Setting up a Recipe Notebook

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Curious as to how you all set up the pages to your notebook???

For recipes from magazines the only thing I've thought to do is paste them on a plain paper and put them in a sheet protector??

I'm looking for other ideas.

Annie

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I usually slip the magazine page into a sheet protector. When I'm in a real organizing mood, I will type up those I've torn from magazines to print out - I think I might have a little OCD when it comes to things being uniform and symmetrical :slap:

If it is from a magazine I would photocopy it or type it up in wordpad and print it out!!! I most definitely use sheet protectors all the time. I think when I am in the stationary aisle workers make sure they have enough sheet protectors on the shelf....lol Now if the stores can only put them on sale so I can save money I would be a much happier person...lol

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I have a file for recipes from magazines. I usually try 2 or 3 new recipes a month. Once it tried...and if it's loved...I put it in a recipe database. Our very favorites I print out for my recipe notebook.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Momof4-

I feel the same way!! I think things uniformed.

Thanks for the ideas!

Annie

SmilingSandra

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Saskatoon, SK Canada
I buy my page protectors at Costco. You get lots but when you compare the price it's a better deal. I have a mixture of things I've printed out, photo copies and magazine pages in my recipe book. I've also tried to divide it into sections so it's easier to find what I'm looking for.

zchristy

Santa's Elves
I bought a sweet little 5 inch x 7 inch photo album for my recipe notebook. The pockets for photos are the perfect size for recipe cards and recipes don't get splashed while cooking. The ones that are not on recipe cards, I printed out on the computer and they are folded to fit in the pocket so the title of the recipe of showing. Same with magazine recipes. Most were trimmed to fit, but a few had to be folded so I can see the title while flipping pages.

I have regular, every day meals in the first half and Thanksgiving/Christmas and Easter in the back half.

Hope it helps!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I use a photo album that is divided out to place 4x5 pictures inside.

This has proven to be very handy and I love being able to see the front and the back of my recipe cards.

And, since spills and messes can happen, I love the fact that my recipes stay intact b/c all I have to do is wipe off the page.