Steamy Saturday 7-18-2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbell Ann

MHH Member
Jun 29, 2020
MO
It is supposed to be steaming Hot here again. With the temps and the mid 90's and the heating indexes and the 100's again.

We had Rain that cooled us down some last night but now it back to the heat.

Anyway I need to get my Butt moving and get some breakfast and then do my Bible and Prayer time.

Plan on having Hamburger and Cheese wraps for supper, other than that not much else planned other then trying to stay cool.

I hope to check back in later and see what going on.

Anywho time for me to get off of here for now.

Hope Y'all Stay safe and cool And Have a Blessed Day!

~Ashley~

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Good morning, everyone!

I'll be working today to finish getting everything out of the old house. DH will have to move a couple of bookshelves for me. Everything else is junky odds and ends and a few dishes.

DD24 was tested for COVID. She didn't hear back from the results. It was the one hour test. A child in her room at daycare tested positive, and she can't go back to work until she gets her results.

Ashley, it's hard staying cool this time of year. Even though it was hot here yesterday, the humidity was lower, so that was good.

Have a great day, everyone!

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Morning all MHHer

Today big plan is to stay cool. Count us in the gang of temps in the 90s/33 and heat index in the 100s/40.

Nothing really planned. Twillow still thinks I should go out in the heat for his canned cat food. I think not. He will have to suffer with the dry he's been eating for 8 years a little longer.

I will go to get DD friend to mop the floors hopefully this morning. She wants to look on Amazon for a shirt for a neighbor. And I'll give her the fairy I picked up the she also has wanted.

I need to work on menus for the coming week. I really have no excuse not to get it done. It doesn't take long. I should set guidelines for planning meals. Like Monday is meatless, Tuesday is tacos. Then if I didn't plan a menu I still have suggestions.

Do your best today. Doesn't mean be perfect. Just your best today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Should be hot and steamy here today too! was awake at 4:45 but didn't get up until 5:30 (didn't want to wake dh) but by that time I was feeling sore. Did my quick walk at 6:00. Then weeded in front of the house (wanted to wash the front windows but there is a wasp nest and I'm not going near there.. dh just got a new job to do... take care of wasps and wash front windows), took a shower and had breakfast. Laundry is going. Dishes are washed. Added more stuff to my to-do list. DH is gone to ds' for awhile.
Lunch will be something quick... I'm thinking sandwiches and such. Supper is at dh's cousin's house. Steaks on the grill I think.

will do some stuff this am, but planning a nap this afternoon and some knitting :)

Finally received my old navy order (took 1 month!). they left it outside garage yesterday... we saw the box this morning... good thing no thieves around here. Some socks and pants for Xavier. 1 pair of slip-on gold shoes for me and 3 camis (just this morning was thinking I need more camis with all this hot temperature.. didn't remember that's what was in my order :) ).

Later

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

Was up and went for a short walk--alittle after 6. Need to get back to walking..... Will work up to longer times. Ankle has been alittle sore. Think from wearing flat shoes for awhile. Allen came and picked me after he fed the fish in pond. We went for a Kubota ride. Saw deer and several turkeys in different spots.

Last night we went for a ride (as you can tell a normal nightly thing most of the time) and saw a doe with triplets. All walking in a line. So cute. And then on ours a fawn was laying.

After our ride this a.m. came home had breakfast, put Hallmark Christmas movies on (even tho it is in another room I can hear them), made my tea, Allens tea and have dishwasher going. Going to start in my room now. Allen went to get sheep feed and some groceries and then I hope he comes in here and works.

I better close and get me a glass of ice tea and get started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be in high 90s and heat index 105-110.

I am going to be inside!

Everybody have a GREAT day and take care!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
It’s Saturday. I felt under the weather yesterday afternoon. I haven’t been sick in like .... many months. Like before last fall. Besides going to the grocery store with my mask ... that’s been it. But last week I actually visited three different friends.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Good morning all! It is supposed to be in the low 90's today and hotter tomorrow. Sigh!

Today we are going to visit friends of our in NJ who w3 have not seen in a long time. We will be meeting DS and DDIL there. Looking forward to it. Even if we are socially distancing it should be a pleasant afternoon. I'm baking a gooey butter cake for dessert - what does one bring as a hostess gift? hand sanitizer?

Otherwise I guess I will just try to straighten things up a bit as Saturday is my day of rest and I see lots of fun stuff awaiting me on Sunday.

Since it's going to be so hot everywhere (except, perhaps, where Pamela is) so I just suggest that everyone stay cool and relax as much as possible!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Just placed a Gooseberry Patch order. Ordered 10 books (all under $6.50--some 2.95 and 3.45 I think) so that is 5 gifts, 1 prize and 4 for me!

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yes Hostess gifts of flowers, candy or wine might be changing to masks, hand sanitizers and lysol.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
It’s Saturday. I felt under the weather yesterday afternoon. I haven’t been sick in like .... many months. Like before last fall. Besides going to the grocery store with my mask ... that’s been it. But last week I actually visited three different friends.
Praying you feel all better soon..

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

Reactions: PamelaG and jampss

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone. As you already know we're in for another hot day here, sounds like a lot of you are too.

I have some eggs that had a used by date of today on them, boiled. If I keep enough energy I might boil some corn on the cob. Then again it might wait for another time.

Been doing washing & hanging laundry. Ashley & DH are trying to save one of our tomato plants that was knocked over again and one of the branches broken. We're pretty sure 1 of these zillion cats running around here did it. Oh well guess that's to be expected the animals don't know better but the owners could be more responsible with them IMO.

Finally got DH to put a small stackable storage space together. Only been asking off & on for about a month. Better late than never.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

Our A/C didn't want to cool down again last night. I'm wondering if it's not the thermostat and it just needs new batteries. I may pick some up today and try that. It did get cool again after a while, just took longer than usual. I had no trouble going to bed as it wasn't nearly as warm as it was the night before in here. We started turning the air down earlier yesterday. DH said he doesn't think it's working right after listening to it outside.

We had talked about going to pick seaglass this morning or kayaking the river but no solid plans were made and i'm not sure that we are doing either. Fine by me, there's always tomorrow morning. DH is working the afternoon range this weekend. I woke up with a snotty nose and some congestion, had to blow my nose and had some drainage. Not sure if it's allergies from our nightly walks, the air being turned down more than usual or something else. I've been coughing some but nothing major. I'm going to lock myself in the bedroom later and take the pre-assessment so I can schedule the objective assessment for tomorrow. That way if something should happen and I need to retake it I have time.

Ashley- That is one thing I don't miss about Missouri, the heat!
Jane- Oh man! I hope she has a negative results. There is such a misconception that children can't get this virus, but they absolutely can and several have died from it.
Diedra- Haha, Twillow! I was thinking of your ending line the other day and how I am going to stress to the students in MY classroom when I have one that all we can do is our best. That message is something i'm telling myself over and over right now.
Lucie- You have been busy already this morning!
Lana- I hope you get whatever work you want to done today! I love seeing deer and their babies, so sweet.
jampss- I hope it's nothing and was just a fluke day of feeling weird.
Debbie- Enjoy your visit! The cake sounds delicious!
Tricia- Hope the plant can be saved!

Enjoy your day!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Afternoon, everybody!

I will also be joining the hot-as-Hades club this weekend. I just cannot stand this heat and humidity. Yikes! I know I have said it before, but even as a child I did not handle it well. Now at 73, I still don't.

I have one quick errand to run today. I will do that soon. Here it is shortly after noon, and I have not had breakfast. So, I will eat, get dressed, and get going soon.

Will finish up kitchen today. Need to clean out the fridge. And empty trash. The joy I look forward to every week. Do I know how to have a good time or what?

Please take care of yourself and each other. Stay safe and be blessed!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Aloha!

Our A/C didn't want to cool down again last night. I'm wondering if it's not the thermostat and it just needs new batteries. I may pick some up today and try that. It did get cool again after a while, just took longer than usual. I had no trouble going to bed as it wasn't nearly as warm as it was the night before in here. We started turning the air down earlier yesterday. DH said he doesn't think it's working right after listening to it outside.

We had talked about going to pick seaglass this morning or kayaking the river but no solid plans were made and i'm not sure that we are doing either. Fine by me, there's always tomorrow morning. DH is working the afternoon range this weekend. I woke up with a snotty nose and some congestion, had to blow my nose and had some drainage. Not sure if it's allergies from our nightly walks, the air being turned down more than usual or something else. I've been coughing some but nothing major. I'm going to lock myself in the bedroom later and take the pre-assessment so I can schedule the objective assessment for tomorrow. That way if something should happen and I need to retake it I have time.

Ashley- That is one thing I don't miss about Missouri, the heat!
Jane- Oh man! I hope she has a negative results. There is such a misconception that children can't get this virus, but they absolutely can and several have died from it.
Diedra- Haha, Twillow! I was thinking of your ending line the other day and how I am going to stress to the students in MY classroom when I have one that all we can do is our best. That message is something i'm telling myself over and over right now.
Lucie- You have been busy already this morning!
Lana- I hope you get whatever work you want to done today! I love seeing deer and their babies, so sweet.
jampss- I hope it's nothing and was just a fluke day of feeling weird.
Debbie- Enjoy your visit! The cake sounds delicious!
Tricia- Hope the plant can be saved!

Enjoy your day!
Hope your congestion is just allergies and better soon.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Jane I pray your DD test is negative. And the child is all well soon.

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have some eggs that had a used by date of today on them, boiled. If I keep enough energy I might boil some corn on the cob. Then again it might wait for another time.

Been doing washing & hanging laundry. Ashley & DH are trying to save one of our tomato plants that was knocked over again and one of the branches broken. We're pretty sure 1 of these zillion cats running around here did it. Oh well guess that's to be expected the animals don't know better but the owners could be more responsible with them IMO.
Have you tried doing the corn in a slow cooker? I have not yet. I agree about the cats. I have Twillow on the hidden fence just like the dogs. Some neighbor lets their cat out all night. Often it catches a bird and throws it up on our sidewalk. Wish it would take it home first. lol

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Have you tried doing the corn in a slow cooker? I have not yet. I agree about the cats. I have Twillow on the hidden fence just like the dogs. Some neighbor lets their cat out all night. Often it catches a bird and throws it up on our sidewalk. Wish it would take it home first. lol
Diedra I didnt think about seeing if it could be cooked in the crockpot. Need to google that.

Thank you for being responsible for your furbabies.