Spam in Chit Chat

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning,

We have a spam post in the Chit Chat thread by new member Baristo.

Thank you.

Reactions: Minta

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks, Minta, didn't know you were an Admin. Any way we can look at having the Chit Chat thread more private?

Yes! I tried to contact Ginger about this but she hasn't been active on the board for a year. When I try to message her, she doesn't even come up even though I used her correct user name.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thanks, Minta, didn't know you were an Admin. Any way we can look at having the Chit Chat thread more private?

Jeff made me an admin recently here since I am here a lot and I help out on one of his other sites. We should see less and less spammers on here but please post anything you see and I will take care of them. I will evently get those posts removed too. I am still learning my way around as an admin on this site.

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
From what I can see, the general public can SEE that forum but they cannot read the contents of the forum unless they register. In other words, thread titles and such show up but they can't see the rest of it. Do you want to make it so that they cannot see the forum at all?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Jeff- When i'm not logged in, I can still read the contents of the threads within the Chit Chat forum.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I think people who are interested in joining MHH should be able to see the thread titles but not the content which is what they can see now. Is there any way to do that - make the content unavailable unless you are a member?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think people who are interested in joining MHH should be able to see the thread titles but not the content which is what they can see now. Is there any way to do that - make the content unavailable unless you are a member?
I think this is a good idea.

Reactions: MrsSoup

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I agree with Pamela. The content shouldn't be free game, but the titles are fine.