Sizzling Sunday, 7-26-2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Good morning, Friends!

Reactions: PamelaG

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Good morning,

I have much to do this morning, so why am I lying in bed? My sweet little Brysen is coming to see me today. I can hardly wait to see him! I need to run to Walmart for a few things. But first a shower. I just pray that the Lord will give me the strength and energy to get everything done!

It is gonna be a hot one today. I think Mother Nature, the old bag, just hits a repeat button for our weather. It is gonna be hot and humid. The air we wear! Not lovin it.

I had best haul my butt out of bed and get busy. As hot as it is, please be careful in this dreadful heat! Has anyone heard from Robin in Florida? I haven't seen her on the boards for months! Hope she is ok. And I hope all of you are, as well. Prayers for those being affected by hurricanes. Stay safe and be blessed.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day Pam and all who follow. Another hot day on the way, the humidity makes it worse. I and the only one up at the moment but everyone else should be getting up soon. Looks like it's cloudy outside we might get some rain.

It will be another go with the flow day. Seems to be a lot of those right now. We'll attend worship services online later.

Everyone in the path of the hurricane please stay safe.

Pam I pray you have a great day with your family.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It is a rainy day here but temps should go up to the middle 80s. Today I do have the blinds open to enjoy the rain. Nothing on the schedule today. Might just work on genealogy if the site isn't slow. Sundays a lot of people hunt for ancestors.

DD was up for a few minutes and went back to bed. Twillow is sitting outside under the roof for a little fresh air. Both dogs have settled in for their morning nap.

I am taking notes on how much it rains under our trees. One tree in the front does not get much rain so I'll have to remember to water the flowers underneath. I still have three bushes to plant this week. Oh and one giant hosta. Tomorrow will be a good day to do that with the ground still wet.

Prep for the coming week to make life easier for yourself.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I'm waiting for the local news to come on to see if there are any new updates on Hurricane Douglas. I'm sure there will be since it will have been 8 hours since the last time we saw one. I can see it on the radar when I bring it up now over by Maui. It's raining lightly this morning and I had the back door open to try to hear it but it's so light you can't and it's very humid so I closed it back up. Our A/C hasn't been working all that great so I don't want to heat the house up too much as it will take forever to cool back down and if we lose power later, I want to start with a cool house. They cancelled the range portion of DH's class this afternoon so he'll just teach in the classroom this morning and then come home to try to beat the weather.

No plans here except to keep everything charged and ride out the hurricane. I'm almost halfway through my book so I have that to keep me occupied and we're watching a new (old) season of Survivor that's pretty drama filled already from the beginning. Hoping to video chat with out friends later since it's our favorite 3 year old's (now 4) birthday.

Pam- Enjoy your time with family today!
Tricia- We have a lot of those too, nothing wrong with that. Enjoy them while you have them.
Diedra- Good idea since some trees are more dense than others.

Enjoy your day!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning!

Busy day yesterday - picked up what I needed at Bed Bath & Beyond - one of the items was a great squirt bottle set from Oxo with one of the tips a larger hole for sauces and dressings that have bits of things in them as they always get caught in the smaller tips. Also found the Cold Infuse water flavorings there.with $1.00 off coupons. Dropped a bag in a pitcher of water last night so I could enjoy it today then I see that the instructions say to consume within 8 hours, wonder why? Sent off an e-mail to Twinings to ask. Bought a new phone then took it to another place to have the camera removed. They called to say it was ready but they broke the piece (inside) that controls the fingertip unlock so they will order the part and replace it when it comes in. Now I have to figure out how to use the new phone. I wanted a smartphone but can't have a camera at work so I went with the Moto g7 Play - anyone have this phone?

My chocolate vegan cupcake was meh. The frosting was very smooth and glossy, kind of like thick Hershey's syrup which is obviously due to the lack of butter. The cupcake was pretty dense even after I zapped it in the microwave to warm it up. I'll get a regular cupcake next time. It didn't throw me into a fit of craving chocolate so that's a good thing. I watched The Christmas Parade on Hallmark which was cute, opening my CIJ Swap ornaments (amazing!), moved the Christmas totes to the closet now they are all sorted, and ordered a few gifts online.

I posted in one of the threads - Christmas 2020 I think - about my experience at Verizon and Old Navy. Cutting and pasting the details here: Two of the stores I went to today - Verizon and Old Navy - had the six-foot social distancing markers on the pavement outside. Verizon wouldn't let you in the door without checking with the person who was standing outside. If he determined you needed help, you could go in if there was someone available to help you. If you needed the usual tech support, he handed you a piece of paper with the instructions to fix your problem and the number for tech support. No going in for help any longer, no activating new phones, no transferring of contacts, etc. I walked in to Old Navy but there was a girl at the door with one of those clickers to count how many people were in the store. I guess once they get to capacity, you have to wait outside until someone leaves and then you can enter. No way I am doing this to do my Christmas shopping. Online it is.

I will have to go to the Microsoft store to buy Vic's iPad and I'm sure Sophia would like a trip to LUSH to pick up her 12 Days of LUSH items - last year, I bought a 12 Days of Christmas box from World Market - you put it together and it has 12 compartments for you to add gifts. She picked 12 items from LUSH and we used those.

Not much planned for today - I subscribed to Epix's free trial so I can watch Julian Fellowes' Belgravia - if it's as good as the book, a binge day may be what happens especially since it's supposed to be 82 today!

Oh, and I almost forgot, I registered for My Merry Christmas and when Jeff sent the welcome e-mail, I replied that I was an MHH Premiere Member and he updated my status.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Thanks for the tip about MMC! I will go do that now!

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was already registered at MMC under ScrappinNotNapping. Seems I sighed up in 2008. I wonder if that is when the other Christmas site closed down.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
I was already registered at MMC under ScrappinNotNapping. Seems I sighed up in 2008. I wonder if that is when the other Christmas site closed down.
Same Diedra! I was already registered as well in 2008. I had to change my password but had the same username as here. I sent a message to Jeff about updating the membership.

It has been raining here all morning, not heavy and no wind yet. The sun keeps popping out every now and then for a minute and then goes away. I need to go move my car a little more towards the car and back further in the driveway before things pick up. I've been watching Hallmark so don't know anything new about the progress of the Hurricane. I will switch over after this movie is over.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning to you all.
It is still raining here after a very wet weekend, it has been a very wet Winter so far but that is good for setting up for Spring. Most of the dams are full so that will all help when the weather heats up.
Work for me today and I am just hoping that it is a quiet one without too much Covid drama. I have taken my planner and I will update if I get a chance. Reading through all the CIJ and regular posts has got me in the mood for some Christmas planning. When I get home tonight it will be dinner and a bit more crafting, I need to get a move on if I am to finish all on my list.

Pamela, thankyou for mentioning Lush. It is one of DD's favourite shops so I might look on line and see what they have available. I am a little short on gifts for DD so hopefully will find something that she might like.

Hope that all who are in the path of hurricanes are safe and that you all keep cool in the heat.
Much love XOXO

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! Very sunny and brutally hot. Worse tomorrow.

Not a very good day. I moved some of DH's stuff and he got upset and I screamed at him. I very rarely scream. So we didn't talk all day but things seem better now.

Last night I found out that my cousin died. She was about 10-12 yrs older than I am but she was one of the few I had a relationship with. Still processing it.

DS dan DDIL had gone out east to look at houses - second homes. I'm glad that they have the $ to do it. I remember how freaked out DS was when DH and I got the place in Tampa and now he is in the same place.

Katrina - glad you are filling the dams for the summer ahead
Jess - stay safe. I hear the hurricane was upgraded
Pamela - you had a productive weekend
Tricia - go with the flow is good
Diedra - I will look at MCC
Pam -how is Bryson doing?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon!

So far we really haven't seen anything from Hurricane Douglas. I think it is finally reaching the outskirts of our island and we are maybe going to start getting the outer bands of the actual hurricane and not just errant rain that is ahead of it. Who knows. I know it slowed down, but the windspeed has been maintained. I'm ready for it to be here already. I hope we get something and it doesn't just pass us by. We need some good rain at least, without any damage or flooding please. A storm would be glorious.

I got a phone call from my brother. He never calls so I was a bit shocked. He is getting married to his girlfriend of a few years, they bought a house and sold hers, and he is starting a new job. Lots of things happening in his life right now. They aren't having a wedding but are having a BBQ/housewarming a week from today and will announce there that they are married. Didn't really give me much opportunity to be there, but with Covid I guess that's okay. Had I had more time to prepare and plan I may have gone. DH thinks I should anyway but i'm not going to. I would have to quarantine when I returned and would miss the kids return to school (maybe, if they return) and it's just too much to attend a BBQ. I would love to be there and see my mom and our friends that PCSed a couple weeks ago, but it's not worth the risk right now. Not to mention if I happen to get a placement and need to be available during that 14 day quarantine period and then I couldn't be. I'll stay here.

My friend video called again so that was nice. They had a storm moving in and she wanted to show me the clouds.

Katrina- I hope you get time to work in your planner today and work isn't too crazy.
Debbie- I'm so sorry about your cousin. It is very nice to be able to have a second home somewhere, I hope that DH and I are able to do that someday.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Debbie, sorry to hear about your cousin. Can't wait to hear about their house when they find one.

Jess, hope all are safe.

Pam, how was the visit?

I was on MCC a long time ago.

Tonight Allen heard that school will start when planned (11th) but go M-T 8-12 and no lunch with Friday off. I think school board is tomorrow night so hopefully will hear the plan. But can always still change!

Ryan has really cleaned his room over the 4 or 5 days. Burnt tons of stuff, got rid of so many clothes. Holey soxs, ragged hoodies and shirts (caught on barb wire). Had a bag of clothes to take to a couple that could wear them. He said when filled it is out of here.

Teigan and I cleaned her room. Few clothes to put up yet.

I cleaned main bathroom. Washed the show curtain and liner, mopped floor, skimmed the walls washing them, and went thru medicine cabinet and pitched stuff.

Hopefully we can keep going. Everybody ready to pitch crap. Did a ton of dishes yesterday and I ran dishwasher and hand washed and dried more tonight.

So hot and humid here also. Allen really loses his air when out. He went grocery shopping at Mt. Vernon at Aldis and Wal-Mart but didn't find several things on the list.

I better go get clothes out of dryer and put some back into it. Last load. It will probably be glad!!!! Has been going all day!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Debbie, sorry for your loss. May you find some comfort in happy memories of your time together.

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Debbie, So sad about your cousin.