September Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana.....phew, well done.

Reactions: HouseElf

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Burnt an old dresser, some counter top and an old cabinet. Some old flowers (that we put out at cemetery and were faded) got thrown away. We cut down 3 small bushes and put them in pile and put taradon (spelled wrong probably but you brush just alittle on the root/stump and kills it) on them. Picked up some cardboard and paper and put onto fire.

To be cooler this week---wish I was off to be home and continue on.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen has stuff out of the breezeway but took the totes to garage on the side that was cleared for us to sort thru or to just stay while we reorganize in there.

Tomorrow he wants to go thru some boxes and pitch. He said we haven't used it or seen stuff in years so.... Will see well he gets.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So some leaving but still alot of crap to sort thru YET!!!!
I just noticed your 2021 Word ... focus!! You are doing that quite well when it comes to de-cluttering!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I took a bunch of stuff to a donation center yesterday. One place that will take my books isn't open until Oct. 5th. The other place is 45 minutes away but worth the drive. It's very good stuff that I want to donate to them. They will take care of it and get it to the right people. I think I will make that trip either next week or in October.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The basement bathroom was pretty well decluttered. Only found an extra soap dish to donate. Humm... thinking next time (not ready yet) I might get rid of the box for the hair tint since I don't tint my hair anymore.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jampss, we really are trying to get crap out. Last few years several things have taken over our plans to clean and stuff just kept piling up and nothing put away. Dumpster is still here so trying to make the most of it! Allen is also determined to move S--T out so.... that helps that he is willing and now able to do it!!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
! bag of shredded documents out with the trashcan tonight!

Separated some things into boxes for donation and thrift store booth. I'm out of string tags; will have to pick up some tomorrow. I need to get the items to the booth, because some are seasonal.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I haven't been here in a while, but have been decluttering as we have recently finished a huge home renovation project! I won't list it all (mostly because I cannot remember LOL) but I have 4 copier paper boxes in my trunk that are full of donations. Mostly books and baking magazines, some craft things, a new set of sheets and a bed skirt...I can't remember what else is in there. I have started a new box and so far in it are: a glass beverage dispenser, 2 nice baskets, some paper punches, a magnetic curtain rod, and about 5 lucite magnetic photo frames. I also condensed 3 boxes of small security envelopes into 2 (but how many do I actually need?? I rarely mail anything!)...I should let go of one of them. Since the renovation, the hubby is on board (finally) with not keeping things that we do not need. Next up for him is to go through his cd's...music is very important to him but he finally agrees that he doesn't need the cd's.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
So I also wanted to talk a minute about a breakthrough I have a couple of weeks ago while going through some of the things I was purging. This one day I was going through my Gooseberry Patch Christmas books, my Better Homes & Gardens Christmas Cookie magazines and some other baking magazines. The books are from 1999 through 2008 (only 7 in total though) and have criss-crossed the country in moves twice in the last 12 years and have been in a cabinet for the last 7. Same with the magazines...I get the new one each year and amassed quite a collection. I never wanted to let go of the books as they put me back to a time when I was a single mom to my daughter, in our little house in NJ...knowing they were there brought me comfort. In a Facebook decluttering group I'm a part of I was given some suggestions for them and had decided to keep them and look at them during the holiday season. I had already asked my daughter if she wanted any of the magazines and she declined so they were already going. Well I decided to look through the books that night and had an epiphany...and came to the realization that I no longer have an interest in them. I realized that I was holding on to them because they were from my life before Ken...back when Samantha and I had our nice little life in our nice little home. They're actually holding me back from having peace in our home now...and I don't need books hidden away to remind me of the life I had, it will always be in my heart. It was honestly like a huge weight was lifted and it was so freeing!!
Thank you for listening!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I decluttered two dresser drawers yesterday and threw away many items. I put what I kept into a shoe box. I was pressed for time, but wanted to clear them out for DD24 to have some more drawer space in the guest bedroom. I will revisit the box later and purge some more items.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen worked in the shed today throwing stuff into the dumpster and when I came home from work Ryan and Jessica was here helping. I work in the a.m. but they are coming back and helping in shed. Allen would like the dumpster moved out tomorrow. Will be 2 weeks for it.

I threw away my 2 boxes of ribbon. Had LOTS but has been in boxes and out in garage for going on 3 years figured it was dirty/dusty so didn't even looked just pitched.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went through our filing cabinet yesterday. I garbage bag of papers shredded and into the compost bin. All the wills and tax papers are stored, a folder of DD's papers to go to her house. I need to go through the farm paperwork and file that properly. Another job done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It was honestly like a huge weight was lifted and it was so freeing!!
Thank you for listening!!
Well done. It is freeing isn't it?
We are always here to listen.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Dumpster is gone and it was full. A 25 yard one. Alot of stuff could of been burnt that went into it but....it is gone. We have stuff here to burn yet and now that the crap is picked up time to start organizing it. Some more will go to trash as we run across it, some to auction, some to flea market, some to Goodwill but kids will see if they want anything first. Hoping to get it organized by end of winter!

Not feeling bad at all for all that was pitched-----kinda REALLY nice to see open area!!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I realized that I was holding on to them because they were from my life before Ken...back when Samantha and I had our nice little life in our nice little home. They're actually holding me back from having peace in our home now...and I don't need books hidden away to remind me of the life I had, it will always be in my heart. It was honestly like a huge weight was lifted and it was so freeing!!
I think that is just awesome! I know exactly what you mean.
I threw away my 2 boxes of ribbon. Had LOTS but has been in boxes and out in garage for going on 3 years figured it was dirty/dusty so didn't even looked just pitched.
That is awesome! You are braver than me! I would have to look inside, just in case...
Working on decluttering paperwork singing “Let it go Let it Go Let it Go”…..
Let it go, let it go
Put that stuff in the car
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the purge rage on
That crud never mattered me anyway! :D