So much Squee!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SmackDabFarmGirl

MHH Member
Jun 21, 2022
Georgia
Hello! I came across the site over at MMC, when I was searching for crafts. I've been a member over there for just under a year, and a premiere member there for about 6 months now. I recently renewed for a year... maybe 2... my brain doesn't work like I want it to these days. Anyway it's the same name over there. I'm most active in the countdown thread.

So I'm in my 50s, and I love in my grandparents' old home out in the middle of nowhere in Georgia. Temps are over 100 right now, but I'm sleeping during the hottest part of the day bc I work night shift currently. Looking to transition to days though, I'm getting too old for night shift and I can't get anything done when I'm off bc I'm sleeping. I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for most of my life, and I'm hoping to get my Christmas joy levels up again this year. Can't wait to read all the threads and see what everyone is doing!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hello and welcome, so glad that you found us.
I am Katrina from Canberra, Australia. Winter here at the moment so while you are sweltering we are freezing.
I hope that you enjoy our lovely site, I am very fond of it.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
There’s a Welcome here, there’s a Welcome here, there’s a Christmas welcome here. (Anyone know the song?).
SDFG, Glad you found us! Be sure to join us for Rudy Day and Christmas in July.
I am MissJodee and live north of Chicago. I have 4 adult children and 3 granddaughters.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Welcome! I'm Jessica and live in sweltering Missouri. I have 3 children and 2 dogs. I'm a teacher and am currently thoroughly enjoying my summer break. ;) Jump on in!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hi! I'm Debbie from Long Island, NY.

Celebrator of all Jewish holidays as well as Christmas!

I live with a husband and a dog; DS and DDIL live in NYC.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Welcome! There's a great group here who are encouraging and supportive, and who all share the joy of Christmas. I grew up in southwest Michigan and have lived in the Chicago area for the last 40+ years, initially within the City limits, now in the southwest suburbs. I'm a widow of 8 years, with one adult daughter (married, no kids) who lives a good hour away, my own pup (schnauzer, a rescue) and a grand dog (golden doodle). I retired in Sept. 2019, but have continued to freelance (about 1/4 time) for the company. They seemed to think what I did could easily transition to a new hire Ha!!!! They now have 2 people doing my job, and neither can do it without guidance, 3 years later.

I found this forum years ago, and lurked for awhile, then lost the link when the Feed Reader I used was discontinued, only to rediscover it years later. I've followed the Holiday Grand Plan for close to 20 years, though I don't think I've ever completed. Last year, I did more than ever, but was still not 100%. I simply look at it as an opportunity to deep clean once a year, while preparing for the holidays. And, in my house, anything is better than doing nothing! The rest of the year, I just enjoy sharing with and learning from a group who have become good virtual friends. So, welcome and enjoy your time with us!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Welcome to MHH!
It is a very friendly, welcoming bunch here.
Jump in and post wherever.

Annie

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Hello, Welcome! I’m Debbie in hot hot hot Las Vegas, Nevada. Retired, married 50 years next week, 5 kids, 12 grands, 6 greats plus one on the way. Caregiver and cuddler of 3 fat little guinea pigs and 2 cats, and petter of 3 bunnies. I love most types of handwork - sorry, knitting is not one of my favorites - give me a crochet hook any day.

SmackDabFarmGirl

MHH Member
Jun 21, 2022
Georgia
Hello, Welcome! I’m Debbie in hot hot hot Las Vegas, Nevada. Retired, married 50 years next week, 5 kids, 12 grands, 6 greats plus one on the way. Caregiver and cuddler of 3 fat little guinea pigs and 2 cats, and petter of 3 bunnies. I love most types of handwork - sorry, knitting is not one of my favorites - give me a crochet hook any day.
I've never been able to get the hand off crochet. It's in my list of stuff to learn though!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome! I'm Lucie from Quebec, Canada.. hot in summer and cold in winter! Mom of 2, grandma to 2 sweet little grandkids. Married 32 years today.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hello! I came across the site over at MMC, when I was searching for crafts. I've been a member over there for just under a year, and a premiere member there for about 6 months now. I recently renewed for a year... maybe 2... my brain doesn't work like I want it to these days. Anyway it's the same name over there. I'm most active in the countdown thread.

So I'm in my 50s, and I love in my grandparents' old home out in the middle of nowhere in Georgia. Temps are over 100 right now, but I'm sleeping during the hottest part of the day bc I work night shift currently. Looking to transition to days though, I'm getting too old for night shift and I can't get anything done when I'm off bc I'm sleeping. I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for most of my life, and I'm hoping to get my Christmas joy levels up again this year. Can't wait to read all the threads and see what everyone is doing!
Welcome From Wisconsin
Retired with Dh and my Brain Injuries DD now living at home. Two dog and a 14 pound cat (who is not over weight per the vet). Have a DS and a grand son.

Reactions: SmackDabFarmGirl

SmackDabFarmGirl

MHH Member
Jun 21, 2022
Georgia
I live alone with 1 1/2 housecats (one prefers to be outside at least half the time, the other is not allowed outside because he has no "reverse" and I can't afford to pay someone to get him out of trees). My mom and son live within a stone's throw, and middle child (daughter) and her 3 kids are in the process of moving from mom's to her boyfriend's house literally 2 minutes up the road. Youngest daughter and her hubby live about a half hour away. I have spent the past three years helping with the grands (ages 10, 7, and almost 5) in the evenings before leaving for my night shift. It's getting really old, because I haven't got the time or energy to do the things I enjoy.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Welcome from northeast Ohio. Retired night shift nurse, nights really messes with your entire life doesn’t it. Husband and I are cat lovers but are catless at the present time (our buddies died about 2 years ago). We have an adult son and no grandkids.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Welcome. I love this group, even though I may not post daily, or even weekly at times. You will love it too.
I used to post at MMC many years ago. Life happened. LOL

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome!

I am from Southern Illinois. I work in banking and it will be 43 years in August. My 2nd bank. I started out of high school at 17. Will be 61 in August and also will be married 42 years in August. We live in the country and love all nature stuff, and crafting (when I find the time--seems older I get less time for it!).

Have a son who lives at home and then a daughter and granddaughter who live in another town about 8 minutes from us.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welcome to our virtual group of friends!

I found this site many years ago when my children were little, and I was looking for some organization in my life.

I'm a retired home economics teacher (33 years). I currently work in a doctor's office as the receptionist for the therapy department. I'm the only office worker who takes care of everything for the therapy department. I'm, also, a memory therapist for the memory clinic at the doctor's office.

I'm married (DH is a teacher). I have three adult children, two of whom are married. I have three grandsons (16-almost-YO, 11YO, and 2 month old)...all DS's children. DD29 is married, but no children. DD25 is single and stays with us during the school year, because her house is about 85 miles away, but her job is here in our town.

We were cat people, but we lost our last one about a month ago. We like dogs, too, but live between a four-lane highway and a two-lane highway, so unless we fence our yard, we won't get any dogs.

Hope you enjoy our group and find many helpful tips for making the holidays better and make some great friendships here.