Started decorating for Spring!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Now that Valentine's Day is over, I'm starting to bring out my Spring stuff! So far, I've tucked pastel eggs into my topiaries on either side of my entry. They look so pretty that I'll probably haul out my Easter box tomorrow and decorate in earnest! I'll pick up some primroses to place in baskets around the house and something cute to stick in my front planters. chick1
Does anyone else have Spring decor out?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I purchased a beautiful tulip plant at Walmart yesterday. They were on sale for 2/$5. That's about it though as far as Spring decorating goes in this house. LOL

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I have some silk daffodils and pansies that look really nice that I set out. I also have a spring table runner and dish towels for the kitchen. I used to have a real nice wreath I hung on the front door, but sparrows built a nest in it last year and by the time I noticed, the eggs were there, so I let it go until the babies flew off; it ruined the wreath so I need to buy a new one this year if I can find one I like. I probably won't set any of it out until early to mid-March though.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
momof4, I love the story about the sparrows building a nest in your wreath! We had house finches build a nest in a hanging planter that was right by our back deck steps, and that was so fun! But you're right, their nests get quite messy and I can see why you wouldn't be able to use your wreath again ;-)

Tulips are some of my favorite flowers. Thanks for the tip, MrsSoup. A trip to Wally World is in order!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
The sad thing, Holiday Joy, was that was the 2nd year in a row I let it happen! The previous year I left the winter wreath up longer and they ruined that one. I assume it is the same family coming back. At our previous house (only one street over) we had windowboxes in the front bedroom windows. Each spring a nest would be built in the one outside my son's window. Talk about being RIGHT THERE watching what was happening. It was really neat!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I haven't started decorating for spring yet. I did hang out a Happy Easter garden flag and take down Valentine's day. There's still snow on the ground, so spring things look a bit silly IMO. I'll give it another week or two, then get the spring things out.

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
I didn't know if it was too early yet but I definitely have spring fever. I've been anxiously waiting for the Easter stuff to come out at Wal-mart. Maybe next week I'll start putting stuff out. bunnylove

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I haven't decorated but I do have a uninvited company in my house. There's a fly in here. I haven't killed it yet cause I keep thinking it's a sign Spring is around the corner LOL