September 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Going through some drawers here I found some things that were my dad's. My Mum saved my dad's military ribbons for DS as well as some other items. DS has his own place now so time for him to have them.

I also found some lovely handkerchiefs with a crocheted edge that my Mum did. I think I will pass them on to DD as she might like them.
Put your Dad/Mom’s items in a shadow boxes along with a photo and give them as a Christmas gift.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
A tee shirt!

Progress is being made!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tossed out 36 cans of coke. A few weeks ago I noticed something leaking out of the cabinet we store our soda in. Was coke cans that were made to thin during the covid so called aluminum shortage. Dh washed them all but then put back the ones that were not leaking. Of course now some of them have started getting tiny pin holes. I washed a few shelves too. I like to not run out of drinks but he takes it to border line hoarding. Covid shortages have really fed his hoarding. lol

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have a box in my van of decluttered stuff from the life coach and who's house I clean, that needs to go to thrift store, plus I have been piling my own stuff in a box in the laundry room. I just need to make the time and take it!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I went through some more pantry items and pitched some expired food. I don't know if I can't read or what..........................When I clean the pantry I pitch items if after expired date. Had stuff from 2021 and I know I have cleaned it out since then. I know some would probably be good but out it goes.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
1 bottle of expired sunscreen out Saturday. Finally, finished a bottle of liquid body wash. Trying to use up some we've had a long time. I don't mind having extras of some things, but when it's excessive, it bothers me.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Donations weren't being accepted at our local charity shop last Saturday so Vic still has a bookcase and two DVD racks in his truck. We'll try again this weekend.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Since I am rewinding my ribbons on bobbins I am getting rid of all the cardboard. It also freed up the two storage drawers I was using for them which I hope to repurpose in the camper. It also freed up a shelf in my closet.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen took old appliances in last week and got $30.00 and then Tues. ( maybe) Monday he took some other appliances in and metal and got $136. Have some metal at barn that came off when it got redone and some other junk metal to go yet.
Gave some extra cereal and pasta to a girl..

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Not from my house but LC2 had over 10 large trash bags full of clothes, two boxes of books and a bag of shoes to take to the thrift store. We took Dh large SUV and it filled the back with the seats down. But now she has room in her garage. Next we will take some of her ex-husbands stuff to him if he doesn’t come to get it in the next two weeks. That will clear out the rest of her garage. I have a box of old CDs ready to go to the thrift store in my car.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Forgot to report our tally from last Saturday - donations were being accepted again at our local charity shop. One bookcase, two DVD racks, two bags of assorted clothing, hangers, a shower curtain and rings, and a Christmas mug.