least we can walk in the garage. He brought me a box of boxes from the attic, have to go through that this afternoon.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
PamelaG what do you mean by ;converted to the amzon library?
I watch for Featured Deals under the Categories tab under Prime Video. I'm basically buying them again but I wait for them to go on sale and then Sophia sells the DVDs at the consignment shop so we usually break even. This allows us to watch from wherever we are without having to worry about having a DVD player.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week I'm decluttering our bedroom. I went through the book case and I'm donating one book. I sorted through a pile of folders filled with papers. Shredded a small bag filled with papers and filed the rest. I have two more bags of papers to go through this week.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
W have been working in the home office and entry/living room and find that as I clean drawers and shelves I am not finding a lot.. I a a round tray with thing a ma bobs that don’t have a home and something’s set aside for the thrift store. The garage is on the list this month so I am sure after that we will be making a trip to the thrift store.

Reactions: jampss