Sunday 18th December

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This is it. One week to go and hopefully you are all in good shape with the wrapping and you can sit and enjoy the week before Christmas.
I, thankfully have finished wrapping but have left some paper and tags out for when DS gets home on Christmas Eve and may have a few last minute things to wrap.

Here is my to do list for next week once the gift closet is emptied in order to start planning for Christmas 2023.

* Clean the gift closet. Whatever or where ever your gift closet is give it a good wipe down. My GC is a shelf in my wardrobe so I will get up on the small ladder and give it a good clean.

*I will look at the boxes that I store items in. I use sturdy lidded cardboard boxes that photocopier paper comes in. They are strong and stackable and some are at least 10 years old. I will double check that all the corners are still strong and if not will tape them up. I also give the boxes a good wipe out to make sure nothing is lurking in them.
I will also note whether or not any need replacing or if they will last another year.

*I will reevaluate how my GC works for me. Do I need more/less storage? Is there a better way of organising my area?

*Before packing away the paper, tags, gift bags etc I will make a list of what supplies I may need for next year. Will I need tape? Back to school sales will start soon so I will pick some up. Do I need tags (I know I don't) or different wrapping paper? Look for these items now while the pre Christmas sales are on.
Also look for gift boxes, cookie tins etc that maybe at a great %off price now as shops are trying to clear stock.

*My wrapping station works for me but can it be improved for next year, do I need to plan meals ahead so that I am not so tired on wrapping days? What can I do to make the wrapping days more pleasant? (I am not a fan of wrapping lol)

*I know I have to look at how I store wrapped presents. At the moment they are all stored in large IKEA bags in my spare room. The problem is that I use that room for other things and I find it difficult to get in there and find what I need. I will need to work on this for next year.

So that is it for the last 'official' wrapping party of they year. Thank you all so much for joining in and I hope in some small way that the dates helped ease the load a little.
We will do a final "wrap up" soon where we can share our lessons learned, hints and tips for making life easier or just sharing how things were for us this year.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I wanted to add a comment that Michelle (MinnieCo) shared from Wrapping party dates 2021 which still makes me laugh out loud

"oh one other thing. I still giggle when I think my husband thought I was actually going to wrapping parties all year. I put the dates on the calendar and he says...Oh, we can't do such and such this week because you're gong somewhere to wrap. hahaha...Yeah, NO!! I wish!"

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina, I've enjoyed your posts this wrapping season. Honestly, knowing that others are out there wrapping away makes it feel less lonely. My family and I like the element of surprise for Christmas so it's extra hard work to hide gifts until they are wrapped. But hiding wrapped gifts makes me feel less stressed about ruining a surprise.

I will be wrapping gifts this week but I'm okay with it. Some still haven't arrived. Some are here but I didn't have time to deal with them because other timely matters needed my attention. One is hiding under layers of hanging clothes until the last minute. I was concerned that wrapping it too early would mess up the piece of clothing and I'm still in search for the perfect box for the item.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary,
My family although very much adults still enjoy the surprise when they walk into the loungeroom on Christmas morning.
DS is coming home on Christmas Eve and I know if I suggest putting things under the tree before he goes to bed it will be met with disapproval and he will say to wait until I go to bed. It goes to show you are never too old for the magic of Christmas

Last edited: