Sloppy Joes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We make sloppy joes the easy way. Brown some ground beef then add a can of Manwich sloppy joe mix :) Serve on buns

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I make sloppy joes by browning the lb. of hamburg with a little onion, add salt and pepper to taste, drain off grease and then add a can of Campbells tomato soup and rinse out the can with a little water and add it too. Stir and let that cook a little and then I add a litttle worchester sauce and some ketchup...taste it and see if you like it...if it needs something add a little bbq sauce and just taste it till you like it. I have no receipe,..just whatever taste you want...green peppers give it a little different taste also. My kids love it and so do the grandkids.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
For sloppy joes I've served them with coleslaw or french fries or potatoe chips. It can match easily to many side dishes.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
M i c h e l l e~

I don't use a recipe usually, and prefer homemade to the can sauce. But it never tastes the same two times in a row. lol

Brown your meat. Drain. (If you want onion, that's fine; brown with meat.) Add a small can of tomato sauce, a tablespoon or so of brown sugar, some ketchup, salt, pepper, and a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce. I have even squited a bit of mustard. Stir and heat thru, then serve.

I often will serve baked beans with it. Chips. Whatever suits your fancy and you have on hand.