Super Bowl Party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
****o everyone! We are planning (hoping) to host a small group of friends to watch the Super Bowl on February 7th. Everyone will bring an appetizer and my DH will make real Philly cheesesteaks for the game.

I am looking for a dip recipe that incorporates crab, spinach, artichoke and parmesan cheese...I can find lots of recipes that include 3 of the 4 ingredients, but not all. I had originally seen it in a magazine like Better Homes or Family Circle. Does anyone have such a recipe that they'd be willing to share? It was delicious and has been officially requested by my BIL!

Is anyone else planning a party? I found great football plates & napkins and green tablecloths with hash marks at Target. Although plain green tablecloths would work just as well.

I am also going to try to make a "stadium cake" and use decorated Teddy Grahams as the players...I have the pan (a gift from my SIL a few years ago). I love this one!
http://2thelion.blogspot.com/2007/01/stadium-cake.html

Any other ideas?

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I will search for that recipe after work tonight. It sounds so familiar and I may have it somewhere!

I have made football shaped brownies for the super bowl too! I love to use those football shaped plastic bowls for chips and such. Our Steelers won't be in this year, but we'll probably still do something as a family with some of our favorite football foods.
Here's a link to some of the stuff I make:http://catholicmomof2.blogspot.com/2008/10/football-food.html We also love Beefy Taco Dip, too,

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Good friends have mentioned that they are going to host a Superbowl party-and they have a brand new hi-def tv...DH will be in heaven! Here's hoping the Cowboys make it!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Neighbors are hosting a small super bowl party - the host dh has a tradition of making chili (vegetarian) and corn bread. We are bringing homemade cole slaw and beer. And raw vegetables with that healthy dip that someone made for our First Wednesday gathering. Yoghurt with tons of chopped fresh herbs - a little garlic and lemon juice to taste. Really good with sliced sweet peppers. And the store had a sale on red and orange sweet peppers!

We may invite everyone here to actually WATCH the game after we eat -- since the host's TV is very small. And nobody wants to be scrunched together tightly for the whole game!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
No party for us...no one can travel due to the snowstorm. My brother and his wife and my BIL and his wife were supposed to come for the weekend but can't make it now. It will just be us and we'll try to make the best of it!