Sigh! I want Christmas!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
yesterday it was a hot humid day... YUCK!.. made me really longing for crispy cold fall weather... sigh..
but I´m very happy to read that I´m not the only one browsing the internet for christmas stuff during summer while wearing shirt and shorts..and sweating and having an ice-tea near me...when I go to my boyfriend and want to discuss christmasy things.. he always gets this weird look.. :haha:

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
hollybow said:
yesterday it was a hot humid day... YUCK!.. made me really longing for crispy cold fall weather... sigh..
but I´m very happy to read that I´m not the only one browsing the internet for christmas stuff during summer while wearing shirt and shorts..and sweating and having an ice-tea near me...when I go to my boyfriend and want to discuss christmasy things.. he always gets this weird look.. :haha:

Come to my part of England, it's cold,wet,windy and as my mother said the other day this is christmas shopping weather, i'm even wearing a sweater and had the heating on in the evening recently :rain: oh for just a little sunshine.

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Me too, Me too! I want Christmas. Last week it was hot here so I turned the air-conditioner on, got cooler and hauled out all my Christmas books and magazines and let the creative juices go nuts. Friday I went to 2 craft stores (bummer, we don't have Hobby Lobby) and on Saturday started making stuff. How many of you out there try not to do the same decorations year after year and are always looking for new ideas, or improve on what you've done?

Deckr8r :globe:

christmasnut

MHH Member
Jun 19, 2008
Ohio
When back to school time hits, then I start feeling that itch to get the cool fall weather started so that I can start my fav time of year-october thru dec 31. I like spring and summer, but there is no feeling like that of the start of that special time of year! :grin:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I love all kinds of different styles so instead of changing EVERY year(Yikes-expensive)I try to add and decorate different rooms in different ways-this year I would love to do a little who-ville in the boys rooms! We'll see! Christmas in July is giving me a big longing for the season! But our pool is up now -so I'm enjoying summer a bit more. :party:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I have just read through this thread.... and it is very nice!!!!

Funny timing.... because we have just HAD part of Christmas 2010! (Beloved relatives here for the past week.... who will NOT be here during December 2010!)

We had wonderful, loving times together with delicious, special meals. Gifts for the children. Lots of love.

Even though it was the MOST IMPORTANT part of Christmas for me (being with the ones I love) -- it was just a part of Christmas. (No music, no decorations, etc. etc.) Plenty more to plan for the Christmas that will come in December, 2010!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
me too. i dont like the heat i hate to sweat. i wish it was always christmas. i look at books and magazines. i have lots of christmas movies alot. im always making list gift lista food etc. counting down the days.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Housewife2 -- both your posts make perfect sense to me. Everyone's posts make perfect sense to me. I absolutely TREASURE every single person who is willing to talk about Christmas all year! Go Us!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
-LL- I think your post crystalizes WHY we are here at our MHH! We love LOTS of the elements of life. The more things about life that we love -- the better! Loving Christmas does NOT take away from our love of all the other parts of life!

Loving Christmas is somehow..... more intense for us. It does NOT mean that we love anything else less...... Our MHh Family truly loves and respects life. Our love of Christmas adds to that..... it does not take away from it!

Somehow.... I want Christmas..... even while I am fully engaged in Spring. Passionately involved in gardening. Strange....... but.... love IS strange.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i too love Christmas, thank goodness I have a home here where people understand me. I am constantly looking through magazines, websites etc looking for ideas about Christmas. To me it brings comfort. I do not know why I feel this way, I'm not sure if it has always been there or just since I had the kids.
As much as I enjoy other times of the year, I adore winter and love spring, I long for Christms and all that it means.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i read all the posts so i know im not the only one who loves christmas all year. i going to watch charlie brown christmas. i did housework today fixed dinner. got car inspected. so im ready to was charlie brown. have agood evening

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am with you, housewife2! I did decluttering and housework. fixed dinner, and worked in the yard! I'm physically tired. I am going to read Christmas sites on the web.... and relax!