Snow!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Ok, I am so ridiculously happy it's stupid! We are getting pounded by a Nor Easter the weekend before Christmas! I live in South Jersey where snow at all is hard to come by now a days let alone a before Christmas snow. I am all stocked up, planning to finish Christmas prep, bake Santa's cookies, and play in the snow with the kids.

Just had to share!! :)

Kelly

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
How exciting for you!! If I had known you liked snow so much I would have sent you some!!

Have fun!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Kelly, our friends in Canada and even further north in the US must think we are nuts!!! I too am giddy like a school girl because of the amount of snow we are to receive. Enjoy it, I know I will!

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Snow in the U.K

we had snow yesterday, we don't usually get it this side of Christmas, it looks beautiful but i was a bit of a Bah Humbug as i had to get out for Christmas Shopping and our roads are never prepared.

I took a a moment and realised that this was so exciting for the children so joined in the fun!

Pamelajane.

mommyby3

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2007
Beautiful North Carolina
I know how everyone feels :) We got about 6 inches here in North Carolina. We never get hardly any. It looks so pretty with my Christmas lights on.
So it looks a day of baking and cleaning. I know the kids will want to play outside.
My youngest son is 8 years old and this is only the second time he has seen a good amount of snow.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm glad for you gals. the 1st real snow is always exciting and the kids love it (of course when it snows, and snows and snows again for 4 to 6 months you get tired of it ... but the first one is always special!)

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Kelly, I'm just north of Philadelphia so we're enjoying the same weather! We're a bit bummed because we had to cancel our party for tonight but the kids are excited for the snow.

I'm gonna do some wrapping and baking too and might take the kids to my granny's to work on a gingerbread house she has for them. Granny lives around the corner so we can reach her house easily by walking (or maybe even the sled ifthis keeps up).

Tonight I think we'll watch Christmas movies. My mom said she might join us if it's not too bad. She has 4 wheel drive.

Enjoy your day!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
How exciting! That's the best when it snows and you are DONE! That's my perfect wish as to where I'd like to be when it snows. Done, I mean. That would be wonderful! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
We're ready here when it hits us tonight but,the way things look outside we may get it earlier than what they said as always living in mountain areas i'm always prepared.:bigsnow::bigsnow::sleigh:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We stayed in today because of the snow. It postponed our annual trip to see lights and visit Santa, as well as some shopping, but it was good to be snowed in together!

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
It has been a wonderful day!! The kids woke up, ran outside to a maybe 2 inches, and played for an hour or so, then we took them to an in town hill thats notorious for sledding and sled for about an hour, then came home, were up to almost a foot, had soup and our entire family of 5 sat on the couch and cuddled for Santa Clause 3 and thoroughly enjoyed each other! I am enjoying the sights, sounds, smells, and of Christmas, I am so happy :) We are up to almost 2 feet!!!

Kelly

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
We also have snow here - it is soooooo beautiful and wonderful and magic!!!
My hubby and I had a 1.5 hours walk today morning already.
but according to the weather forecast it will not remain until christmas - but of course, I still hope :) :) :)

Chilli

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I live in South Jersey too (Gloucester County) and I am LOVING all this snow!! The last white Christmas I remember having in this area was 27 years ago!!!!!

HAGD
Tina

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Too snowed in to go to Mass this morning as it took quite a while for DH to get us shoveled out. The kids have been having a grand time playing outside with their friends. Dh made a big mountain of snow in the backyard for them to climb and slide down.

Only the dog doesn't like it. Our old dog loved being outdoors when it snowed but our new girl has very short fur and will only go about a step away from the back door to do her business. DH is digging her a path and area where she can do her thing.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
We got the snow last night on LI. Probably about 15" where I live - much less in the city.

I had to cancel plans for yesterday and today but really didn't mind staying home - I finished wrapping, made some candy, did laundry, read newspapers....

It's good to have a snow day once in a while.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Kelly, I just recently moved from Central Jersey to California and am so bummed that we missed this storm! I love a good snow, but the shoveling and clean up...not so much!

Enjoy! And throw a snowball for me!

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Will do! I have a gfriend who moved to Tenn. in August. She had to keep her kids away from the weather reports so they didn't know that they were missing it.

As you said, everything has it's goods and bads.....my husband had his work cut out for him!

Kelly

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I live in N Ireland and to have snow this time of year is quite rare. But DD9 has been loving it and,for us,this is OUR white Christmas!

alexloramer

Retire Member
Sep 23, 2010
That's what life is all about. Getting snowed in with the fam on Christmas. Can't beat it.