Superbowl

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Anyone planning anything for Superbowl this year??!!!

Right now I don't have any plans.

May just hang with my parents and eat snacks.

Go Seahawks!

Annie

winters momma

MHH Member
Sep 10, 2013
Houston, Texas
No plans.......I will probably watch with my husband for as long as I can.....which should be the first 2 minutes of the game. I am not a sports fan by any means. And my husband loves football. The puppy bowl will be on the animal planet channel....I love watching that. Unless, there is a snowstorm where the superbowl will be, at least for me, it would make it interesting to watch.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
No plans for me this year!!!! Since DH is not here I will probably watch whatever is on HGTV

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
No plans, except to catch Bruno Mars at half time. I love his music...as inappropriate and trashy as it gets...the beats are so 70s/80s.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
We had our big festivities for the Playoffs. Now that the SeaHawks won, we'll have to do something special again. Might be at a friends house. I'll have just gotten back into town though. I might prefer sweatpants and the couch.

PlayOff Menu we just had: Nacho Tray, Lipton Onion Dip with Chips, Huge Veggie Tray (which was 100% gone by the end of the game), Steaks, Potatoes, Salads and lots of wine.

SuperBowl: Thinking Pizza. (But may do a Hot Artichoke Dip). Still pondering.

What can we do with Orange and Blue and Green and Blue? The men in my family are split between the SeaHawks and the Broncos. Both sides are grumpy losers too! :)

Go Hawks! Go Broncos! (I'll cheer depending on who is sitting next to me). I'm a fan of both quarterbacks. What to do?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We don't have any plans unless the other husband-less ladies want to get together and have a party of some sort, i'll have to see and maybe plan something. I don't care too much for football on TV (real life in person games-sure) but I do like to see the commercials so I know what everyone is talking about the next day.

Lisa- I love Bruno Mars too. A little peeved that they added in another act just because they didn't think many would know who he was. I think he's pretty popular, he's had a bunch of hits.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
We don't really do anything for it. I am sure we will have it on but the boys don't watch and DH doesn't care who wins. It is always so late and the kids have school the next day so we don't go anywhere.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Bruno does have a lot of hits. He is on the Pepsi commercials now, too.

Shannon...we don't care who wins either. Lol. My school is actually off the day after....too many call offs, so they jut close.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
We've been going to the same friends' house every year since before the kids were born so that's where we'll be again this year. Tons of food, beer and just enjoying a friendly atmosphere to watch the game.

Lisa, I wish more schools would be closed. Actually sounds like a smart idea.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
don't really follow football but will still try to make a small event of it. chicken wings and pizza maybe?

still forgot the date... will have to look it up or ask ds. He will be following with friends for sure. don't know if it's here or elswhere though.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Oh yeah...I'm in Bronco land here!! I'm not a huge football fan, but I do usually play cook on superbowl sunday and make hot wings for my hubby. I woke up from my nap (taken during the playoff game) and told my husband.. "I guess this means I'll be making a double batch of wings". Sure enough, he invited all the kids over yesterday and the number of people coming has grown. AT this rate, we'll have to have both TV's going, because we can fit everyone in front of the big screen. It will be fun having everyone over. The Bronco's have lost so many dang superbowls though, so hopefully the outcome will be a good one!!

I have to laugh, because after the win, I called my daughter in college and told her..okay girl, you may not watch football, but this is a perfect opportunity to host a SMALL get together at your place and invite the boys!! As usual, she's like..it's so scary how we thing the same way, because she'd already told her cousin the same thing. So I have to mail her a Bronco superbowl shirt now for her party. :)

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lisa- I remember in previous years that you all were off but I thought it was just because the teams in your area were actually IN the Superbowl!

So, you are off even when your teams aren't in the Superbowl??!!

Wow! That is funny!

MinnieCo- Great that your dd is hosting a gathering!!!!

Annie

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
My sister in MO hosts a huge Superbowl party with over 50 people. Her DH & 2 sons are huge football/sports fans.

My DH doesn't watch sports but I still appreciate the ceremony and fun associated with big games and I like to watch the commercials and half time show. And I love an event that focuses on the food! I like to try out a new chili recipe or fun sandwiches on the day. Snacks too!

The first football season we moved here, the Buccaneers won the Superbowl so I know how exciting it is to be in a city where their team is a part of it. MinnieCo-how fun for you!

Lucie-It is February 2nd this year. Same as Groundhog Day, another fun event to watch the groundhog ceremonies on the Weather Channel.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm planning on doing anything but football. You guys enjoy!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Are you getting ready for the 2015 SuperBowl?????

A neighbor, across the street, used to always host a SuperBowl Party. (Small). Last year…. we were in Seattle for the SuperBowl (not FOR the SuperBowl… we were just there for a visit)! Anyway… the neighbor did not have her SuperBowl Party last year. And…. it looked like she was not going to have one this year…. either. So…. I called and asked if she would like to come here… and she jumped at the chance! She always has invited her old college roommate…. who lives in the neighborhood… so I told her that I would invite the roommate's family. The neighbor just sent an email that she had invited the roommates family for me…. and they are coming…. and what time?

So… that will be 3 kids and 6 adults. Not too big a gathering! Has anybody started thinking about food yet? The neighbors who used to host…. are vegetarians…. and always did a vegetarian chili. I guess that is what I should do. WITH chips and guacamole. I guess a raw vegetable platter would be healthy!!!!! I saw ham on sale….. maybe ham sandwiches too? (For the meat eaters). The guests usually bring beverages. I think that I brought a chocolate "Superbowl Cake" one year for dessert.

What do you think?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Scrappin'

I use to scrapbook at my favorite scrapbooking store for Super Bowl but the store has closed. Maybe I'll set up the kitchen table for scrappin'. DD can scrap Twillow photos and I can start getting set up for an all day scrap workshop in March at our local community center.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
We do it for the commercials and the food. At least this year we know who's playing.

Having wings, cold cuts for sandwiches, Nacho dip, some cheese and crackers and a dessert. We're having 2 couples over.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
We get together with people from our church-one couple usually hosts-they have some kind of soup and beverages, and everyone brings party food...I am taking the warm cheesy bacon dip that is our January recipe-perfect timing!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
We had considered having people over to enjoy football 9n the big tv with the new living room however with the couch not here and the room half done I am guessing not now. Guess we will put it off till Daytona 500. DH wants to do finger foods for the boys.