Steamy Saturday 7-18-2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
You can also cook it in microwave. Keep the shucks on, wrap in damp paper towels. Cook for about minutes or so. Remove from mw, and unwrap, removing husks. Butter and salt per taste. If you want to add pepper, go ahead.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon!

It's hot here too! 92* and a high dew point....very hazy too. Early start to my Saturday because M now has soccer on Saturday mornings. I took her there, then made stops at Dollar Tree (where I bought 20 Rubbermaid containers to use for math tool kits at school :p), Aldi, Big Lots and ended up at Tractor Supply because J called and asked me to pick up black spray paint. He finally got the new mailbox post installed and the new mailbox will go on once everything dries! I am hoping this one fares better than the last one...the door on the front isn't even attached anymore. :D I'm sure it drives the mailman crazy!

I got home and started laundry. I made brunch for J and me. M just had toast. Then did the bills, ordered some birthday gifts online to be shipped to the recipients, and did some other puttering around. The last load of laundry is in the washer. Everything should be done by dinner.

I'm ready for a nap. I was up late, didn't sleep very well, and got up early to get M to practice. I think I'll read and probably fall asleep. It's take out night, so J is in charge of dinner. Yay me!

~peace and blessings~

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Hello everyone! Busy Friday evening - went to Whole Paycheck Foods (!), got everything I needed, stopped at Safeway for a couple of things that WF doesn't carry and found the foil trays that I used when I'm baking really messy things that take forever to clean up if I used a regular cookie sheet - usually 3 for $5.99 on sale for $2.97, score! Laundry, some computer work, and a whole lot of Netflix. Stayed up past midnight and was up about 8:00am this morning. Started in the bedroom (used to be master bedroom but I guess we're supposed to call it the owner's bedroom, or primary bedroom, or some other less politically-charged term) and the main bath. I think I like that better, main bedroom and main bathroom. My cordless Dyson shut off after 7 minutes and took over 3 hours to charge again. I thought for sure there must be something wrong with it and Googled. No, that's about the norm if I have it on high. So, definitely going get into the groove of one room a day. While it was charging, I attacked the guest bath and started my lamb browning for Lamb Korma in the Dutch Oven. Chopped the onions and ginger, peeled potatoes, and got that bubbling away. It smells like Mumbai in the house!

Worked on relocating some things from the guest closet and the hall closet, working now in the office, and waiting for the dishwasher to finish so I can unload and then tidy the kitchen and mop the floor. I'm a regular June Cleaver today.

IKEA called, delivery tomorrow between 10:00am and 2:00pm.

It's a sunny 75 degrees today. Please tell me that all of you who have these awful temperatures have air conditioning?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon!

DH and I went seaglass picking this morning and then had breakfast at the Cafe Haleiwa. Now you have to place your order at the counter, separated by plexiglass from the waitress, grab your own drinks (canned and bottled- even the water) from a stand up cooler and then they give you a number to put on your table. They bring the food out on recycled paper plates and give you plastic silverware so you can clean up after yourself. They are definitely following capacity rules as there were far less tables inside and they added some outside seating.

We came home and showered and relaxed and then DH headed to work. DD and I ran to the library to complete our Summer Reading since today is the last day. We picked up our prizes and each checked out a book or two. I have been piddling around since and did eat some lunch. I will go lock myself in my bedroom shortly and start my pre-assessment and get it out of the way. I got Reese Witherspoon's Whiskey in a Teacup book from the library and can't wait to dive in. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it before, so now I can read it this way.

Later friends!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good afternoon,
Sunday afternoon here and I am a little glum that the weekend is nearly over. It was a great weekend and I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I know that once I am there it will be fine, I am just having so much fun at home.
It has bee really pretty today but the wind is now starting to blow and I think it may be very cold tonight, will go out in a minute and cover the car.
Need to make lunches for tomorrow, I am thinking curried egg sandwiches may be nice.

I hope that you all remain safe and well.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good afternoon,
Sunday afternoon here and I am a little glum that the weekend is nearly over. It was a great weekend and I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I know that once I am there it will be fine, I am just having so much fun at home.
It has bee really pretty today but the wind is now starting to blow and I think it may be very cold tonight, will go out in a minute and cover the car.
Need to make lunches for tomorrow, I am thinking curried egg sandwiches may be nice.

I hope that you all remain safe and well.
Curried egg sandwiches sound delicious - can you share your recipe? I love curried chicken on sandwiches. I know, don't the weekends just fly by, that's why I want to keep up with my one room a day cleaning plan because spending the weekend cleaning is no fun.