September 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Added a few more things to the "don't want" box as I continue to put things away at the new house.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone -- A pile of all things Middle School is going out the door from DS's room. Some of these are books and are being split between Friends of the Library and some of the little streetlamp libraries that have popped up in people's yards around town during the pandemic. That's been kinda fun.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went through another pile of papers. Filed the ones to keep and tossed the rest. I also went through the summer clothes. I have three items that have seen their day. I have one more pile of stuff to deal with this week. :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
What do you all do with electronics that no longer work...printers, laptops, etc? I think, at one time, Best Buy would take those. I suppose I should call and ask....

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Around here they usually have 3 or 4 times a year in different towns a recycling event where you can go go and take stuff. Last one for the year was this past Saturday in my town. Didn’t take anything and I know we had stuff to go. Old phones printers etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have taken electronics to Best Buy but that was years ago. Our local small town computer fix it shop takes items.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
I recently saw on the Goodwill website they will take electronics, working or not....maybe other thrift stores do that too? Our town has a drop off day at the city yard for electronics....and before that I also had taken items to Best Buy.....

Laurie

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Thanks, everyone. I'll write a note in my planner to do some checking around about it. I, ashamedly, admit when we were moving, I threw away an old wireless phone set....was just so tired of being bothered with moving it around out of the way.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I organized some seed packets and got them put away with the other gardening items. Isn't out of the house, but is where it should be housed.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Next week, my friend asked me to help her, again, with de-cluttering her garage. I take stuff away for her and donate it right away!!

Reactions: Lana

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jampss, you planning to come to Illinois? LOL!!!! I could use the help. We need to fire that ole bus up and hit all of our houses/garages/sheds and help each other!!!! Or become Bewitch!!!!

Reactions: jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got the garage done today. DH worked on the flower garden getting it ready for winter.
I must say I certainly did quite the job when I was declutter a couple of years ago. I am not finding much to move out the door. In fact I have chest of drawers in the guest room with 5 empty drawers. I know there is probably stuff that could go I have a lot of picture and frames to take care of but I made that an after Christmas project to help with the let down of Christmas passing. January is such a long monotonous month anyway.

Reactions: luludou and jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am in the middle of the HGP and I am not finding too much to get rid of. I think because I did a really ruthless clean earlier in the year there is not too much left. I really need to get the garbage bags that are still in the spare room to the charity shop but I do not know of too many that are accepting donations at this stage.

Reactions: luludou and jampss

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Added a few more things to the "don't want" box as I continue to put things away at the new house.
I have put a bag in each of my rooms. So now when I get to decluttering something it goes in that bag & I make myself make a trip to Missions each week. Or I post it 4sale immediately. Thru this pandemic, I was overwhelmed with decluttering. Had box after box. Then I pushed it out. That was a killer for me. So I have made myself do the weekly bag.

Reactions: jampss