Stay safe CC & everyone from Flo.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Thank you Debbie!!! :grouphug:

They have already cancelled school for tomorrow and Wednesday and they just started today...there goes 2 vacation days for day before Thanksgiving and first Christmas vacation day....ughhh

Hopefully it is what they are projecting so far and just a mild level one hurricane but the winds will be strong enough for us to use electricity still.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
:rain: When you are done with Fay, please send her on to us! We are almost 12 inches short of rain here, after drought last year too...isn't weather funny, my mom lives in upstate NY and they have had too much rain...and a few years ago we had bad flooding here from 3 tropical storms that came through the mts...

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
CC and everyone in your area~

I'm glad Fay isn't of hurricane caliber any longer, but I know the winds and rains can be ferocious at times. I will be thinking of you and praying for your safety. I grew up with hurricanes, and I know the damage they can do. Stay safe, and may God give His angels charge over you.

:bigsnow:

Luckily so far Tropical Storm Fay has stayed below my area of Florida and looks to head Eastrly towards the ocean before trekking our way. The only thing we are worried about is they are projecting it to linger and strengthen in the ocean and then turn back towards Florida. BUT so far the projected return path is the northern most part of Florida and Southern Georgia. Which will mean the storm will just circle me.

If the path takes another drastic path it could be a different story. But so far so good. The kids are off from school today and tomorrow. They could have gone to school today since we only had some rain (no flooding)for less than an hour during school hours and no strong winds. Sometimes they make decisions too soon and now we lose vacation days from Thanksgiving and Christmas break because of it. If they kept the original decision of half day we wouldn't have had to lose these days!! Oh well!!!

give_me_a_latte

Retire Member
Jul 21, 2008
SE GA
christmascreations said:
so far the projected return path is the northern most part of Florida and Southern Georgia. Which will mean the storm will just circle me.

That would be me!! We haven't had a direct hit since the 60s!!!

give_me_a_latte

Retire Member
Jul 21, 2008
SE GA
Southeast GA...an hour from Jacksonville. Usually a pretty hurricane-free area :)

Ms_Speedy_Elf

MHH Member
Aug 16, 2008
Tennessee
mymerrychristmas.com
Any updates on how thing's are in the area's affected by Flo?

MY b/f's brother and his family live in Lehigh Acres and a guy that is in another forum I'm on lives in Melbourne and he posted some picture's of his area showing all the flooding in the trailer park where he lives.

I saw on CNN this morning that Melbourne is still getting the brunt. At least they were around 7AM EST.