Table settings

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Dh buys Corona at Christmas and that's just about the only time. So I saved the two cardboard carriers(they folded up flat)to use as cutlery carriers for summer BBQ's. Do es anyone else have other creative tablescape ideas?(I picked mine up from a pub this fall)

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I use a round basket to hold my paper plates on the picnic table. I use a longaberger one, but any 9 inch round basket would do. It keeps them from blowing away and looks cute.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Well, great minds must think alike, JackFrosty! I used the beverage carriers from Sonic-cardboard, similar to the old Coke cartons or the Corona ones you are talking about, painted them and put some scrapbook paper on them to fancy them up a little. I put napkins, fork, spoons, knives and whatever else needs to go out to the back porch for lunch or dinner in it. Works great-it was free and it's very sturdy, and I can replace it easily when it tears up!

I also have a couple of thermos bottles and a thermos carafe for taking coffee and hot chocolate out to the porch. We love to do this when it snows (if it ever DOES snow here again) and build a fire in the firepit and watch the kids play in the snow. Fun!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Vickie! those sparkly candles are beautiful. So simple, but so elegant! You could do those for any holiday! I'm thinking red and silver for Valentine's Day and then again for the patriotic holidays! Thanks for the ideas!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Also, my niece is getting married in April (I can hardly bear it...she's my baby!). I'm thinking these candles would make pretty centerpieces for the guest tables, sitting on a mirror base...with some sparkly stuff laying on it...and on the serving tables, as well. Do you mind if we steal your idea?

Her colors are red and purple (actually very pretty together) and she wants daisies and lilies. The girl should have been getting married in the 60's, honestly. She is such a little hippy! I'm thinking red candles with clear or silver beads, and then purple candles with silver beads....

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Vicky, I love the photos, but the link to the first kitchen tablescape didn't work for me. It may be something on my computer.

The bad thing about your blog is that now I'll have to spend hours tomorrow checking it all out. It's fantastic!!!! :jumpinghearts:

Carin

MHH Member
Oct 21, 2007
I have made what I can the "Canyon basket" (We live in the mountains), however it is not a basket but rather a tub with a lid. I love to find a bargain, so everything in it was purchased on clearance. In the summertime, I just pull it out for backyard BBQ's or take it in the car for picnics. Everything is there except the food. It has plates &/or plate holders (for paper plates), a basket for napkins, Silverware, insulated cups, an Ice bucket, Bowls (big and small), Hot dog trays, and several platters & baskets. I have a basket with a zip in liner that keeps hot foods hot. I have a chip/salsa basket-type of tray with a removable dish that holds dip/salsa. I have an Oval basket that can hold buns etc. There is a basket that holds plates, and silverware. I have 3 tableclothes and the clips that hold them to the table. I also have wiremesh food covers to keep away pests, and 4 trays that I use to carry food outside to the back yard. I have also included some card games, frisbee, etc.

It is all red & white and it looks great. I feel very sure I paid less than 50% of the original price for any of it. It is so convenient as well. So, if you can be patient until clearance time rolls around....you can put something like this together if you wish. I get compliments on how nicely everything looks, and it is so easy.

:party:

Carin

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Carin, great idea! I'm going to file it too. Now to think of a clever name I could use...

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I finally got to see the Christmas village. It's so cute. What a great idea! :pink:

Vickie

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Thank you! It was a really fun project. The link was wrong and I fixed it. Glad you were able to see it.