So you had a bad day basket

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I was just thinking about an idea I've had in the back of my mind for a while now: The bad day basket. Ever had one of those days where nothing has gone your way and you just want to hide you head in the sand? What if we had a little basket or tote we could pull out of special treats to brighten our day a little bit? Below are a few ideas for putting in such a basket. This would actually make a good gift for someone going through a rough patch, or even a teen or tween who needs a little pick-me-up now and then.

1. CD or mix tape - depending on the person this could be anything from inspirational or spiritual music to happy pop music
2. Chocolate! Or other favorite candy. Maybe even a special brand you wouldn't normally purchase
3. Bath Bomb or Bubble Bath (LUSH has bath bombs filled with confetti!)
4. Scented lotion
5. Scented candle
6. New book (anything from a novel you've been wanting to read to a book of inspirational quotes)
7. Fluffy socks - or some other item that makes you feel pampered
8. A journal
9. Copy of a nice letter from a friend, a love letter, a postcard, or a memento of something you're proud of.
10. Scented candle

Any other ideas?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This is a great idea!!! how about a fluffy throw? a feel-good dvd?

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
how about a favorite picture of something...could be your kids, friends, a vacation?

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
I went to a conference recently. One of the speakers there suggested some ideas which you could include. They appeal to the senses:
1. Something which is your favourite smell
2. Something which is your favourite taste
3. Something which is your favourite thing to touch
4. Something which is your favourite thing to see
5. Something which is your favourite sound.

My things were:
1. Issey miyake perfume / aftershave (reminds me of my wedding day)
2. Chocolate (thorntons continentals are my fave)
3. Velvet
4. A picture of my children
5. A compilation CD (the soundtrack to my life, full of all the songs which bring back happy memories from my childhood, adolescence, holidays, christmas, wedding, etc) :-D

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
How about a good movie included in the basket like 16 candles, never been kissed, Driving Miss Daisy, something cute like that.

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Ok Ladies! My friend is going into hospital to have surgery on her back at the weekend. She will have to remain in a lying down position for 2 days, so I am going to do her a 'so you had a bad day' basket! I am going with appealing to all senses theme, and I am struggling for something which relates to touch. Anyone got any ideas? :-D

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
jingle-jo said:
Ok Ladies! My friend is going into hospital to have surgery on her back at the weekend. She will have to remain in a lying down position for 2 days, so I am going to do her a 'so you had a bad day' basket! I am going with appealing to all senses theme, and I am struggling for something which relates to touch. Anyone got any ideas? :-D

What about a nice scarf that's soft, or fluffy socks? Also, a soft-touch teddy bear or other stuffed animal of some sort. Hmm...or some of those little pillows you can put on your pens and pencils to make them soft to the touch...I think they're called SoftGrips or something.

Pamela

MHH Member
Apr 1, 2008
You might also want to include a batch of cookies or just send a card or phone calls for several days. It seems like when you have a bad day something is done that day but there is never any follow up. Sometimes when someone is feeling day they just need some support from family and friends. Sometimes just a good shoulder to cry on.