Target clearance and Half-Price Book store finds

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I posted this on another thread here but will post again and add to it.

I was at Target yesterday and browsing the 4 aisles of Holiday stuff they still had on clearance 75%. I ran into a friend who works there in doing clearance stuff. I commented that they seemed to have a lot left this year. She told me they still had at least 15 PALLETS of holiday stuff that needed to go out on the floor in the back storage area. She told me check back and it would go to 90% off probably Sunday or Monday! Wow!

I also picked up some odds and ends at Jo-Ann's at 70% off.

BUT - my fun finds were all at Half-Priced Bookstore. All their holiday stuff was 50% off. I found some very fun, unusual advent calendars( just the open the window kind). They were all European. $2.50 on sale. They also had small greeting card size/mailable advent calendars, $1.50 on sale. Very fun. I got a box of Happy New Year greeting cards. And a couple of books. A children's book I have never seen before called A Dozen Silk Diapers by Melissa Kajpust ($1.00 on sale) and a book/kit called Letters to Santa: A book and Letter-writing kit for $3.50 on sale. It has a book and stationary,envelopes, stickers, postcards, pencil, pen and eraser all for writing Santa letters. Very fun finds! They also had tons of nice holiday cards and holiday craft/Martha Stewart-y type books on clearance too. SO don't forget to check Half-Priced Books!

pixiestick

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Wow! I noticed our Target had a lot of stuff too..wonder what else they have in the back!! I'll definitely be heading out there when the kids head back to school on Monday!

Last year I loaded up on Christmas jewelry-you know the gaudy, Christmasy stuff with charms and beads on stretch bracelets, pins like your grandma wore, dangly earrings with tiny jingle bells on the end...the kind most people only wear at Christmas time! Not me! I found about 6 different kinds of snowflake pins and two or three snowflake bracelets, which I wear all winter!! I also found a bead and charm stretch bracelet by Christopher Radko for only 50 cents-it had been over $15! I wore it all December this year. I don't think I paid over $5 for the entire lot of stuff I bought last year!

Thanks for the heads up!! "heartstrings:

Shawni

MHH Member
Dec 31, 2007
I went to target today and to my surprise things were already 90% off. Things were picked over, but I still managed to get $200 worth of stuff for $20.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
hmm, would love to get over there, but tommorrow is my last day with my girls before they go back to school, so I was going to declare tommorrow pj day- make cookies, watch movies cuddled up on the couch together, ect.

I hope there will be stuff left the next time I can get over there.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I went back today and it's really picked over. However, everything is 90% off and I picked up a 6' tree for $2.00. I also got some small ornaments for our little trees for 29 cents, some packages of paper napkins-including a big package of solid red, good for all year round-VDay, July 4th, Tuesdays, etc...(I use red in my kitchen, lol!) for 29 cents each, a spool of raffia ribbon for 19 cents...all in all, about $40 worh of stuff for $4.

Did I tell you about my rabbit I found last week for 75% off? He was an outdoor decoration, according to the tag, but he's an indoor one, now. See a picture of him at my blog...just posted it! I paid $3.24! Love it!

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
our target had nothing left, I did get one shirt for dd for 45 cents. But other than that they had candy canes and that was it. :sad: