Taking good halloween pictures..

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Here are the tips I found at http://holidays.kaboose.com/halloween-pictures.html

"The most important guideline," says DeLaney, "is to know exactly what you want to be the subject of your picture. Then, when you look through the viewfinder of your camera, make your subject the most important thing in the frame and try not to show anything that distracts from it. The second guideline is to try to capture the 'feeling' of the occasion too."

To read more tips follow the link above....there are a ton of good ones.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Great tips!
Last year for our halloween party I set up a picture taking station-I had hay bales, mums and pumpkins, with enough room for all the groups of people to gather. It was a big hit...plan to do the same this year! I had everyone pose as they entered the back yard for the party, so I don't think I missed anyone.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Ahorsesoul, am I doing something wrong? When I click on the link, I don't see any pictures of pumpkins. . .

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
How did you guess????? I've been a Halloween lover for as long as I can remember. I stopped trick or treating at 18 (fortunately, I'm not tall) because my boyfriend (now DH) thought it was too childish. Now I dress up (my kids dont anymore 14 & 16) to give out the candies and I decorate the house too!!!!

YEAH FOR HALLOWEEN!!!! :jack: :boo: :hat:

Sounds like fun luludou. I haven't dressed up the past few years since I moved down here to Florida. I have a Cinderella costume but it is somewhere in storage and I couldn't find it last year. Oh well I'll have to try again this year!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I was the first one around here (am not from this town originally) to dress up to give candies. The kids were all surprised!!! Now there are a few others who do it too.
It's always fun to see the kids react! Last year I was a sadist doctor... dressed up as a doctor but full of blood on my apron and bits of bones & eyeballs sticking out of my pockets. It was so funny one small kid (around 3) looked at me all discouraged and told me "you're all messy"!!

Oh and I guess DH is starting to accept the fact that I'll probably always dress up for Halloween!! lol! But I always make my costumes from bits & pieces - they hardly cost anything - anyways they are the most original. :hat: :ghost:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
For the past 6 years I have used my bridesmaid dress from my sisters wedding for part of my costume. I paid $200 to have this dress made and swore up and down I would find a use for it. It is gold with black lace ontop of it makes the perfect witches dress. I love Halloween and decorate big time for it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
KimD, That is the best use of a bridesmaid dress I have ever heard. Love it. I see a scrapbook page with one of the wedding photos and then one of you as a witch. lol You made my day.