Starting a Christmas Notebook - A Beginner's Guide

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
MaryE I absolutely love your blog. It has definitely given me a boost in the Christmas spirit department. I decorate my kitchen in the gingerbread theme and you've given me some really great ideas.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I read the initial post. I like the part about making it your own. There are a few of the forms I print out and use, but my notebook is a beaded, padded, store-bought journal that came in a Christmas ensemble I bought on clearance about 5 years ago. Each year I write everything in that same notebook. I have pictures of placesettings, table settings, gift baskets, etc., lists...everthing goes in there. It makes me feel festive when I use it. I tried the three ring binder (several times with re-starts every year), but just didn't work for me. I can fit this journal in my purse, in my book bag for work, in my night stand beside the bed...it just works for me, so do not think you have to follow the "rules" for creating a notebook. Let it be yours that you like and can use. Personalize it and just use the things that pertain to you and your family.

Hope that helps and you have loads of fun getting organized for Christmas. Like SN said, no one is going to criticize you for doing too little or too much. We are all here to encourage one another to be ready for Christmas in even the smallest way possible!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
:) Such great advice.
I was thinking of using a smashbook this year to record Christmas & my planning. I'd love to just bling-it to the max.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lolwlias, I looked at Smashbook stuff at Michael's yesterday. You've given me a brainstorm to turn my red notebook into a smashbook type book. I'm not very creative or crafty...so we'll see what happens.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
:) Such great advice.
I was thinking of using a smashbook this year to record Christmas & my planning. I'd love to just bling-it to the max.

I LOVE the smashbooks...I gave them to several people as gifts last year. I use one for all of those pesky little ideas I tear out of magazines - just swipe the glue pen and smash it in! I never thought about using one as my Christmas NB. Keep us posted!