Tell it all Tuesday, 7-21-2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Good morning, fellow MHHers! Tell us something about yourself that we do not know about you!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Hello! I feel like you know all about me. But let me rack my feeble brain for somethin. Ok...I don't like trains. I don't like riding them and especially being stopped by one. And now you know!

Yesterday was a horrible day. I don't even want to talk about it. Stephen got to talk to Melanie yesterday. He is feeling a wee bit better. Please keep those prayers coming. They are working.

Supposed to have quilting this afternoon. Even tho it won't be in the 90suntil

Last edited:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
You already know this, but I am stupid! Pushed the wrong button.

It isn't to get to the 90s until the weekend, I don't know if I want to get out in the heat and humidity. My knees hurt from my fall yesterday. My wrists and hands are creaking with arthritis. Ok, done with whining.

Slept fairly well last night, but woke up early. Been awake since about 5:30. Hmmm, think I will try for some more shuteye.

You all have a great day! Remember to check on the elderly and those who are not feeling well. Lester Holt, of NBC News, has a sign off line: "take care of yourself and each other". Stay safe and be blessed! TTYL

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Morning,
Very hot here. All of the supplies I'd ordered for my Christmas gifts for the girls have gone missing in the mail, and the items are mostly sold out now. Also had ordered a pattern for their Halloween costumes, which has also gone missing. I'm at the point where when a company ships Canada Post I avoid them. I've had quite a few packages go missing in the last couple weeks, so getting frustrated - especially when I can't get out to get things in person.

Hmm....Pam....well, I guess just to be contrary my thing will be that I absolutely love trains :) I love seeing a train approaching, chugging into a station. I love the sound of the whistle blowing. I love (or at least did before SmartPhones) getting on a traincar where I know no one and having great conversation with complete strangers. I love sleeping in a berth, surrounded by the heavy curtains that probably haven't been replaced since the sixties and letting the motion and sounds of the train rock me to sleep. I love waking up in the morning far from where I went to sleep and smelling the scent of fresh coffee wafting through the train cars. To be fair, my family worked on the railway since it began so I associate it strongly with family and freedom. I could ride for free as a kid and if I was bored or just needed to get away I could hop on a train. :) I miss that terribly.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Mornin Pam and All!

Got up earlier to shower. Ironed my clothes, went to empty dishwasher to put some others in and they aren't cleaned so Allen will look at that. Went to put a load in washer and Allen had load in dryer and Ryan had one in washer! Nothing like trying to get ahead and being at a stall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm....... I don't like rock roads. In high school my friend Tina and I wrecked on one. When left work early (nursing home on Sunday night saying we had to study and we wanted to go see Allen and Dave) and I didn't know the country way so Tina drove and it was dads '65 mustang he was in process of restoring and she was going to fast on the rock and hit ditch other side ditch and it flipped car in other direction and I ended up in drivers seat and Tina on my lap. Car was totaled and I was bruised to heck. Parents didn't give no excuse for P. E. either. I was married and had Ryan before they knew Tina was driving. Then dad got a '66 convertible mustang and I never had keys for it. LOL!

Tonight is Aunt Imogene at 5:15. See about weather. Could be severe. Today is coolest day about 88 and then back to 90s.

Last night I didn't do half of what I wanted. Oh well, another day today.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Good Morning,
I had to set an alarm, because I have a doctor's appointment at 9:00. Not sure what will happen today. I let DH drive the day too often thus I don't do what I want to do. Our approach to daily activity is do different. He is do a little rest a little etc. My approach is there's a job to be done let's do it and I don't stop until it's done. I am still trying to figure out how to live with a retired husband. lol

What you don't know about me, I worked at a bank in a loan department when I was first married, my job was to take credit applications over the phone from local auto dealers and call it into the credit bureau and they would give me the credit history of the applicant. How archaic that is now! I worked there for almost 4 years and was laid off because of the economy.

Have a great day.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning to all. what you dont know about me is i dont like rude people -scared of snakes and mice. another hot day . going to be looking at cookbooks today like to see about new recipes for christmas. have a good day. stay cool

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Good morning! Starting to rain here. We are in need, very dry and dusty. so much for spray basting my quilt out side today.

I finally pulled my moms cast iron skillet out ( been packed away since 2011) re- seasoned it, and I am going to make pizza in it tonight. I have odds and ends in my freezer to use up, who knows what we will end up with.

Will work on masks today since I can’t do my quilts. I need to pay some bills and order gifts from amazon. We finally decide on a movie basket for our friend with Alzheimer’s. I want to look local for movies first, though I’m not sure anybody has much right now.

Something you don’t know about me, I can’t swim. Swimming lessons as a kid, several boyfriends tried to teach me, swimming lessons in college, and 2 husbands later, I still can’t swim at 63. I sink like a rock and I’m not all that coordinated either. It hasn’t stopped me from having fun. I have white water rafted, water skied, snorkeled and sailed on a catamaran when I lived in Guam and was pretty good on our jet ski. I lived in my life vest on the water and everybody knew I was a non swimmer. I’ve been wanting my husband to try to teach me again so we could swim laps. Maybe someday.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Good morning all! Going to be over 90* again today!

You probably don't know that I was Bas Mitzvah'd (the women's equivalent of the man's Bat Mitzvah at age 13) at the age of 40 with a group of 20 other women. When I as growing up the local synagogue did not Bas Mitzvah women and it was something I always wanted to do. It involved learning a bit of Hebrew and reading the Torah in front of the congregation. The group had a lovely ceremony on a Saturday morning followed by a group reception with friends and family.

Going to have an early dinner with a friend today. Don't know what will happen before that. More piddling, I guess. Not yet inspired to start something big.

Pam - hugs to you and all who you love
Jody - same problem with DH here. When we're not buys outside the home he just watches TV or asks me questions
Amelia - cast iron is great for cooking
FS - hope you can find what you need for your Christmas gifts
Tricia - looking through cookbooks is one of my favorite pastimes - enjoy
Lana - hope you get to see Aunt Im

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I love reading all these things about everyone. I love the water, doesn't matter if it's the ocean, lake, or bathtub. I need to be close to the water and visit it frequently. I take a bath almost every night even if I already took a shower that day. I love to visit the beach even if I don't get into the water, the sound of the ocean and just being close to it is necessary to me. When we don't live near the ocean then I have to be near a lake. Water is cleansing to my soul and helps ground me. A bath every night helps me shed all the excess energy of the day that doesn't belong to me and draw my energy back to me.

I ended up with a migraine-ish headache last night so took my bath and meds and read in bed early. I can do the botox every 90 days and it's normal to start getting headaches again towards the end of the timeframe. I'm actually getting my injections early, on the 3rd. I hope I won't start getting migraines too frequently. This morning I have a VA telemed appointment and then my mentor call. I need to go to the Commissary for a few things and that's about it for today.

Pam- You aren't stupid, it happens. You fell yesterday? What happened?
FS- I'm so sorry about your missing packages. I hope they will turn up eventually!
Lana- Ugh, I hate going to put something in the washer or dryer and there already being clothes in there. Pet peeve.
Jody- DH and I have different approaches too I think. I like some warning before going somewhere and he likes to just come downstairs and say, are you ready? Drives me crazy. haha
Faye- Hope you find some good recipes!
Amelia- I love that your not being able to swim didn't stop you from enjoying the water.
Debbie- That is so cool! I bet it was an amazing celebration for you.

Enjoy your day!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
What a great thread - so many interesting things we didn't know! I'm deathly afraid of roller coasters, I once had a dream that I would die falling out of one so as you can imagine, I'll never ride one again. We were on Splash Mountain at Disney World in 1999 (I know, not really a roller coaster, is it?) and we were delayed slightly just moments before we were to climb and come down the main chute. It was all Vic could do to pin me down in the car, I so wanted to jump out and head for the emergency exit door. I stayed but the photo they shot as we came down, oh my goodness, the look on my face says it all...NEVER AGAIN!

Halfway through the morning here at work on my last day filling in, back to my own office tomorrow. It's been nice, especially to see all the people I used to work with daily. It's a steady day so it will be 4:00pm before too long. I have to jump in the car and head to the drive-in pharmacy, then to Target for a few things and then to Chipotle for a salad. If Verizon is still open, I'll swing by there because my Blackberry is on its last legs. I think it just needs a new battery but Verizon told me in 2018 that they weren't going to support it any longer so I may have to get something new. Do you know how hard it is to find a cell phone without a camera?

Have a great day, everyone, and keep those "something we don't know about you" tidbits coming.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Hi again!

I had my VA telemed appointment and all is fine with the bloodwork I had done. My potassium is a little low so I need to eat some bananas. :p She is going to put in a referral for acupuncture. I spoke to my program mentor for school and we'll speak again in two weeks. If I don't have a placement by then i'll have to take a month break and start again on September 1st. I guess because I can't just be sitting doing nothing. Hopefully i'll have a placement and start date lined up by then. Who knows! I asked what happens if I don't get a placement, is there a contingency and she said not really. That I would end up transferred to a different program or something like that and graduate without a license, so unable to teach unless my state waived the DT requirement which is unlikely.

I ran to the store and picked up the stuff on my list plus a few other things and now feel a migraine starting. I think i'll go upstairs and read in bed and try to nap maybe. I have nothing else to do today so no big loss there. I might make the meatloaf for dinner first and stick it in the fridge so if my headache gets worse I don't have to mess with it and can just put it in the oven, or one of the kids can. Nothing came in the mail from Eli's school today, guess maybe they were mailing it today. I haven't seen anything posted yet either about their plans, i'll check again when I get off here (supposed to be posted today).

Pamela- The Snickerdoodle coffee was good this morning. I'll try the Cinnamon Snowflake tomorrow morning.

Later friends!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Greetings from stormy PA!

It's dark and has been storming for a few hours now. M and I walked this morning. Then we ran to the high school to exchange my outdated school laptop to a new laptop. Then I stopped at the grocery for a few things. We came out to a major storm underway! Roads were flooding everywhere. It was crazy. Then it rained and stormed until about 5pm. Things are now south of us and have cleared up here for the most part. Temps dropped 20 degrees too. It's only 70 now.

I made the guys dinner before J took M to soccer, and I'll eat when I'm hungry. M and I had a late lunch, so I'm not really ready to eat yet. I'm fighting off a headache too. It may from the change in pressure outside because I can feel that in my ear drums.

We had a nice visit yesterday with our cousin and her daughter. It was so nice to see them. They live in Pittsburgh, so we don't see each other as often as we'd like to...especially less now that we are in the pandemic.

That's about it for this girl...I'm going to watch the evening news, and try to relax. The back to school decisions are weighing on my mind.

I forgot to add something you don't know about me....maybe you do know this, but I love interior design and wanted to major in it in college, but my family was not supportive of my dream. I'm very into decorating my home and once had the bedroom of our first apartment featured in a magazine called Country Decorating Ideas. It was in the 90s.

Have a blessed evening....

~peace and blessings~

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone. Still hot here. Been taking it easy today extra tired and concerned about my DS. We were just on a video call with our DD. Her live in BF got joint custody of his almost 18 yr old DD & 8 year old DS. The girl doesn't visit. The little boy is at their house for part of Summer vacation till 8-2. We brought him some Lego and had them sent there. He is putting one set together now with his dad & having a blast. We are glad because he plays WAY too much on his video game. Nothing wrong with playing video games but when that's all he wants to do well..

I like the tidbit question and can relate to several. NO roller coasters for me.I can't swim either. I can't stand when folks don't use manners. I am also not crazy about gravel roads DD flipped her car on one & wound up in a ditch.

Tidbit about me. I can't stand beets. I quit school when I was 16 and had my DS. 12 years later I took my GED and graduated number 2 in the class. DH cousin was #1 he'd only been out of school 6 months.

Ok it's warm here and supper time. Don't need to tell yall I detest Summer heat.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning to you all,
A wonderful Wednesday here, it is cool but the sun is shining so that is always a plus. Wednesdays are my busy days but also when I get to relax and do things on my own time.
Will do some house work in a while, prep for DrillDance tonight and will need to think of something for dinner. Will look through the store catalogues and see if there is anything I desperately need. Better do some washing too.

Pam, thanks for a lovely topic this morning.

I am a real nervous nelly, I hate speeding in cars, dirt roads, mountain roads, wet roads, I get really car sick, (I thinks i just hate driving) heights, and especially spiders. We have these massive spiders here called Huntsmen and when I was about 7 one crawled into the leg of my trousers and I could not get it out. Since then I have not been keen on them. Luckily DH is not scared of them and will catch and release if there is one in the house.

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I can not remember a string of single digit numbers like a phone number. Never have been able to remember them. I use to know phone numbers by the pattern of the push buttons. Thank goodness for phones with memories.

Dh and I headed out early for a nursery. He is getting.me two large self-watering planting pots for my birthday. They didn’t have the size I wanted, at least 36 inches high. Then we went to Costco, Sams club and then Farm&Home for cat food. Twillow will be one happy cat tonight. He will start getting half a little can twice a day along with some dry food. LC3 was home with DD. They did get a load of laundry done. And some TV watching.

Dh went to his golf league so DD and I ordered takeout. Just picked up flourless chocolate cake and a root beer. DD wanted pizza and we had leftovers in the freezer from last week‘s take out.

I’m now working on updating DD’s calendar with appointments and Birthdays. It is a flylady calendar which starts in August and goes for 18 months. Sometimes I change it in August and other times I wait for the end of the year.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I can not remember a string of single digit numbers like a phone number.
That is really interesting.

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Probably some weird learning disability. .

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I'm a grandma again!!! That makes 12 grandkids plus 4 greats.

Something about me...I am terrified of the ocean. When I was 6, my grandmother held my sister's (1-year old) and my hand at the water's edge. A wave sucked us out, she held onto us tight, and we had a terrible time getting back out of the water. There are things in the ocean that want to eat me, and I have dreadful tsunami nightmares. I'm afraid of rivers too. Swimming pools are fine - I can see whatever is in the water.