Snow!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Snow...I want Snow. I'm dreaming of snow!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Nope not ready yet. I am hoping to get thru football and cheer before we get any snow. Don't look to promising since we could start getting snow anytime now and it looks like it will be at least Halloween before this season is done at least for cheer.

I like snow for about 2 mins and that's it. We have it for 6 to 7 months of the year and you get tired of it

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Not yet for me - no snow allowed until November 1st!!!

then... well, then it can snow and snow and snow!! :snowball:

LOVE snow - that is until March, and it has to melt lol

mrahoffman

Retire Member
Dec 2, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Me too...

several years ago, my now 9yo son made paper snow flakes for me and hung them from the ceiling in my bedroom...and they are still there;)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
DS2 keeps saying he likes snow and winter but he soaks up the sun also. I don't want it yet.

Aggy-cut a circle or square and fold it up then cut just be carful of the main folds.
http://www.highhopes.com/snowflakes.html

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
If I have to get out in it, and the roads are bad, I HATE it. But if I can stay home, and/or don't have to dig my car out, it's ok. Last winter, we had a couple of really bad snows for our area. My normal 7 minute drive home took me almost 20! Ewwwww. I would much rather be on the inside looking out at it, and by inside, I do mean HOME.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'll take snow any time, any where. Even work is better if it's snowing. I love snow!!!!!!!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
All this talk of snow is making me sad! :( We have maybe one chance all year that we'll get maybe a dusting of snow. All the schools shut down and all the bread and milk are gone from the stores! It's crazy! Wish it would snow up to our ........ (oops gotta be nice) rumps, just one time! LOL

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
JeniferDwn - My best friend lives in Charleston and she sent me pictures of their snow this past winter and she said that it almost all melted before she could get her camera out and her kids in a winter coat. Living in central Virginia I feel like we are almost too far south for good winters. Last year was the exception for sure. If I ever get rich, I'm moving further north and taking all my extended family with me!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Rhonda that is the sweetest thing.

Kim I have told people before my brothers have dump trucks will deliver as long as they take it out of my yard and not thiers

Pam that is one thing that I like about having to be at work at 4am they really haven't started plowing the roads yet it is much easier to get thru a snow covered road then a freshly plowed road that is slippery. We had 10" one morning even though it took me 20 mins to get to work instead of the 5 it normally does at that time of morning it was great winter driving

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We live a little more 'up north' :) and do get a bit of snow!

We have 'snow day dances' (in our pj's, in the kitchen) as we check the bus cancellations for our area. Snow days... how I love them!

We usually get a few days a winter... and it takes my poor DH all the next to snow-blow us, and our neighbours out.

yesvirginia

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
snow

It doesn't snow where we live, but it does snow in the mountains about 1 hour away. Last year my Grandson (who was 3 at the time) thought Santa wouldn't come if there wasn't any snow. My son in law got up very early on Christmas Eve and drove up to the mountains and filled the back of his pick up truck with snow. We all had such fun building snowmen and having snowball fights. It is a treasured memory!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
That is so sweet todo.

Right now our temps are so cold that we could see some snow. But hoping not.