Sunday August 2nd 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Morning! Another hot one here

porch union.jpg

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Good morning Lucie! I guess everyone is sleeping in today.

It will be in the mid-80's today but cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. 90's again tomorrow.

DS and DDIL will be out later and DH will make a chicken on his Big Green Egg. Time to clear off the DR table and do some cooking and baking:)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

Very quiet this morning, unusual. I slept fairly well until 4:15 this morning. I stayed in bed until 5 and then got up. DH set his alarm, he said he was going to try to go for a sunrise ride and I was invited. I'm up and he's not, go figure. I don't think i'm going even if he does. I haven't charged my helmet from the last all day ride and there's rain moving around. I don't like to be wet.

Not sure what i'll get into today, maybe just relaxing. I do plan on running to the NEX to look for sandals and I want to get a small thing of lotion to have with me at school so my hands aren't destroyed with all that washing. I might also check the Class Six for margarita wine while i'm there. I want to start looking through my teacher's guide math book today and i'll log in and look through Wonders (it's the language arts curriculum we use). I'll probably do a lot of piddling or nothing as well.

Debbie- Enjoy your visit with the kids!

Enjoy your day!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day all. I haven't felt good this weekend. Started feeling off yesterday afternoon so trying to rest more. But wanted to say hi and check in on everyone today.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It is sooooo hot and humid, yuck! I had a small round plastic tub and used it for Xavier to play with water on the patio. He is presently asleep. we are now having a thunderstorm. It is coming down hard and fast, I'm sure it won't last long.
DH is in the gazebo practicing his guitar. I'm inside with xavier and the dog with a/c.
will go watch some tv and crochet.
DS just txted me he is back but is doing groceries right now. He'll be here afterwards.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Hi again!

I haven't done much of anything yet today. My throat has been weird, kind of hurting when I swallow and feeling raw like i've been yelling or something. Noticed it a lot yesterday. I was really tired this morning so ended up laying on the couch with DH for a bit and then got really cold so was covered with two blankets for a bit and fell asleep for a very short while. I don't think I have a fever, i'll check though when I go upstairs. I ordered more covers for the thermometer for when school starts so we don't run out. The thermometer won't work without one on. I just had breakfast so i'm going to get dressed and run to the NEX I think.

Back later!

Reactions: PamelaG

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Hello. My my, it is quiet on here. Quiet here in the house, too.

I scrounged through the freezers this morning and found 3 small-ish to medium-ish pork roasts - those are happily simmering in the crockpot. Potatoes are peeled and cut, ready to be cooked and mashed; and I'll boil a bag of baby carrots. I'll throw together a green salad a little later, and that will be dinner.

A friend texted me a while ago and asked if we wanted some peaches off his trees. I sent the kids with a grocery bag, and he sent them back with a big box full! Dgd sat right down and ate one - she said it was dee-licious. Fresh peaches for dessert?

The house is as clean as it's going to be for dd's family. I nearly hyper-ventilated last night when I realized dgs's 1,000s of legos were in the dining room. They're in bins, sorted by every color, neat and orderly. It took weeks to accomplish that feat. Can you just imagine the damage a 3-year-old boy could do with those? They are now safely locked up in dgs's bedroom.

Lunch is over, and I have time for a leisurely shower before company arrives. Have a good day!

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh GrammaDeb. The picture you painted of a three year old in a room filled with legos. Loved it. Glad they are moved to a possible safe place from a 3 year old. Looking forward to how it goes with this cutie.

I watered my plants this afternoon in the yard. The round up I sprayed on the previous owners garden has started to kill off the quack grass. I think I'll have to dig up the flowers, pot them up for a few weeks before I put them back. Or wait to replant them in the spring when I do another round up kill job.

LC3 worked yesterday. So help was here. DD was just worn out from the upset in her schedule this week. DD got her shower items together, laid out her towels yesterday and then said she just had to nap. Too tired for even a shower. So I gave her a shower this morning before she was worn out again. Workmen will be here this week to finish up mudding the drywall. Then they will be back to sand it. Then the house cleaning will begin. LCs and I have a plan in place for when they finish.

LC3 will be here Monday and Tuesday this next week. LC1 should be here the other three days. I do have to take some time to do a report for DD.

Enjoy the coming week.

Reactions: PamelaG

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Evening! it is now 6:15 and ds and Xavier just left with dh. I am pooped!

Since it rained so much dh went up in our attic to see if water was coming in where he did repairs. Seems not. Now he has gone to ds's house to check out the same thing.

Supper was easy... sent dh to the grocery store... they have the rotisserie chicken, fries, gravy and coleslaw for 4 for $18 which is a good price here and it is very good. we have some chicken leftover too.

think I'll turn in early tonight.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon!

DH, DD and I ran to the NEX. I picked up a little lotion for my purse and a multi-pack of pocket tissues to take with me to school too. DH found a belgian waffle maker and bought it, so we'll have those tonight maybe for dinner. The kids and I watched Because of Winn-Dixie and now we're watching The BFG. DD made brownies. I did nap again during the first movie.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good evening because it's after 5:00pm and I am just checking in. What did I do all day to make the time fly? Starting working on my resume and job application documents for a promotion opportunity that looks promising but stopped when I realized I didn't have one document I needed to upload. Tried to order a new skillet but the promo code wouldn't work and then I realized that it was only for colors with prices ending in .99 - only one color available and it couldn't be shipped, had to be a store pickup and none available in stores anywhere near me, grrrr. Talked to my sister for an hour, lovely to catch up. I've been keeping the e-mail inbox cleaned out but I hadn't tackled the Pending box - the place where I throw pending withdrawals, auto pays, and other things that need reconciling every so often. Cleaned out a ten-drawer rolling cart because I'm going to give it to Sophia for her classroom. Thinking about jumping back in to the blogging world so did a little research on some of my favorite monthly memes to see if they are still going, need to make a calendar of what's on what day of the month.

Tried to watch Netflix last night but Sophia and Vic were both watching something so I switched over to Amazon Prime and got hooked back into Foyle's War, a British crime drama series set in World War II. My new binge.

Time to take the trash out, fix some dinner, and get ready for the week ahead. Hope you all have a great week!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Evening!

Supper and dishes done. Getting ready to go shower.

Did 7 loads of laundry so will fold and put that away. 3 were sheets and comforters so they will go back on bed, 1 kitchen towels in dryer now, 1 bath towels and then a load of my work clothes and then Allens.

I cleaned the kitchen counters, island and bar off today. Looks so nice! Had table pretty cleaned but alittle more on it. Would like to finish it tonight too but will see.

This a.m. about 6:30 Allen ran some garlic over to the neighbors (she had texted alittled earlier) and he said it was 61. I haven't been out all day. :( Allen asked a couple times if I wanted to go on a side by side (Kubota) ride but I said this stuff needs done while I am in the mood.

Need something to put on my bar in the middle. I have some stuff to work with so will see.

Lucie, isn't it fun having a little one around?

Jess and Tricia, hope you are feeling better.

Debbie, very good choice putting up the legos! LOL! Hope all went good.

Debbie, glad the kids are coming out to see you guys.

Diedra, you are so organized!

Pam, sounds like you got some stuff done this week-end.

Hope all sleep well!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hello, everyone.

Just checking in before going to sleep. Busy day here. We went to Sunday school, but my tummy hasn't felt very well since about 2:30 this morning, so after I taught my SS class (with my mask on), I came home, but DH stayed for church. I watched the live stream from home. We ate lunch and loaded the remainder of DD24's things and took them to her in Ruston. When we got home, we went to DBIL and DSIL's house to pick muscadines. We visited with them for about 30 minutes - at properly social distancing.

I bathed when we got home because there was poison ivy and redbugs out there where we picked he muscadines. I already had about five redbugs on me from us going out there last week to see if the muscadines were getting ripe. Don't want any more! We cooked some supper, ate, and I watched Worst Cooks in America finale, paid some bills, and that's about it.

Hope you all rest well. Night, friends.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good evening,
I was going to write this morning but DS could not find his car keys and I spent my free time looking for them. He found them under his pillow!:oops:

The weekend was spent with a two day DrillDance workshop so did not get on here at all. I will go back and read posts later.
I am at work, should be finished in about 1/2 an hour or so. It has been a pretty quiet day.
Once I get home it will be dinner and a long bath for me, my feet have been freezing all day and will not warm up.

I hope that you are all having a great rest,
Speak tomorrow
XOXO

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Good evening,
I was going to write this morning but DS could not find his car keys and I spent my free time looking for them. He found them under his pillow!:oops:

The weekend was spent with a two day DrillDance workshop so did not get on here at all. I will go back and read posts later.
I am at work, should be finished in about 1/2 an hour or so. It has been a pretty quiet day.
Once I get home it will be dinner and a long bath for me, my feet have been freezing all day and will not warm up.

I hope that you are all having a great rest,
Speak tomorrow
XOXO
Sounds like my son! hahaha