Thanksgiving 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hope our Canadian friend had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Prayers to FrostyShimmer.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Dsil is Canadian by birth. He left work early and shopped for Thanksgiving dinner. Brought home 3 HUGE pumpkins - bigger than Tiny Tim - for decoration and to carve later for Halloween. DH & I were sent to our room, and dsil blitzed around the main floor - everything is sparkling clean. He cooked & baked all afternoon - turkey breast with mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, candied yams, green beans w/bacon, cranberry sauce...and we will have apple pie for dessert after gymnastics.

I, too, hope our Canadian friends had a good Thanksgiving.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have no idea what our Thanksgiving plans are. We usually go to MI but my DB has not said if he is hosting or not. If he doesn't than it will be at Mom's and she will need lots of help to get ready.

Deb, will you also celebrate U.S, Thanksgiving in November?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I made reservations for buffet at the Sheraton today. I'll make a pumpkin pie and some kind of fancy munchies for the rest of the day.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I made reservations for buffet at the Sheraton today. I'll make a pumpkin pie and some kind of fancy munchies for the rest of the day.

Excellent. When we lived in North Carolina we went to the Country Kitchen for Thanksgiving. Everyone loved it.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Excellent. When we lived in North Carolina we went to the Country Kitchen for Thanksgiving. Everyone loved it.

Much different from the days when I would work 7p-7a, come home to fix thanksgiving dinner. It will be just be the 2 of us. Our son ( my stepson) spends the holiday with his mom so he can be with us for Christmas. Everyone else is gone now. We will however have a lovely holiday and I won't be exhausted for Black Friday. And my husband won't be on KP duty peeling potatoes for me!