Successes 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I got all the photos sorted into categories. Next step is to go through each category and pull out duplicates, idk who that is and bad photos. Making progress makes me happy.
I did that last night...and it felt amazing!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I will make chicken pot pie tonight!. It will use up some chicken (leftover from soup that I found in the freezer), a bit of mixed veggies, mushrooms and a crust I have.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jane- My brother and sil go to soooo many concerts.
He packs a picnic meal to have before the concert. He has taught me a lot about bringing something as opposed to going out.
When we went to Earth, Wind and Fire last year, he brought a plug-in skillet and in their hotel room, we made quesadillas with all the toppings before we went to the concert.
In a lot of ways it's more enjoyable and less stressful.

My success- My SIL unexpectedly texted that she was in town and wanted to come over.
I was in a training but offered to meet her somewhere after the training was over.
I was proud because my usual reaction would be to turn myself into a knot, making sure the house was ready and even run by the grocery store to get food for a meal. Even though I was given no prior notice.

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I just went through this whole list and am teary eyed about everyone's successes so far!
What a great thread idea, Miss Jane!!!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Took a day to take care of me. I pushed myself through, staying at work all day, every day this week even though I didn't feel like it. At least three days, I felt so bad, I wanted to come home at lunch. I paid for it in exhaustion.

Annie, we went on vacation one time, and I precooked several things or took things I could cook on a plug-in griddle or in the microwave. It was a fun time! I can certainly do it, it's just a matter of getting my mind wrapped around it! I think it's that we've become so accustomed to the ease of eating out when time is short - a mental adjustment more than anything else. hmph! lol

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We'll probably have a COTF - clean out the fridge - night every other week to take care of those smaller containers. Makes for an interesting combo meal but no waste.
We used to do that when all our children were still living at home. I would make, either, cornbread or biscuits and, sometimes, rice or mashed potatoes to stretch things far enough to feed us all.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2023-01-15 30 min walk with dh

2023-01-16 Yay for me! I had quite a few financial papers to deal with and they are done!!! been weighing heavily on my shoulders... and one I thought was the worst... took maybe 3 minutes!! they answered right away and it was done... now why did I put myself through all that anxiety for the last month?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
1/18/23
Yesterday, someone at work brought glazed donuts, my favorite. I did NOT eat one!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DH and I got online cellular service added to our Ipads today so we can go on line wherever there is Verizon!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2023-01-19 - 2 walks around the block, watched 1 ayurveda video, printed out fodmap questionnaires to fill for class, watched 10 min vacationer's spanish video, and one organizing video... working towards goals

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I am so so proud that when my new Director sent an email that upset me and I didn't know how to respond, I picked up the phone and called her.
I tend to not know how to deal with situations like that and I let them fester.
I didn't want that hanging over my head all weekend so I dealt with it head on.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm making progress in the spare bedroom!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Another one with New Director- (As you can tell, this has been a huge upheaval in my work life)
She put me on a weekly meeting that is Way out of my wheel house. Asking questions, assigning tasks that I have no experience or knowledge in.
She often directs questions to me in the meeting and I stammer with an answer because I do not know this information at all.
Insert deer in headlights look!
I came up with the brilliant idea for us to meet prior to the meeting to make sure any lingering questions were addressed
before meeting with the whole group. Worked like a charm!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I read two books this week while home sick!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did not let my anxiety get to me this week. At the judges workshop I was feeling a little out of my depth but then remembered it was training and that is what I was there for.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I finished my chemo and radiation treatments on Monday. I did have to go to the hospital for a procedure on Tuesday, but today is Wednesday and my success was not having to go anywhere this morning and going back to bed when I felt like sleeping.