thanksgiving 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DH and I will be hosting DS, DDIL and a BFF.

In fact, I just bought the turkey today at the commissary - 38 cents a pound!

Hopefully the work on the house will be basically finished and I will try and make things as festive as possible.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I've decided to forego Thanksgiving with my extended family. Just too many, and it will include both sides of my sister's family, and I've not seen any of them and know little of how they've handled things. So, will likely bring my Mom from Michigan to my house for the week and have dinner with her, my DD and SIL. Depending on weather, I may host or we may take things to my DD's. SIL's company does commercial snow and ice removal, so if the weather is not the best, it will be easier on him having dinner at their home.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am cooking for my family regardless but as of right now it is the 5 of us, BIL, SIL & her family, DH's aunt and cousin. These are family that we have been around through out this nightmare and we all wears masks routinely and try to do things safely.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Having dinner here with M, H and J. Will probably stop by my parents with some treats, but not stay long. We won't be going to the il's...too many people.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I cancelled out on hosting my parents, brother and a couple of friends back in August. I've got college students returning and didn't want to take any chances of exposing family and friends. It will be just the 7 of us now. I already spent my $400 in groceries so I can pick up my free turkey after Nov. 15th.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We had planned our family, my mom, both of my sisters and children and grandchildren, and two of my cousins and their families. Now, I don't know what we'll do. It seems Covid is getting closer and closer to our circle of people, so we'll see.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
It's just DH, DS17, and me. DD28 lives in VT. My dad and step-ma will be in Chicago traveling from south FL up. They will be stopping in over night on their way up, though. So, that will be nice the week before Thanksgiving. My sis in St Augustine is not wanting to gather. :(

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
I am thinking of cooking Thanksgiving dinner and delivering it to both my kids homes in an aluminum decorative container. My husband doesn't think so.....we both work with the public, I do wear a mask and a shield .....
Both kids and families have not gotten flu shots, my daughter in law's family just had a birthday party last week.....
This might be like I have said to my husband over the years "some decisions you get to make, some I get to make....this one is mine"

Laurie
"I'd rather be watching I Love Lucy".......

Reactions: jampss

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I am thinking of cooking Thanksgiving dinner and delivering it to both my kids homes in an aluminum decorative container. My husband doesn't think so.....we both work with the public, I do wear a mask and a shield .....
Both kids and families have not gotten flu shots, my daughter in law's family just had a birthday party last week.....
This might be like I have said to my husband over the years "some decisions you get to make, some I get to make....this one is mine"

Laurie
I think that is an excellent idea.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I usually make the side dishes and freeze ahead. I'm typically done by now but so much has been going on. Now I will definitely be making them and freezing them this weekend. Our family may be in quarantine for Thanksgiving. Dd gets tested next week for coronavirus. If she is positive, then we can't leave the house.

• Sad
Reactions: jampss

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio

Laurie
That’s a wonderful idea! As long as you are washing your hands and not coughing over the food ( which I know you won’t be doing lol) it’s fine. No different than getting take out , the drive through or eating in a restaurant or buying fresh produce! How nice they still get “moms thanksgiving dinner”. Gosh, I’d let you deliver here! :)

Reactions: homemade4me

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
That’s a wonderful idea! As long as you are washing your hands and not coughing over the food ( which I know you won’t be doing lol) it’s fine. No different than getting take out , the drive through or eating in a restaurant or buying fresh produce! How nice they still get “moms thanksgiving dinner”. Gosh, I’d let you deliver here! :)
Thank's Myron's Mom........My daughter said yesterday she would be happy to cook her own Thanksgiving dinner to save us the trip....then she said "well, how about we all start putting up our Christmas tree on that day? We will have more time ....yes?" Then we will all connect later in the day/evening in a Facebook room.....made me happy.......

Laurie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well ... DS17 will probably sleep through Thanksgiving. So, I'm thinking Turkey Sandwiches! :oops: :eek:;) Gonna keep it simple.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Well ... DS17 will probably sleep through Thanksgiving. So, I'm thinking Turkey Sandwiches! :oops: :eek:;) Gonna keep it simple.
It's a plan. I believe we will keep things simple too. I am not even interested in food these days. I do eat but not much.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
The 5 of us will be going to my parents. She was considering getting papa out of the retirement home for the day. Thankfully they had had zero cases in the home so if he gets a day pass he will have to quarantine for 14 days alone in his room (minus staff of course) but that's too hard an adjustment for him.