Shopping Black Friday Sales for the Home

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was wondering if anyone else shops Black Friday Sales for the home and not necessarily for a gift. For example, years ago, someone told me that they get their batteries for the year on Black Friday. Some hardware stores offer great discounts on them. Another person told me that they buy their towels, pillows and bedding on Black Friday. Are their other things that you tend to buy on Black Friday because it's a great deal and will be used for the house?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I've always watched Black Friday deals for things for home. Also, I've found that's a good time to pick up things that are suitable for shower and graduation gifts. The small appliances and linens are things both of those can use.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I've found, over the years, that holiday linens are often on sale on Black Friday. If I need to replace any, that tends to be when I do that. Pre-Covid, I often found good buys on clearance clothing on Black Friday -- jeans, fleece, t-shirts/short sleeve shirts that can be worn with a sweater, sometimes socks. For the past couple of years, Pfaltzgraff has put some of their Winterberry pieces on deep discount, too. My daughter uses it during the holidays, especially the misc pieces that also serve as decor and for entertaining.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We have always bought things for the house too. I haven’t bought for a while but lowes always had a great deal on the storage shelve we like. Pet supplies are a good deal too. I would buy all my cat litter for the year and a large portion of our cat food.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I never thought about pet supplies. Will have to check that out.

Televisions are something else we've tried catching on BF sales.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've found, over the years, that holiday linens are often on sale on Black Friday. If I need to replace any, that tends to be when I do that. Pre-Covid, I often found good buys on clearance clothing on Black Friday -- jeans, fleece, t-shirts/short sleeve shirts that can be worn with a sweater, sometimes socks. For the past couple of years, Pfaltzgraff has put some of their Winterberry pieces on deep discount, too. My daughter uses it during the holidays, especially the misc pieces that also serve as decor and for entertaining.
I use Pfaltzgraff's Winterberry too. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks, everyone! I'm trying to think outside the box for gift giving now and in the future. This helps a lot. I forgot that last year I saw some items at Home Depot that are things you don't know you need until you need them. For example, there was a wet/dry vac, various types of ladders, extra tool kit for the car, etc. on a decent sale. Dh and I are keeping a running list of things that come to mind for future house warming gifts or Christmas gifts.

Reactions: Lori K

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
. For example, there was a wet/dry vac, various types of ladders, extra tool kit for the car, etc. on a decent sale. Dh and I are keeping a running list of things that come to mind for future house warming gifts or Christmas gifts.
We just gave one of our LCs a corded/Cordless wet/dry vac for her birthday. She already had the correct type of batteries that she uses for her tools (and a coat) so she was thrilled. We use ours for small clean ups in the house, vacuuming the cat and dog and vacuuming edges of the carpet. Think it is a DeWalt. Everyone could use one.

Reactions: Lori K and luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I try to avoid Black Friday sales...Yes if you need something it is a bargain but if you dont need it and just buy it anyway its a loss :)
This is so true. I like to do it online so i am not walking the aisles seeing all those things I do not need but buy anyway.