Target Dollar Spot Alerts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I am starting this thread so we can alert each other to items that show up in Target Dollar Spot......We don't have a Target in our town...one about 15 minutes away so if I know of good items in the Dollar Spot I will make the trip. Also good items also go pretty fast....so here's the place to alert your MHH friends to items you find in Target Dollar Spot and feel free to comment on how you are going to use them if you would like.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Our closest Target is about 20mins away and I rarely go there. Our local mall which is about 3 minutes away is expanding and we are getting a Target. Hope they have a Dollar Spot. I'm sure that they will have different items but I am excited.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I love the Target Dollar Spot...I'm usually there once a week (for diapers, etc...) I'll keep you posted.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
Our closest Target is 45 minutes away so if there is something special that I know of before hand, I will make the trip. It's a little to far to just go over to check and see. Thanks for being so considerate and starting this thread for us.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I went to Target today just to waste some time since we were in town earlier than expected for the oil change. They had lots of woven bags and pool noodles for $1. They also had small dustpans and little brushes to help sweep the dirt into them with. My daughter loves to help with stuff like that. I grabbed an accordion folder to keep papers or Christmas wish lists in for $1.

Berta

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
Our local Target had teacher stamps (4/pkg--two different styles) red ink pads, small accordian folders, write on wipe off daily class schedule, metal mesh waste cans in bright colors like teal and hot pink, magnetic notepads in "green" theme, some 4th of July items, and baby socks. There were other items, but I've forgotten them. I suspect more BTS items coming every week now.

It seems that the items are different in different parts of the country...DSis has different items in Atlanta!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Thanks for starting the Dollar Spot blog. Our nearest is 50 miles away. I don't get to Target much because it's so far away.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
This week our Target had lots of back to school items...mirrors and organizers for lockers, desk accessories (fabric cubes, pencil cup, waste basket, etc.), character lunch bags (ziplocks), crayons, pencils, pencil cases, rulers, and teachers' planners, reward stickers, folders and stamps.

That's all I can remember. It was clearing out fast though, so they'll probably have a complete turnover next week.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I will have to definately keep checking back on this thread. We are doing a santa shop at the elementary school and are looking for lots of items that are a dollar. And any reason for me to get to Target I love!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
ChristmasCheer - If you keep a regular eye out at Target very often their $1 items get dropped to 50 or even 75% off - that can really make your dollar stretch!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Just giving an update on my local Target (San Pedro, CA)....Nothing!! LOL!! Looked like lots of leftovers...hopefully they'll restock soon!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I was at Target today...lots of Halloween items in the Dollar Spot:
Peanuts/Great pumpkin lip balms
Great Pumpkin coloring books
Halloween mini notebooks
Halloween pens (Jack-o-lantern, ghost or witch toppers)
Halloween scrapbooking papers and stickers, alphabet stickers, etc.
Jack-o-lantern mini pails
Halloween pack of pencils (10 count, I think)
Glow in the dark Halloween stickers
Halloween gel clings
Glitter chandelier &/or candelabra (these were in flat packages - 2 pieces each that fit together to make it 3D - $2.50 - black or purple - they looked a lot like the ones in Martha Stewart's magazine last year)

Non-Halloween items:
various workbooks (letters, math, etc.) at 30% off
Summer clearance pails & shovels 30% off
Swim goggles in various colors

That's all I can remember. In the regular section they were just putting out their Halloween items (costumes, candy, etc.) No decor items out yet.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
JeniferDwn - I haven't seen them in my target either, but the assistant manager told me that lots of the Christmas "dollar" stuff will be out next week.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
What kind of tents are you looking for?

I didn't see them last year, but several people talked about them. They are actually for puppies I think. There was a gingerbread house, an igloo and I think a princess one. They were $2.50 and they were the perfect size for elves. Our Target is on the "other" side of town from where I live and work and I just don't get in there too often.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
:santa:
Yes, I at first wondered, "What kind of tent could be for $1!!" Well, how cute is an elf tent! Funny!