Snow!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
Yeah! It snowed last night. We only got about 3-4 inches, but it was enough to cover everything in white. They had been getting snow up at the ski resort for awhile but this is the first snow to hit us down in town. In the past we always got at least one snow before Thanksgiving, but this year there was nothing not even a flurry. I glad to see the snow here again it make everything so beautiful. I wish my other computer was working , I would have posted pictures.
:bigsnow:

Well enjoy the snow and the sights. I used to love taking pics of the neighborhood under a blanket of snow. I moved to Florida last year and miss the sight of snow but not the cold weather and back breaking shoveling that came with it...lol

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
Yes it was very beatiful and then I had went out and had to shovel my truck out. It turned out to be about 6 inches of snow. I had the broom trying to reach across this huge truck to knock the snow off and getting covered while doing so. Once cleared and on my way the song "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas " came on and I could enjoy the snow again.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm so jealous. We had a dusting last week overnight but that's been it so far. It was forecasted for Saturday and Saturday night but I checked this morning and now it's just supposed to rain. I want snow!!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
We had our first snowfall the day after Thanksgiving.

It was so wonderful decorating my home and tree while watching the fall snow out my window.

It was really quite perfect. Especially since the weather has been warm enough lately that the snow was melted by the next evening. That's the best kind of snow - beautiful - but doesnt make the roads slick.

Little Elf

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Alberta, Canada
A few days ago or so we got snow. So there is a few inches on the ground. Had to finally break down and buy myself my winter boots. Bloody cold here too...-28 celcius with windchill. Waaayy below the normal temps it's supposed to be this time of year. I hope it won't be so cold for the Santa Claus parade tomorrow evening.

chrisaholic

Retire Member
Nov 24, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
We've had snow off and on for the last couple of weeks. Not much (4 cm ) at a time, but it melted everytime. It's blustery snowing outside now. We're suppose to have flurries off and on for the next few days. :globe:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I'm sitting here reading your posts totally green with envy. I laughed when I read that 3-4 inches was considered just a little-that's about what we get around here and we think that's a big snow! It's supposed to be mid 60s today and close to 80 tomorrow! But then a front is coming through to cool it back down to the 50s and low 60s. i want Christmas weather!!

I remember about 20 years ago we had a huge snow for here-it started one afternoon about 5 pm and snowed for over 24 hours-very unusual! We ended up with 18 inches and it was glorious! The only problem was I was a police officer at the time and had to work!! We worked 12 hour shifts, so I'd go to work at 6 am and work accidents all day and then get home whenever someone could bring me, and sleep for the entire time I was home! Then, back to work! I did muster the energy one evening to sled with my parents and brothers and all the neighbors. We'd grab the sleds and slide down the street until late in the night. Such fun! All the adults would hog the sleds and the kids couldn't use them! LOL!!! I wish my kids could see a snow like that! Even the chief of police told us not to fuss at anyone out on ATVs-he was from New York originally and he said every kid should be able to have fun in an 18 inch snow!!

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
Snow update here. We are now a little over 12 inches and it is still snowing. The picnic table measured out at 15 inches, but our four measurements adveraged12.13 inches.
The kids are loving it. Our poor dog Molly (a peek-a-pom) is so funny looking out there. You can only see her head and she hops around trying to keep up with the kids. Thankfully it is a light weight snow for shoveling, the bad is it is not good for making snowmen.
:bigsnow: :bigsnow: :bigsnow:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
FINALLY! We got snow. :bigsnow: It started around 9:30 yesterday morning and lasted until about 8:00 at night (maybe later than that - I took a nap). The weather people orignially said it would only get 1 to 3 inches, however it reached 5 - 7 inches. As an added bonus, we got to leave work early. Walking from the bus stop when I got home, I noticed how nice the neighborhood looked all covered with snow. A few of the home had their lights on which may it feel so Christmasy. I took a couple of pictures of the snow covered trees behind my apartment. I'm going to post them as well as photos of my decorations on my blog later today if I get the chance.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
We got snow yesterday!! They predicted as much as 4 inches, but I think we got 1 1/2 - 2 inches. It was enough to give the kids a delay in the morning for school and to sled ride in the afternoon.

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
We have been having a little snow here almost every day. This morning we had the cars covered. Just about an inch.
I have a very special neighbor who has been cleaning my car off for me. The last two mornings I have looked out and my car is clean. I am very thankful for this neighbor. He and his girlfriend are law students. :bigsnow:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We are currently in an ice storm and there's a bit of snow thrown in there. LOL I woke up in the night and it was storming. Then I get up this morning and everything is white. I think it's mostly ice with a slight dusting of snow on top though. All the roads are covered according to MoDot. We're supposed to continue to get ice and a little snow over the next few days!! I love how pretty it all looks and thankfully, we really don't have to leave the house.