Thanksgiving 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
This year we will spend Thanksgiving at my step-son's home.
I am still on crutches & still unable to do much. My surgery is scheduled for 12/22. It will put me out of commission again for a bit, but the surgeon says I will be 100% (or close) after the surgery.
I will be glad to have knee function back.
I wear my brace, which keeps me stable along with my crutch. :)
Take good care of your joints.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
this is my first thanksgiving without my MOther. I can remember last year like it was yesterday. it was just her & I. then my hubby & youngest son came in that early evening. But then my oldest came in with her Christmas TV. she was soooooo excited..... she absolutely cried like a baby. cuz she had never had a new one let alone a fat screen... lol
but this year both my boys have to work. one being at walmart & the other being at bass pro. that's the busiest days of the year.... so we have to have our dinner that Saturday. my dd is gonna take that weekend off, as that's all she does work is weekends.... lol
guessing we may go to hubby's sisters for Thanksgiving Day. need to get in gear as I am behind with dinner preps...
have a blessed week.....

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've been thankful to have thanksgiving on the day the last few years, but many days in my past we've all had to work. It takes a special family to keep those bonds together with busy schedules. enjoy it....

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanksgiving

I pray y'all have sweet times and memories this Thanksgiving. My sis and DNiece21 will be here with us and DH, DD22 and DS11. We like eating, of course, and watching the old Miracle on 34th Street.

We will not be shopping on Thanksgiving Day .... just saying ... LOL

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
It will be just us this Thanksgiving, as it usually is. We just live too far from family for anyone to come visit or us to them.

Snowey

Premiere Member
Last year , we went home to the states for the holidays, from thanksgiving to New Years. We had such a great time. This year we are staying here for the holidays. I am thinking about making a thanksgiving dinner anyway and inviting my sis and brother in law over.
Next year it will be another trip home for the holidays !

Puternut

Premiere Member
Apr 25, 2013
FL. USA
We watch the Macys parade in the morning, then later that day, we go out of town to a dinner theater (live theater) to see " The Great American Trailer Park Musical" and before the show we will enjoy the huge Thanksgiving buffet, the food there is awesome!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Thanksgiving was supposed to be hosted by eldest sons family but their little family is going through some changes right now so I offered to have it here. I really wanted to get started on Christmas decorations this week since Thanksgiving was finally going to be elsewhere but my family needs me to host Thanksgiving again. That is okay because any day with my family is a great day.

We've started dividing up the responsibilities. The host provides the meat or main course and the rest bring the veggies, desserts, breads and drinks. This makes it so much more enjoyable for everyone.

NEW TRADITION: This year I think I am going to put up a huge white board in my dining room. I want each and every one of them to write down what they are truly Thankful for before anyone sits down to eat. It's time to get back to making these kids think about the real meaning of each holiday.

I cannot wait to sink my teeth into DH's cornbread dressing and bread pudding. OMG, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Sugar crash here I come. LOL

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
This year will be at my mom's house with my children and grandchildren, my sister, children her children and grandchildren (I think), and my sister from Texas - the one who always says she's coming, but then doesn't. I'm not holding my breath, KWIM?

I'll go help my mom on Wednesday and Thursday. Her 80th birthday is the 22nd. We're supposed to celebrate her BD while my DSis from Texas is home. I can tell Mama is slowing down. She doesn't want to admit it, but I see little things here and there. Thanksgiving will be on my dad's BD, but he's celebrating that in heaven now.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
We live next door to my single sis-in-law and we always celebrate Thanksgiving with her-she makes the turkey and stuffing, I make the sides and desserts, and we carry it across the yard (she lives in the house where her and my husband grew up). Then on the Sat after we go out to my son's FIL for another potluck with all their family which is alot of fun..can't wait!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I'm excited! I just found out I definitely won't have to work on Thanksgiving so I can just enjoy one of my favorite holidays.

I'll relax in the morning and then we will have dinner with my husband's family at the country club where my brother-in-law belongs. (It sounds like he's rich but actually just a bachelor who loves golf.) It's so nice there and the holiday decorations are gorgeous. We go about an hour early and have drinks in the bar and then a wonderful buffet.

After dinner we go our separate ways because my in-laws are elderly and that is all the celebrating they can take. So we are free to drop by my mom's house and see my family. Thanksgiving there is a much more rowdy affair and this year we will have the Eagles-Dallas game to look forward to. We also draw names for our Christmas Pollyanna.

Can't wait!

sprouthappy

Retire Member
Nov 13, 2014
I hope you feel better! Surgery is never fun.

I’m going to have a small gathering this year, just the loved ones. Use to parade around crowded homes with 20 plus people.
This year I really wanted some down time. I’m excited to eat what everyone is cooking, I’m going to attempt to make a mushroom gravy for the potatoes