Stir Up Sunday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HotMama

MHH Member
Oct 31, 2007
I wondered if anyone else made their Pudding, cake and mincemeat on Sunday in honour of Stir Up Sunday.

This year was great because I was able to get the whole family involved. DS-5 and DD-2 were able to zest the fruit and hubby helped me to chop the endless apples. It was really great fun and has been a tradition in my home for about 5 years now.

My mum always bought her pudding and cake and mince pies, so when I finally set up home I decided I would try to make them myself, as I love to dabble in home baking. My first year was a bit of a disaster and ended up buying some pies, but now it is a huge success and I hope as the kids get older and eventually move out of the home they will carry on the tradition.

The best part is when we all gather around the table and take a turn at stiring the pudding mixture before it is steamed, and each make a wish. Its so wonderful to hear eachothers wishes and hopes, and such a lovely start to the christmas season. I noe know christmas is on the way!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one to enjoy this wonderful tradition.

The kicker is you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour. LOL.
:skate:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've never heard of this day but I like the sounds of it. I'm putting it on my calendar for next year! Wonder how this got started.