Telling a child about Santa

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
It came up when I asked for Christmas lists at the weekend. Youngest was not surprised at all, and was piecing together things.
Eldest was LIVID that we had lied to her - she didn't care that it wasn't real, she was upset that we "conned" her into believing. She said she'd rather have been told it was make believe from the get go and treated it as another part of the fun if that makes sense.

The thing that amazed them both was that all the gifts over the years were bought by us, since dh (in their words) "is a massive cheapskate" lol

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The thing that amazed them both was that all the gifts over the years were bought by us, since dh (in their words) "is a massive cheapskate" lol

I was laughing at this because we've had similar moments of disbelief except this is coming from my dc who know about Santa. We give "Santa" gifts out still. They are the ones that I would never give them as "Mom." But as "Santa" I have fun picking out items to surprise them. It's usually items that I think are impractical but my dc want or it's some kind of sugary food related item like a small gumball machine, sugared cereal in Christmas theme box, or specialty soda in a bottle.

Reactions: rabble

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I was laughing at this because we've had similar moments of disbelief except this is coming from my dc who know about Santa. We give "Santa" gifts out still. They are the ones that I would never give them as "Mom." But as "Santa" I have fun picking out items to surprise them. It's usually items that I think are impractical but my dc want or it's some kind of sugary food related item like a small gumball machine, sugared cereal in Christmas theme box, or specialty soda in a bottle.
Yeah we did similar: Santa has always given things we don't approve of - overpriced toys, treats that are considered contraband in our house... of course dh and I were outraged by what santa deemed appropriate gifts